QMx 1:6 Star Trek: TNG - Jean Luc Picard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that's annoying. My staining is extremely bad, and they straight up ignored my messages through their site. I hate inconsistent customer service. Will try one more time.

Same here. I sent a couple of emails when I first purchased the figure and never received a reply. Simply gave up.

Hynobrett, please send me your address. Somehow, I couldnt reply your PM.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk
1a0c4662387482e55689bd6774d847c9.jpg

Just sent it via PM. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wanted to give credit where credit is due. I contact QMX customer service via their website and asked about replacement Picard heads for the two figures I had bought. Cusromer Service Rep. Rocky replied in a couple days and requested photos of the staining and I sent them, a day or so later he replied that he could send me two replacement heads. He never asked where or when I bought them, one was from SSC and one was from Walmart.com. A week or so later the two heads arrive and the necks are nice and clean. They did not ask me to destroy the two stained heads like SSC has done in the past.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Nice. My figure had staining on TOP of the head where it is clearly visible and the same rep told me they didn’t have any extras to send out for replacements. This was a few weeks ago.

Luckily nanjin offered to send me a replacement. That man should be running his own company.

Nice. My figure had staining on TOP of the head where it is clearly visible and the same rep told me they didn’t have any extras to send out for replacements. This was a few weeks ago.

Luckily nanjin offered to send me a replacement. That man should be running his own company.

I still couldnt reply. Will go out tomorrow through USPS Priority small box.

My Picard has some staining but it is hidden by the collar so I never even noticed it until recently. Will it get worse over time? It’s been on display since it arrived when they first were released. Staining aside I think this is a very underrated figure in my opinion. It looks great on the shelf.

My Picard has some staining but it is hidden by the collar so I never even noticed it until recently. Will it get worse over time? It’s been on display since it arrived when they first were released. Staining aside I think this is a very underrated figure in my opinion. It looks great on the shelf.
I think the environment will make a difference. The one I had in China office had some serious staining, while the one I have on HK has very minimum and didnt continue after all this time.

Assuming all other factors as constant, humidity and temperature might intensify the issue.

Picard is my forever nightmare.

0947fe4c1b4a83c0411d1464074eeba4.jpg

Was there ever a solution to prevent the staining on future releases?? Perhaps a lining in the collar? I had received a replacement head when the figure was first released and wrapped the bottom of the neck in plastic and the dye still bled through it and stained the new head.

Does anyone have knowledge of pictures of the controls on Picard's chair arms? For possible custom. Thanks

Got Picard yesterday using reward points, I am blown away by the portrait on this figure, so many pictures have made the likeness look off or the quality look cheap, but this is a great looking figure.

E4yzXIy.jpg

Got Picard yesterday using reward points, I am blown away by the portrait on this figure, so many pictures have made the likeness look off or the quality look cheap, but this is a great looking figure.

E4yzXIy.jpg
Nice photo. I am tempted every time I see this figure, even though I feel the tailoring and likeness leave something to be desired. I think the main thing that keeps me from pulling the trigger, though, is the knowledge that getting a figure without cosmetic damage above the collar is a roll of the dice.

Looks like you got pretty lucky, though!

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

I did, below the collar is a mess, but it's all hidden.

My issues with the figure are pretty much with the body.

Picard's head is either a bit too big or his shoulders not wide enough.

Star-Trek-The-Next-Generation-star-trek-the-next-generation-9406217-2368-2016.jpg

I can live with that though.

What bothers me more with the body is that the arms have muscle definition and I feel like less range of motion than a body made just to pose and not be anatomically correct.

I did, below the collar is a mess, but it's all hidden.

My issues with the figure are pretty much with the body.

Picard's head is either a bit too big or his shoulders not wide enough.

View attachment 497837

I can live with that though.

What bothers me more with the body is that the arms have muscle definition and I feel like less range of motion than a body made just to pose and not be anatomically correct.
I definitely agree about the shoulders. One pet peeve i have, from the photos I've seen, is that the collar ended up being quite thick and doesn't look quite right to my eye.

Something like that I don't take issue with because there's only so much you can do scaling down things like cloths. I can say it looks worse in zoomed photos and looks fine as a shelf display piece.

The shoulder proportions could have been managed better though, this feels more like season 1/2 Picard the way the uniform fits, it always stood out to me in the later seasons how he looked so broad shouldered then but looked so scrawny in season 1/2.

Something like that I don't take issue with because there's only so much you can do scaling down things like cloths. I can say it looks worse in zoomed photos and looks fine as a shelf display piece.

The shoulder proportions could have been managed better though, this feels more like season 1/2 Picard the way the uniform fits, it always stood out to me in the later seasons how he looked so broad shouldered then but looked so scrawny in season 1/2.
Yep, definitely agree. Those S1/S2 uniforms were rarely flattering, but looked particularly inappropriate on Picard.

Back