Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek TOS Kirk and Spock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great photos! Spock always was fascinated by all forms of alien life.
Thank you! Here is another thing for him to be fascinated with:

Quadrat - Text (600 x 600).jpg

I'm really happy with these. I bought them months ago, but couldn't open them (as my basement was under renovation). They really pop on the shelf, and the details on the accessories is 2nd to none. I'd also say that the headsculpts and tailoring, if not on Hot Toys level, is certainly better than Sideshow and Enterbay (in my opinion). Although I still love my Sideshow figs, they really should find out which factory QMX is using, and use them as well... (I've since changed the communicator in Kirk's hand, to make sure it was open, and hide the magnet)
KirkSpocka.jpg
KirkSpockb.jpg

How do you extend a torso? I'll admit, I'm less bothered about Spock than I am about McCoy. Presumably the body would do just as well for him without extension?

Yeah I agree McCoy is probably the one who needs a slimmer body more than Spock. As for the torso, I unscrewed the torso on the Freddy body and inserted the extension piece from the stock COO body. Although it did take a bit of dremeling and MacGyvering to get the torso to work right and articulate like it should afterward.

I don't remember the exact height before my torso mod, but pretty sure it would have been about right for McCoy. I used the Threezero Rick Grimes body for mine though.

Here's all three of mine after their minor mods (Spock and McCoy on slimmer bodies, giving Kirk a broader chest and lightening the top of his hair). And of course I couldn't resist putting Kirk in that Superman pose he was always striking on the show. :)

20180805_114443 (925x924).jpg

My main concern is that the hands and feet fit ok so it's really useful to have a couple of options. So Rick Grimes or Freddie Krueger? Noted!

Edit: They look great!

My main concern is that the hands and feet fit ok so it's really useful to have a couple of options. So Rick Grimes or Freddie Krueger? Noted!

Edit: They look great!

I think I might have needed to narrow the wrist pegs to get them to fit in. But anytime you switch to another body there are little mods like that that you have to make.

Here's all three of mine after their minor mods (Spock and McCoy on slimmer bodies, giving Kirk a broader chest and lightening the top of his hair). And of course I couldn't resist putting Kirk in that Superman pose he was always striking on the show. :)

View attachment 422012

Seeing them together really shows what a huge difference these mod make.

Really well done

Back