The Two Towers: 20th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RandomHero

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I'm watching the Fellowship of the Ring right now, and it dawned on me that the 20 year anniversary of this movie is in a month. Wild, can't believe how time flies. I started wondering if Asmus might get that Ian Holm Bilbo out to coincide with the 20th anniversary of the films.

That got me thinking. While it's too late to get anything into development for the Fellowship anniversary, it's not for The Two Towers. As mentioned in other threads, there have been a lot of people wanting a new Eowyn, Haldir (obviously myself there), and a new Boromir. What if Asmus decided to get a Shield Maiden Eowyn, a Helm's Deep Haldir, and a Gondor armor Boromir into development so they can get them up and maybe even one out for the anniversary of the film?

What do you think, @inyacher? Can you pitch this to the development team and try to get this going? It would be great for the fans to get something special they've been wanting to celebrate this beloved film.

Great ideas…would love to see some anniversary pieces/editions from Asmus…Weta have done some statue pieces for 20 years of FOTR, but would be great to get some 1/6 scale figures also to commemorate it . 🤞

Great ideas…would love to see some anniversary pieces/editions from Asmus…Weta have done some statue pieces for 20 years of FOTR, but would be great to get some 1/6 scale figures also to commemorate it . 🤞

For me how about that Thranduil/throne for the Hobbit 10th anniversary, and a Dwalin? I've been rewatching the trilogy as well, but am saving the Hobbit rewatching for Thanksgiving. It's been years and still miss the winter fan frenzy that when on. The Hobbit had the benefit of the 'net like the global online fan events (and you could rewatch trailers over and over:lol)

TTT is probably my favorite LOTR film (thanks to Rohan, for one thing) but dunno what to ask for. I own WETA's Eowyn$$$$...we have Eormer and Theoden - I suppose Gandalf the White, for me, is the first thing to come to mind. I'd go for a Haldir, too. Guess for me Eowyn would be irresistible, tho hoping my shelves don't get too repetitive. E.g. the white gown. But a re-release of warrior Eowyn would be welcome, for me.

Hobbit figures are not going to sell as well as LOTR outside of a few characters. I think Asmus would have done more already if that was the case. They’re just not nearly as beloved as the LOTR films.

Would definitely be nice if they can throw us a 20th anniversary figure or two from the Two Towers.

Hobbit figures are not going to sell as well as LOTR outside of a few characters. I think Asmus would have done more already if that was the case. They’re just not nearly as beloved as the LOTR films.

Would definitely be nice if they can throw us a 20th anniversary figure or two from the Two Towers.

But ASMUS does limited runs, and there's always gonna be fans like me who would like to color Middle Earth more than the 9 companions and Gandalf. Not saying ASMUS shouldn't do anniversary figures; and I sure would like a new Eowyn; but a figure like Dain would be very appreciated.

Tho not even sure what I would do if ASMUS released a white gown Eowyn. Because I have the Weta version. Probably wouldn't be able to resist :banghead:gandalf_w

Anyway IMO ASMUS should gear up for all things Middle Earth, as am sure other companies will take advantage of the hyoe from Amazon's upcoming Middle Earth series. With the money Amazon spent, am sure they are going to let everyone know about it.

So I'm watching the Fellowship of the Ring right now, and it dawned on me that the 20 year anniversary of this movie is in a month. Wild, can't believe how time flies. I started wondering if Asmus might get that Ian Holm Bilbo out to coincide with the 20th anniversary of the films.

That got me thinking. While it's too late to get anything into development for the Fellowship anniversary, it's not for The Two Towers. As mentioned in other threads, there have been a lot of people wanting a new Eowyn, Haldir (obviously myself there), and a new Boromir. What if Asmus decided to get a Shield Maiden Eowyn, a Helm's Deep Haldir, and a Gondor armor Boromir into development so they can get them up and maybe even one out for the anniversary of the film?

What do you think, @inyacher? Can you pitch this to the development team and try to get this going? It would be great for the fans to get something special they've been wanting to celebrate this beloved film.
I hope we get a helm’s deep galadhrim archer/warrior!!! After the prologue elven warriors, I would love more general elves in the collection.

1637199645402.png

@inyacher

I can’t believe it , 20 years has passed since the Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring premiered for the first time in London. The world premiere was held at the Odeon Leicester Square in London on 10 December 2001

Back