QMx 1:6 Star Trek: TNG - Jean Luc Picard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello all,

Like to have some opinions:

1) Do you expect there will be 1/6 Star Trek TNG after QMx, and what do you expect from the future releases.

2) Do you see yourself collecting the whole crew? Or just some specific characters? If specific characters, who are they in priorities.

3) how do you feel about pre-ordering?

4) do you expect to see a delivery date? What is the Acceptable turnaround time that you would expect from future 1/6 Star Trek TNG releases?

5) beside the main crew, whom do you like to see in 1/6 Trek TNG?

6) it is no doubt that the uniform used from S4 onward (S5 to be correct) were the Classic TNG era uniforms. What do you feel about 1/6 First Contact uniforms that had more military feel to it?

7) 3 words to describe TNG

8) 3 words to describe Star Trek Picard.

9) QMx's 1/6 Star Trek was released in 2017. In one short paragraph, describe how you feel about the experience.

10) in your opinion, is there such thing as Trek vs Trek where one series competes with another.

11) your top 3 Trek series of any?

11) if possible, please let me know your age group:
A) 16~25
B) 26~35
C) 36~45
D) 46~55
E) 56 and above

Thank you for your kind attention, and really appreciate the responses.

Nanjin

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

1. I would like to see more TNG, but I doubt I’d get the whole crew. TOS is my main priority, and that’s where I’m more interested in the entire crew and subsidiary characters.

2. As I mentioned, I’d probably only get some of the characters from any subsequent series after TOS.

3. POs can be annoying, but they are the nature of the 1/6 scale collecting. My biggest complaint of any PO would be the bait and switch that happens with some companies — awesome prototype to be let-down by the final product.

4. I don’t think a firm delivery date is realistic in any way, but a 6 month turnaround at most from PO to release would be great.

5. The Borg Queen!

6. Maybe...

7. Slow start. Improved.

8. Sucked. Horrible. Mistake.

9. Started strong, then fell apart near the end. Got my hopes up for more, and then they were dashed to pieces.

10. Honestly, by the time Enterprise rolled around, there were just too many series one after another — and never watched more than a few episodes (none of them consecutive). Never really cared for DS9 since the producers ripped off Babylon 5, which left a bad taste in my mouth. Haven’t wasted any time on Discovery.

11. TOS, TNG, and Voyager.

12. D pushing E

Hi Nanjin, My answers are in red.

1) Do you expect there will be 1/6 Star Trek TNG after QMx, and what do you expect from the future releases.

I am hopeful that you will be able to bring 1/6 Star Trek TNG (along with TOS and possibly other shows and films) to fans/collectors. I would like to see completion of the main cast/crew and major characters from the series and films. Also variations would be most welcome. For example, "Mirror, Mirror" versions for TOS, Alien characters, Data as Sherlock Holmes, for example.

2) Do you see yourself collecting the whole crew? Or just some specific characters? If specific characters, who are they in priorities.

Definitely the whole crew would be obtained.

Pre-ordering is fine, especially if the figure will ship quicker, be discounted and/or come with exclusive items.

4) do you expect to see a delivery date? What is the Acceptable turnaround time that you would expect from future 1/6 Star Trek TNG releases?

The quicker the turn-around, the better. Asmus Toys seems to have found a good time-frame with their "Lord of the Rings" line. Usually shipping within several months after pre-ordering. The 2+ years wait from Hot Toys really dampens excitement and interest. Best to wait until the figure is further down in development before announcing the pre-order.

Locutus of Borg, Gowron (Klingon leader), "Q", O'Brien, Tasha Yar, and generic figures such as The Borg, Romulans, and other interesting aliens.

6) it is no doubt that the uniform used from S4 onward (S5 to be correct) were the Classic TNG era uniforms. What do you feel about 1/6 First Contact uniforms that had more military feel to it?

I would prefer the Season 3 onward uniforms to be the standard TV series uniforms. First Contact uniforms are very nice but based on the films and could be a different line, in themselves.

Worthy
Storytelling
Characters

1. Leader
2. Intelligent
3. Professional

9) QMx's 1/6 Star Trek was released in 2017. In one short paragraph, describe how you feel about the experience.

They had so much potential, especially with Nanjin's guidance but chose not to allow him to lead with his business plan, experience and passion for the franchise.

10) in your opinion, is there such thing as Trek vs Trek where one series competes with another.

I believe so, especially in regards to collectibles, where fans may have to decide which series to put their limited hobby funds towards. BUT... Many, if not all Star Trek fans would purchase at least some figures from all series lines.

Original Series and The Next Generation are tied for favorite. Deep Space Nine and Voyager tied for 3rd place.

A) 16~25
B) 26~35
C) 36~45
D) 46~55
E) 56 and above

Nanjin

Here are my answers!

1) Yes but only because I have faith that your persistence will eventually get ST a second chance. After all the hope with QMX and how that turned out I have mixed feelings about ST future. I have faith that you will fight for it but I don’t know if a company will be patient enough to play the long game. I don’t see it moving the same volume as Marvel or Star Wars so I could see companies deciding a few figures in that the profit is not enough to justify their time and resources.

2) If I can afford it I will be getting the main TOS, movie & TNG crews. If I can afford it I will get others as well but those will be my top wants followed by some of the main antagonists.

3) I like preordering as long as the window is not too long. Asmus does a decent job of keeping the preorders down to 2 to 3 months for the most part where Hot Toys & Sideshow seems to be getting to 6 months plus and then of course it seems like everything always gets delayed.

4) It would be neat to get to where we have one figure arriving as another preorder goes live. I do not like getting 3 to 4 preorders into it and still not have the first figure. Especially with what happened to a lot of people with Scotty & Sulu and some other companies going under.

5) For TNG my top want after the main crew is Q and the borg! After that TNG Spock would be up there and some of the Klingons and other aliens.

6) I will absolutely get them if I can afford them. I really liked First Contact. I will get a little wary if we get one character in season 5 uniform and then another crew member in First Contact. This is solely based on past experience where we are left with incomplete crews/teams (not just a ST issue)

7) I can’t think of just 3 words that does it justice. Maybe these: Hopeful, positive, wonder. Not necessarily the best 3 but based on the depressing funk the world is stuck in right now I can really appreciate an overall hopefully positive view of the future regardless of whether not it is realistic.

8) I still need to see it!!!! Life has been too crazy. I thought I would see it while I was recovering from surgery but I never got the chance. Even now while I am starting rehab I still have no time!

9) Overall I loved the figures. My biggest issue with the figures is my stained neck Picard. I totally missed out on getting a 2nd head from QMX so some of that falls on me. If I had reached out when everyone else was I probably would have had gotten a replacement one. The figures (at least the ones I received) were all sturdy and can stand with and without the stands. Picard came out great in my opinion (I know others have different opinions but to me he turned out great). The TOS figures can look a like strange in the collarbone to neck area (due to the figure body underneath) but I was able to get poses that minimized the issue for me. I loved the little things like Scotty’s hand with the missing finger to pay homage to the actor.

10) Yes! There are just so many possible figures that with limited resources there are only so many I could buy. TOS, movies and TNG are my top 3 but if I could I would also buy the new movies, some of DS9. . . but if it meant I could not complete TOS or had to miss out of a bridge crew member from TNG I would pass on those other figures.

11) In order ST movies (since that is what I was first introduced to by my dad), TOS (grew up watching videos of it with my dad) and TNG (I didn’t get to see most of the shows live but I watched it when I could get to see it and oddly enough I found out after marrying her that my wife grew up watching it so she rewatched it all with me during our first years of marriage)

11) C) 36~45

Hope this helps for your research!

1. I would like to see more TNG, but I doubt I?d get the whole crew. TOS is my main priority, and that?s where I?m more interested in the entire crew and subsidiary characters.

2. As I mentioned, I?d probably only get some of the characters from any subsequent series after TOS.

3. POs can be annoying, but they are the nature of the 1/6 scale collecting. My biggest complaint of any PO would be the bait and switch that happens with some companies ? awesome prototype to be let-down by the final product.

4. I don?t think a firm delivery date is realistic in any way, but a 6 month turnaround at most from PO to release would be great.

5. The Borg Queen!

6. Maybe...

7. Slow start. Improved.

8. Sucked. Horrible. Mistake.

9. Started strong, then fell apart near the end. Got my hopes up for more, and then they were dashed to pieces.

10. Honestly, by the time Enterprise rolled around, there were just too many series one after another ? and never watched more than a few episodes (none of them consecutive). Never really cared for DS9 since the producers ripped off Babylon 5, which left a bad taste in my mouth. Haven?t wasted any time on Discovery.

11. TOS, TNG, and Voyager.

12. D pushing E

I already in E. Thank you for the answers. Greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Happy to help see below for responses.

Side note, I am very disappointed that the Wrath of Khan Kirk and Spock figures never came out, those uniforms and those characters from that film embody TOS Trek for me and I would love to own them both.

Hello all,

I don't have expectations, but I hope it's not over with. I do expect future releases to look and feel like they're part of a line that includes Picard, I wouldn't want figures aside from Picard to stand out from him.

Space and budget are a concern for me, so my crew would be limited to Worf and Data beyond Picard.

I pre-order as often as possible, but I prefer not to pay up front. If payment of front is necessary, I prefer it to be something like a 10% deposit vs the entire cost.

Most releases have delivery estimates so it's good to know, especially if the figure is not paid for up front, it's helpful to know when to expect to pay to manage personal finances.

I would think 12 months is a pretty standard turn around, particularly if corporate resources are not available. Longer than 12 months would be acceptable as long as a target is given so that there's no sense of the product never coming out.

For me, I am definitely interested in a Locutus and Unification Spock.

Outside of the S5 uniforms, the First Contact style uniforms are my most favorite of the TNG crew.

Classic, nostalgic, important.

Valuable, necessary, emotional.

I only recently received a figure, but given that I share the staining issue that others ran into, I would say I feel they generally produced a great product and just had some QC issues they may have been preventable.

I don't think it's a competition, I think it comes down to what you grow up on. I was born in 1983, so for me I grew up on the later year Original Series cast movies and TNG. With streaming services taking off, I now have a chance to go back and check out TOS episodes, which I intend to.

TNG
Voyager
Picard

A) 16~25
B) 26~35
C) 36~45
D) 46~55
E) 56 and above

36~45

Nanjin

Yes... i?ve read your posts :)

I will probably only get Data (i have Picard), but if i had more space:

Data, Worf, Captain?s Chair, Spock from TNG, Borg Queen

Is what it is. i assume it helps gauge interest and plan production sizes.

Yes. 6 months max. ideally 3

See 2

Nice to have but not a priority.

Human progress evolution

Not as good :)

Disappointing

yes

TNG, TOS, VOY

C) 36~45

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Answers in bold.

Hello all,

I hope so! I want to at least see the whole TNG crew in their TV series (season 5-7) uniforms.

I will buy the entire crew.

Okay. Whatever gets the job done.

I don't expect an exact date. But within a year seems acceptable.

ENSIGN RO!

I would buy those, too, but not until the TV versions are complete.

Family.
Hopeful.
Comfort.

Dark.
Depressing.
Failure.

Hopeful, but ultimately disappointed. Got tired of being teased with prototypes that were never released.

Yes. I prefer TOS + Berman era over NuTrek.

TNG
DS9
TOS

A) 16~25
B) 26~35
C) 36~45
D) 46~55
E) 56 and above

Nanjin

Hello all,

I sincerely hope so, I'd like to complete my TOS bridge crew. Seems Qmx aren't going to honour the outstanding preorders for Scott & Sulu. To finish the TOS line up, then continue into the other series.

It would be whole crews for TOS, TNG & DS9. Plu various aliens like Q, TOS Klingon & Romulan, Gorn.
Practically the entire supporting cast from DS9 especially Garak, Dukat, Rom, Leeta, Weyoun, Martok, Nog, Damar.
Janeway, 7 & the Doctor.

Fine as long as its not a 2 year wait like for HT

Within 12 months, no longer

Q, Gowron, Locutus, Admiral McCoy, Guinan.

Love the FC uniforms, but would prefer to see them utilised for the DS9 crew.

Ground breaking, memorable and thought provoking.

Underwhelming, lacked chemistry

Was onboard straight away. Blown away by the TOS trio & Khan. Tempted to get Picard later on but staining issue put me off as did head to shoulder ratio. Eventually disappointed, disillusion and angry at Qmx for their handling of 1/6th and still decline to state that their 1/6th lines are over.

Definitely, probably one of the biggest issues in marketing trek products. Similar to the divide in SW fandom.

DS9, TOS (+ films), TNG

A) 16~25

B) 26~35

C) 36~45 - [emoji851]

D) 46~55

E) 56 and above

Nanjin

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Happy to help see below for responses.

Side note, I am very disappointed that the Wrath of Khan Kirk and Spock figures never came out, those uniforms and those characters from that film embody TOS Trek for me and I would love to own them both.
Twok is an epic in Trek, a Saga in Scifi. Thank you for your time in answering these questions.

Yes... i?ve read your posts :)

I will probably only get Data (i have Picard), but if i had more space:

Data, Worf, Captain?s Chair, Spock from TNG, Borg Queen

Is what it is. i assume it helps gauge interest and plan production sizes.

Yes. 6 months max. ideally 3

See 2

Nice to have but not a priority.

Human progress evolution

Not as good :)

Disappointing

yes

TNG, TOS, VOY

C) 36~45

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for your support. You should be a happy Trek dude in 2021.

Twok is an epic in Trek, a Saga in Scifi. Thank you for your time in answering these questions.

Thank you for the time you invest in these figures, I wish I'd gotten Picard soon seeing the craftsmanship in hand, an underrated piece in my opinion.

Hello all,

I sincerely hope so, I'd like to complete my TOS bridge crew. Seems Qmx aren't going to honour the outstanding preorders for Scott & Sulu. To finish the TOS line up, then continue into the other series.

It would be whole crews for TOS, TNG & DS9. Plu various aliens like Q, TOS Klingon & Romulan, Gorn.
Practically the entire supporting cast from DS9 especially Garak, Dukat, Rom, Leeta, Weyoun, Martok, Nog, Damar.
Janeway, 7 & the Doctor.

Fine as long as its not a 2 year wait like for HT

Within 12 months, no longer

Q, Gowron, Locutus, Admiral McCoy, Guinan.

Love the FC uniforms, but would prefer to see them utilised for the DS9 crew.

Ground breaking, memorable and thought provoking.

Underwhelming, lacked chemistry

Was onboard straight away. Blown away by the TOS trio & Khan. Tempted to get Picard later on but staining issue put me off as did head to shoulder ratio. Eventually disappointed, disillusion and angry at Qmx for their handling of 1/6th and still decline to state that their 1/6th lines are over.

Definitely, probably one of the biggest issues in marketing trek products. Similar to the divide in SW fandom.

DS9, TOS (+ films), TNG

A) 16~25

B) 26~35

C) 36~45 - [emoji851]

D) 46~55

E) 56 and above

Nanjin

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Thank you for your time, really appreciate this. You might be even happier than jlacivita in 2021

It seems like you are very passionate about making that happen, and there's definitely a market for it. I'm not sure exactly how big that market might be, but there is definitely an absence of high end Star Trek collectibles that an ongoing 1/6 line could fill.

One consideration is that there will be some people apprehensive about starting a line with an ensemble cast if they feel there's a potential for not everyone to be made. Being open about how far the line may go from the get go would be important, though I understand this would also depend on how well initial offerings sell.

I've so far avoided collecting Star Trek figures as I prefer TNG and DS9 over TOS, but I would definitely consider the entire TNG crew. I would say Data would be the safest bet after Picard, followed by Riker, Troi, Worf, Geordi, and Dr. Crusher in that order.

Pre-ordering is the norm. Although that would depend on pre-ordering with a deposit or pre-ordering with the full amount down. I think most people would be comfortable with a deposit, though some would be okay with a full amount.

But that also means a commitment to not miss delivery dates as it can rapidly spiral out of control like in the case of ANOVOS and many other colliectibles companies.

Yes. Collectors have grown accustom to waiting about a year or so for products. A bit longer would still be acceptable as long as there is communication and transparency.

TNG has a rich host of memorable recurring and one off characters. I would definitely like to see side characters like Ro Laren or Miles O'Brien, but that would really depend on overall demand.

My suggestion (for both TOS and TNG) would be to provide uniform/accessory packs (ie. a pack with just a security uniform, Phaser, and Tricorder) so that people can make custom background crew members with their own 1/6 bodies and headsculpts. Would be a good way for folks to make a team of red shirts.

My favorite uniform is the First Contact uniform. This would be the ideal setup for me, but the series uniform is also extremely iconic. Perhaps a deluxe version of every character could be made available with an extra First Contact uniform included at an addition cost so people can have both. Or just sell the uniforms by themselves separately.

I'm not sure how many people would double dip on the same characters, though I know some would.

1. Timeless
2. Iconic
3. Hopeful

1. Schlock
2. Disappointing
3. U.S.S. Copy-Paste

I didn't collect the line, but the figures seemed okay with some issues. The line generally appears to have been mishandled. Had a lot of potential but didn't go far enough.

There are some people that see it that way, as with any fandom. I think it's okay to like just one part of the entire series, or all of it. Everyone is different.

1. TNG
2. DS9
3. First Contact
Honorable Mention: Lower Decks, which is excellent and understands Star Trek better than Discovery or Picard.

11) if possible, please let me know your age group: - This should be #12
B) 26~35

Last edited:

When TWOK figures finally come would you consider a deluxe release with the away jacket and a screaming Khan head for Kirk? While I wouldn’t have the screaming Khan head in my main display I could see picking up a 2nd to display that way at work simply because that scream has made it into pop culture to where even people that do not really know about Trek know that yell. It’s been parodied in everything from Seinfeld to Anamaniacs.

Oh My!!!

I misunderstood this question:

I thought you were asking about "Captain Picard", the character! Hence my answers:

1. Leader
2. Intelligent
3. Professional

After reading some of the other responses, it hit me that you meant the TV Show "Star Trek: Picard"...

I wish to immediately correct my answers, please!

1. Garbage
2. Insulting
3. Pathetic

I definitely hope so!

Given lack of space, would prefer only more major characters like Riker, Worf, Data, and Q. But if the likenesses on Troi or Geordi are amazing I will probably buy those too.

No issue with it. I got over 20 figures on preorder at the moment.

Ideally within 1 year

Q, Lore, Yesterday's Enterprise Tasha Yar, Tomalak

Would love to have at least Picard in his FC uniform.

Nostalgic, iconic, fun

Watchable, underwhelming, overly-padded

I'm mostly happy with the releases we did get, but as I've said before I would have preferred a greater consistency in head sculpt quality.

I suppose so, if people are passing on one Trek figure because they're waiting for one from a different Trek series instead.

TOS, DS9, TNG

A) 16~25
B) 26~35
C) 36~45
D) 46~55
E) 56 and above

D (46)

Back