Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek TOS Kirk and Spock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hoping someone comes up with a 1/6 scale transporter room, that would be such cool way to display everyone (bridge crew on the 6 transporters, Scotty at the controls)

I just had a go at swapping bodies between AOS Kirk and the good Doctor, with relative success.

AOS Kirk uses a Hot Toys type clone body, with peculiarly long arms.
McCoy's stock body is quite large. Really great quality, actually. It's massive and very sturdy.

Anyway, the AOS body didn't quite work for McCoy, because the neck post is way too low, so McCoy ended up having no neck, which made him look pretty stupid, so in the end I used a stock Hot Toys true type, one of the narrow shoulder designs from a few years ago. I had to switch the ankle posts to fit the TT body, but it wasn't too hard to get the posts out of the boots, I just unzipped the boots and (carefully) used some pliers. McCoy's still a bit too broad shouldered and his biceps are still a bit too big, but the uniform sits a lot better. I might try tinkering some more when I have the time and patience.

As for AOS Kirk, the McCoy body works great. There's only two minor problems that I haven't completely fixed: 1- the neck is too long, so I had to take out the socket from the connector, which means the head is being held in place by the black undershirt... BUT... the proportions work now! 2- The ankle pegs inside the boots are two small for the sockets in the McCoy body, so Kirk's a bit unstable right now... I'm sure both things are easy fixes, but for now I'll just leave it as WIP.

Sorry for the lack of pictures, but no camera available at the moment.

Forgot to mention that McCoy's uniform is tailored to the body, so the medical pouch sit too high when attached to the magnet in the pants...

I'm hoping someone comes up with a 1/6 scale transporter room, that would be such cool way to display everyone (bridge crew on the 6 transporters, Scotty at the controls)

Hasn't somebody been showing off 3d-printed sets over in the QMX General thread? I think it was Sybeck. He's been around Trek forums for a long, long time.

Yeah I had one. Until it was damaged in my garage this past spring. It was out of scale. Probably 10% bigger than it should have been. I started with the wrong file until finding a better one. Now I am working on a DST AA TOS bridge. I remember your great work back in the day, Cap'n

Forgot to mention that McCoy's uniform is tailored to the body, so the medical pouch sit too high when attached to the magnet in the pants...

Doh! This got far too complicated for an amateur like me. I think I'll put him back on his original body.

There are a couple of cool dioramas out there. I think Nanjin tried to swing transporter pad bases for the figures originally but to no avail.

_20180817_231544.jpg

I swapped McCoy back onto his original body and just swapped Kirk onto a standard coo body I had going spare. He's just a tiny bit shorter than Spock and McCoy. If anything, Spock could do with ankle extenders but they all look fine. I finally pulled out some accessories, although I think Rand's hands are a bit too small to handle Kirk's PADD.

Guess I should have posted this here not in the general thread. After seeing Dave's great looking mod, I finally got around to replacing Spock's body. After looking around for a suitable body, I ended up combining two bodies; a ttm-18 clone upper body and ttm-21 lower as the legs were too short and skinny on the 18. Needed 1/4" ankle extenders to get him to 12".

5415b1865272aeb9038f51143173e1bd.jpg

79ec7fea0c4fb7b4ca8f3ce113e4c22b.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, guys! I love these figures, but Spock's buff body was just bugging me. Still might have to dremel the chest down a bit.

BTW, I've been shooting some promo shots for some upcoming QMx releases which I think you'll like if you like that first pic!
The best body for Spock, in my personal opinion, is TTL 3.0 by ToyCity (no longer in business) Lean and tall body, perfect for Spock.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Nice pic!

And no immediate plans for Scotty. Though I do concur the injection of red into the mix is a nice addition, I’m content with the big three at the moment.

Back