Rank the Middle Earth films!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiFabio

Super Freak
Reaction score
The Fellowship of the Ring
The Two Towers
Return of the King

An Unexpected Journey

Desolation of Smaug

Last edited by a moderator:
We need a rank thread for everything!

Someone do Terminator, Alien, Spider-Man, X-Men and the Marvel films. I don't have the heart or attention span to.

EDIT:

I bet you upgrade Smaug to Extended Edition.

We need a rank thread for everything!

Someone do Terminator, Alien, Spider-Man, X-Men and the Marvel films. I don't have the heart or attention span to.

EDIT:

I bet you upgrade Smaug to Extended Edition.

Please don't. I don't want to have to close a bunch of spam threads. :lol

I'll get the EE of DOS for sure.

FOTR both versions by far. I prefer the EE though.

ROTK - still good but has not aged as well. Some of the EE stuff is awful

TTT - EE improved this film. But I still struggle to sit through it. Basically I only watch it because it's part of the trilogy.

TABA - I might like this more then TTT but TDOS sort of has ruined the Hobbit films for me.

TDOS - I am sorry but I find this one to be pretty bad overall. I am hoping part 3 will make up for it. But it's boring, the characters do nothing, and I actually got tired of the dragon... Sometime there can be too much of a good thing.

Haven't watched the LOTR films recently enough to judge. I might agree that Fellowship is the best, that one really set the tone well.

The Two Towers
Return of the King

There and Back Again

Desolation of Smaug

I will agree 100% to this in the same order except I would put AUJ in the TABA slot...but I loved them all...Man youre lucky you got to see TABA before the rest of us

Fellowship of the Rings EE
Two Towers EE
Return of the King EE
There and Back Again EE

I haven't seen Desolation of Smaug yet. So I don't feel right ranking it.

Fellowship of the Ring
LOTR 2
LOTR 3 (pretty close with part 2, but loses points for the ending that drags on and on and on and on. . .and on)

Hobbit

Hobbit 2

I have yet to see the two new ones (I will wait for the third and watch them back to back) -

So for now I would say -

Fellowship
Return of the King
2 Towers

Now that is self control!

I have fallen away from going to the cinema over the last few years and I'm now in a routine were I can wait until it is released on DVD before I see a movie. Contrast that to when Fellowship came out and I went and seen that twice in the cinema.

The Two Towers

Return of the King

Batman and Robin

An Unexpected Journey

Haven't bothered with the recent one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't harbor any bad blood for The Hobbit trilogy (other than my opinion that "The Battle of the Five Armies" is an atrocious title), but I do prefer the old '70s cartoon. Grew up on it and it's an impressive little flick to this day.

Back