QMx 1:6 Star Trek: TNG - Jean Luc Picard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1) Do you expect there will be 1/6 Star Trek TNG after QMx, and what do you expect from the future releases.

It seems like you are very passionate about making that happen, and there's definitely a market for it. I'm not sure exactly how big that market might be, but there is definitely an absence of high end Star Trek collectibles that an ongoing 1/6 line could fill.

One consideration is that there will be some people apprehensive about starting a line with an ensemble cast if they feel there's a potential for not everyone to be made. Being open about how far the line may go from the get go would be important, though I understand this would also depend on how well initial offerings sell.

2) Do you see yourself collecting the whole crew? Or just some specific characters? If specific characters, who are they in priorities.

I've so far avoided collecting Star Trek figures as I prefer TNG and DS9 over TOS, but I would definitely consider the entire TNG crew. I would say Data would be the safest bet after Picard, followed by Riker, Troi, Worf, Geordi, and Dr. Crusher in that order.

3) how do you feel about pre-ordering?

Pre-ordering is the norm. Although that would depend on pre-ordering with a deposit or pre-ordering with the full amount down. I think most people would be comfortable with a deposit, though some would be okay with a full amount.

But that also means a commitment to not miss delivery dates as it can rapidly spiral out of control like in the case of ANOVOS and many other colliectibles companies.

4) do you expect to see a delivery date? What is the Acceptable turnaround time that you would expect from future 1/6 Star Trek TNG releases?

Yes. Collectors have grown accustom to waiting about a year or so for products. A bit longer would still be acceptable as long as there is communication and transparency.

5) beside the main crew, whom do you like to see in 1/6 Trek TNG?

TNG has a rich host of memorable recurring and one off characters. I would definitely like to see side characters like Ro Laren or Miles O'Brien, but that would really depend on overall demand.

My suggestion (for both TOS and TNG) would be to provide uniform/accessory packs (ie. a pack with just a security uniform, Phaser, and Tricorder) so that people can make custom background crew members with their own 1/6 bodies and headsculpts. Would be a good way for folks to make a team of red shirts.

6) it is no doubt that the uniform used from S4 onward (S5 to be correct) were the Classic TNG era uniforms. What do you feel about 1/6 First Contact uniforms that had more military feel to it?

My favorite uniform is the First Contact uniform. This would be the ideal setup for me, but the series uniform is also extremely iconic. Perhaps a deluxe version of every character could be made available with an extra First Contact uniform included at an addition cost so people can have both. Or just sell the uniforms by themselves separately.

I'm not sure how many people would double dip on the same characters, though I know some would.

7) 3 words to describe TNG
1. Timeless
2. Iconic
3. Hopeful

8) 3 words to describe Star Trek Picard.
1. Schlock
2. Disappointing
3. U.S.S. Copy-Paste

9) QMx's 1/6 Star Trek was released in 2017. In one short paragraph, describe how you feel about the experience.

I didn't collect the line, but the figures seemed okay with some issues. The line generally appears to have been mishandled. Had a lot of potential but didn't go far enough.

10) in your opinion, is there such thing as Trek vs Trek where one series competes with another.
There are some people that see it that way, as with any fandom. I think it's okay to like just one part of the entire series, or all of it. Everyone is different.

11) your top 3 Trek series of any?
1. TNG
2. DS9
3. First Contact
Honorable Mention: Lower Decks, which is excellent and understands Star Trek better than Discovery or Picard.

11) if possible, please let me know your age group: - This should be #12
B) 26~35

You are the ?Next Generation? Trek fan! Thank you for your time. Lower Deck is fun to watch. A wise expansion of TNG Lower Deck episode.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1) Do you expect there will be 1/6 Star Trek TNG after QMx, and what do you expect from the future releases.

I definitely hope so!

2) Do you see yourself collecting the whole crew? Or just some specific characters? If specific characters, who are they in priorities.

Given lack of space, would prefer only more major characters like Riker, Worf, Data, and Q. But if the likenesses on Troi or Geordi are amazing I will probably buy those too.

No issue with it. I got over 20 figures on preorder at the moment.

4) do you expect to see a delivery date? What is the Acceptable turnaround time that you would expect from future 1/6 Star Trek TNG releases?

Ideally within 1 year

Q, Lore, Yesterday's Enterprise Tasha Yar, Tomalak

6) it is no doubt that the uniform used from S4 onward (S5 to be correct) were the Classic TNG era uniforms. What do you feel about 1/6 First Contact uniforms that had more military feel to it?

Would love to have at least Picard in his FC uniform.

Nostalgic, iconic, fun

Watchable, underwhelming, overly-padded

9) QMx's 1/6 Star Trek was released in 2017. In one short paragraph, describe how you feel about the experience.

I'm mostly happy with the releases we did get, but as I've said before I would have preferred a greater consistency in head sculpt quality.

10) in your opinion, is there such thing as Trek vs Trek where one series competes with another.

I suppose so, if people are passing on one Trek figure because they're waiting for one from a different Trek series instead.

TOS, DS9, TNG

11) if possible, please let me know your age group:
A) 16~25
B) 26~35
C) 36~45
D) 46~55
E) 56 and above

D (46)

I am running a DS-9 marathon right now. I used to call DS-9 ST Love Boat. I changed my mind now. Sisko must be one of the table turning wartime captains in Starfleet.

Last edited:
I didn't respond to your earlier survey, but this is much more my speed. Thanks!:

Hope so. Don't see why not, if they company making them has their act together.

Hard to say, its always an intersection of value for price. I wouldn't say no to the whole crew, but I'm not one of those people who says "my crew is incomplete! my collection is now worthless to me! time to sell it all off!". Honestly, I'd rather cherry-pick favorite characters from all throughout Trek, than try to complete a crew.

Totally fine with it. Since others have mentioned it, I'm one of those who prefers to pay in-full up-front; I hate keeping payment methods up to date at stores for something that will get charged a year+ later.

I'm good for up to 12 months. Its a little irritating for it to be longer. Less time is appreciated though.

Ensign Ro, Locutus, a Klingon. Maybe Q. Those are at least the ones I'd consider buying.

I appreciate having as many uniform variants as possible. There's appeal in having the crew in matching era uniforms, but it also makes for a less interesting visual. That said, I don't think myself or many other people would go too far in totally rebuying many characters just to get a different uniforms. It would be great to have deluxe versions with multiple uniform (maybe headsculpt?) options. Though it is a little hard to go S1/2 or movie uniforms on some characters without having a drastically different head too (Riker, Worf, Troi). Maybe a more reasonable added outfit would be a dress uniform or some other outfit worn in same seasons to the main outfit?

Inspiring, rational, episodic

Long-overdue, intriguing, uneven

I thought they put out a decent quality product, and I was really impressed by the earlier pricing. That said, I didn't really have an interest in shelling out for 60's TOS; I was holding out for movie era. So I didn't get them except for various parts for customs. Did pick up Picard and the captain's chair on clearance. The lack of progress at the end was really disappointing.

Probably, but not for me. As mentioned above, I'd rather pick up favorite characters/designs from all across the franchise. I'd love it for you to find a way to offer characters from different series simultaneously. If we have to wait for one series' "complete crew" before another series starts that won't work for a lot of fans.

TNG, DS9, TOS movies

12) if possible, please let me know your age group:
D) 46~55

I didn't respond to your earlier survey, but this is much more my speed. Thanks!:

Hope so. Don't see why not, if they company making them has their act together.

Hard to say, its always an intersection of value for price. I wouldn't say no to the whole crew, but I'm not one of those people who says "my crew is incomplete! my collection is now worthless to me! time to sell it all off!". Honestly, I'd rather cherry-pick favorite characters from all throughout Trek, than try to complete a crew.

Totally fine with it. Since others have mentioned it, I'm one of those who prefers to pay in-full up-front; I hate keeping payment methods up to date at stores for something that will get charged a year+ later.

I'm good for up to 12 months. Its a little irritating for it to be longer. Less time is appreciated though.

Ensign Ro, Locutus, a Klingon. Maybe Q. Those are at least the ones I'd consider buying.

I appreciate having as many uniform variants as possible. There's appeal in having the crew in matching era uniforms, but it also makes for a less interesting visual. That said, I don't think myself or many other people would go too far in totally rebuying many characters just to get a different uniforms. It would be great to have deluxe versions with multiple uniform (maybe headsculpt?) options. Though it is a little hard to go S1/2 or movie uniforms on some characters without having a drastically different head too (Riker, Worf, Troi). Maybe a more reasonable added outfit would be a dress uniform or some other outfit worn in same seasons to the main outfit?

Inspiring, rational, episodic

Long-overdue, intriguing, uneven

I thought they put out a decent quality product, and I was really impressed by the earlier pricing. That said, I didn't really have an interest in shelling out for 60's TOS; I was holding out for movie era. So I didn't get them except for various parts for customs. Did pick up Picard and the captain's chair on clearance. The lack of progress at the end was really disappointing.

Probably, but not for me. As mentioned above, I'd rather pick up favorite characters/designs from all across the franchise. I'd love it for you to find a way to offer characters from different series simultaneously. If we have to wait for one series' "complete crew" before another series starts that won't work for a lot of fans.

TNG, DS9, TOS movies

12) if possible, please let me know your age group:
D) 46~55

Thank you for your time. The previous survey that I did was for general Trek observation, this is very specific for those TNG Picard.

Answers in bold
Hello all,

Like to have some opinions:

I'd like to think so. The popularity of TNG is the closest of the other Trek shows to TOS. IF there are future releases, I'd expect them to be of similar (if not better) quality to what has come out before.

I currently have a Picard, but if I knew for certain that the entire bridge crew would be available (and possibly somehow a bridge) I'd most likely get them all. Data and Worf regardless of what else would be produced.

I've become more open to it. I usually like to see the figures first as promotional images and prototypes do not always reflect what the finished product looks like in my hands, but when discounts or exclusives come with the preorder option I'm more inclined to go that way.

I have no idea how long the process should take but there was a set of figures I preordered before that took over a year from then to delivery which had me a bit worried that it might not get fulfilled. Ideally, I'd like to see it under a year.

Q, O'Brien (which also starts as a jumping on point for DS9), Locutus, and a random borg.

They looked nice but when I think TNG it's not the movie uniforms that come to mind. If I had to choose a figure of the same character in either uniform, I'd go with the show version.

Clever, hopeful, characters

Disapointment, dark, dumb

I was excited to see some of my favorite characters come back in a new format and wondered what what else might be coming down the line in the future. Then that excitement faded. There was so much potential that just went away because of poor decision making (kind of like how I felt watching Star Trek Picard).

People will always have a preference. I remember debates with friends over which character or series was better than the other, so I wouldn't say that there is something of a rivalry between Trek shows. More now with the Kurtzman shows vs the classics.

TOS, TNG, then a tie between DS9 (Worf and Defiant era) and Voyager (when 7 of 9 arrives).

A) 16~25
B) 26~35
C) 36~45
D) 46~55
E) 56 and above

Thank you for your kind attention, and really appreciate the responses.

Nanjin

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

I'm in that bracket and the TOS films are what got me started on this rollercoaster. The Voyage Home on Vhs [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Here are my answers:

- I hope so. I would want to fill-out the main crew and some aliens (even generic ones).

- I would purchase the whole crew if the quality stays high (which I'm sure of). Data and Worf would be highest on my want list. Then Riker, Troi, LaForge, Crusher (Dr., not Wesley), Tasha. Ensign Ro.

- I don't mind pre-ordering if the delivery timeframe is accurate. Also, NRD has to be relatively low. Payment plans could also work.

- An expected date would be good. Is it 3 months down the road? Or three years?

- Klingons, Romulans, Ferrengi, Ensign Ro, Tasha's sister, Q

- I love the First Contact movie uniforms. I don't like the seasons 1-2 uniforms. Picard may need his away jacket.

- a
- worthy
- sequel

- could've
- been
- better

- I have purchased all the figures and the chair. I have been very happy. The bodies were not the most representative of the characters, but I understand the price point. I wish everyone could have gotten everything put up for preorder (Sulu and Scotty). I wish we could have gotten all the wonderful figures shown at the various shows. It was a wonderful experience, but tempered by what could have been (even better).

- not for me. I worship TOS. I really like TNG and DS9. I watched VOY and ENT. I try to watch DISCO, but it's difficult.
- I would buy figures from the Kelvin movies (I have bought custom figures)

- TOS
- TNG
- DS9

- I am in the oldest group. Ha!
E) 56 and above

Here are my answers:

- I hope so. I would want to fill-out the main crew and some aliens (even generic ones).

- I would purchase the whole crew if the quality stays high (which I'm sure of). Data and Worf would be highest on my want list. Then Riker, Troi, LaForge, Crusher (Dr., not Wesley), Tasha. Ensign Ro.

- I don't mind pre-ordering if the delivery timeframe is accurate. Also, NRD has to be relatively low. Payment plans could also work.

- An expected date would be good. Is it 3 months down the road? Or three years?

- Klingons, Romulans, Ferrengi, Ensign Ro, Tasha's sister, Q

- I love the First Contact movie uniforms. I don't like the seasons 1-2 uniforms. Picard may need his away jacket.

- a
- worthy
- sequel

- could've
- been
- better

- I have purchased all the figures and the chair. I have been very happy. The bodies were not the most representative of the characters, but I understand the price point. I wish everyone could have gotten everything put up for preorder (Sulu and Scotty). I wish we could have gotten all the wonderful figures shown at the various shows. It was a wonderful experience, but tempered by what could have been (even better).

- not for me. I worship TOS. I really like TNG and DS9. I watched VOY and ENT. I try to watch DISCO, but it's difficult.
- I would buy figures from the Kelvin movies (I have bought custom figures)

- TOS
- TNG
- DS9

- I am in the oldest group. Ha!
E) 56 and above

Thank you for your support. I am also an OG Trek dude in the E category

hwmTj1E.jpg

With the popularity of TNG being closest to the TOS I'd like to think so. I would hope the quality is on par at least.

Most likely all of it, main crew is the priority for me.

I'm fine with it as long as it is a deposit or monthly / quarterly payment plan, rather then all up front.

I'd like to see it within a year if possible.

Q, Locutus, a Borg, O'Brian, a Klingon, a Romulan, Gowron.

They were neat, but I prefer the series uniforms. I do like the Generations design too.

Exciting, timeless, dialog.

Disappointed, embarrassing, Confused.

I was really happy to see Trek getting some 1/6 attention and was totally onboard.

Everyone will have a preference. I'd say maybe Enterprise tried to complete.

TNG, DS9, Voyager.

A) 16~25
B) 26~35
C) 36~45
D) 46~55
E) 56 and above

B

With the popularity of TNG being closest to the TOS I'd like to think so. I would hope the quality is on par at least.

Most likely all of it, main crew is the priority for me.

I'm fine with it as long as it is a deposit or monthly / quarterly payment plan, rather then all up front.

I'd like to see it within a year if possible.

Q, Locutus, a Borg, O'Brian, a Klingon, a Romulan, Gowron.

They were neat, but I prefer the series uniforms. I do like the Generations design too.

Exciting, timeless, dialog.

Disappointed, embarrassing, Confused.

I was really happy to see Trek getting some 1/6 attention and was totally onboard.

Everyone will have a preference. I'd say maybe Enterprise tried to complete.

TNG, DS9, Voyager.

A) 16~25
B) 26~35
C) 36~45
D) 46~55
E) 56 and above

B

Thank you for your input. You are in the next-next generation of trek fans age group!

Hi Nanjin
We need Uhura, Chekhov, Gorn be nice. And Vina would be good too.
Data, Queen Borg, Worf, Riker, Gordi and Diana.
All the Capitanos too
Over 50 club
I still have your Starbucks waiting
Thanks for your efforts
Carl D
Also extra uniforms would be a plus

My replies:

Hello all,

-I'm doubtful. 1/6th Star Trek seems to be dead with QMx.

-I would definitely get the whole crew. Priority, in order would be: Riker, Data, Troi, Worf, Geordi, Dr. Crusher

-I'm OK with pre-ordering.

-I would like to see deliver within 6 months of the pre-order. Around 2-3 figures a year would be a good pace, IMO.

-Not too big on the aliens

-I prefer the S5 uniforms over the movie uniforms

-Trek, sleek, hopeful

-Change of pace

-Started off strong, good likenesses, top-notch uniforms and accessories. The delivery of subsequent figures after Kirk and Spock was slow, spotty and then trickled to a stop. Very disappointing after such a great start.

-Not for me. I am primarily a TOS fan as well as a TNG fan. Other series and movies are of less interest but I don't begrudge anyone there likes and dislikes.

-TOS, TNG, DS9

E) 56 and above

Tom

Nanjin

My replies:

Hello all,

-I'm doubtful. 1/6th Star Trek seems to be dead with QMx.

-I would definitely get the whole crew. Priority, in order would be: Riker, Data, Troi, Worf, Geordi, Dr. Crusher

-I'm OK with pre-ordering.

-I would like to see deliver within 6 months of the pre-order. Around 2-3 figures a year would be a good pace, IMO.

-Not too big on the aliens

-I prefer the S5 uniforms over the movie uniforms

-Trek, sleek, hopeful

-Change of pace

-Started off strong, good likenesses, top-notch uniforms and accessories. The delivery of subsequent figures after Kirk and Spock was slow, spotty and then trickled to a stop. Very disappointing after such a great start.

-Not for me. I am primarily a TOS fan as well as a TNG fan. Other series and movies are of less interest but I don't begrudge anyone there likes and dislikes.

-TOS, TNG, DS9

E) 56 and above

Tom

Nanjin
We survived the Saturday Night Fever era. We are the Original Star Trek Fans, the OGs. Thank you for your input.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

Hello all,

Yes, unclear on whether it will be sooner or later, but with such a large franchise, the license will inevitably be picked up by another company. I would expect a new company would likely start with TNG.

For TNG, specific characters: Data, Worf from the main crew. New Picard or at least a new uniform for him.

I don't love it. I haven't had bad pre-ordering experiences except with QMx products that are still outstanding, but i think POs are odd in general, since for other consumer products you pay when the product is ready. However, POs are pretty standard in this hobby, and they can be helpful to gauge how much interest there is for production run numbers for 1/6 figures. I have no problem putting in a pre-order so that numbers can be gauged for production, but but I prefer not to pay in full in advance because you never know when a product won't actually be fulfilled.

Yes. I don't think the turnaround should be more than 9 months after the product is announced and ideally 3-6 months if pre-ordering.

Q, for sure.
Guinan absolutely.
Maybe Gowron. I like him but realistically I don't think there would be enough support to do a figure.
Quark technically counts for TNG, and I'd definitely buy him.
Maybe Wesley (yea i said it).

I like them but the classic TNG uniforms are the iconic look. I definitely think there is a possibility that one could spread oneself too thin by trying to do too much. Focusing on the staples (people and uniforms) in a new line seems like the best way forward.

iconic
nostalgia
hopeful

gritty
dark
despair

I liked the figures, although there were some production flaws (e.g. staining). But I am exasperated by QMx.

Yes, most people have finite financial resources for hobbies and there are so many series in this franchise.

TOS
TNG
DS9

And i know its not a series but I'd probably put TWOK at the head of that list if it qualified.

A) 16~25
B) 26~35
C) 36~45
D) 46~55
E) 56 and above

C

Yes, unclear on whether it will be sooner or later, but with such a large franchise, the license will inevitably be picked up by another company. I would expect a new company would likely start with TNG.

For TNG, specific characters: Data, Worf from the main crew. New Picard or at least a new uniform for him.

I don't love it. I haven't had bad pre-ordering experiences except with QMx products that are still outstanding, but i think POs are odd in general, since for other consumer products you pay when the product is ready. However, POs are pretty standard in this hobby, and they can be helpful to gauge how much interest there is for production run numbers for 1/6 figures. I have no problem putting in a pre-order so that numbers can be gauged for production, but but I prefer not to pay in full in advance because you never know when a product won't actually be fulfilled.

Yes. I don't think the turnaround should be more than 9 months after the product is announced and ideally 3-6 months if pre-ordering.

Q, for sure.
Guinan absolutely.
Maybe Gowron. I like him but realistically I don't think there would be enough support to do a figure.
Quark technically counts for TNG, and I'd definitely buy him.
Maybe Wesley (yea i said it).

I like them but the classic TNG uniforms are the iconic look. I definitely think there is a possibility that one could spread oneself too thin by trying to do too much. Focusing on the staples (people and uniforms) in a new line seems like the best way forward.

iconic
nostalgia
hopeful

gritty
dark
despair

I liked the figures, although there were some production flaws (e.g. staining). But I am exasperated by QMx.

Yes, most people have finite financial resources for hobbies and there are so many series in this franchise.

TOS
TNG
DS9

And i know its not a series but I'd probably put TWOK at the head of that list if it qualified.

C

Thank you for your comments. Really appreciate the time spent.

Back