Prime 1 Big Game Jungle Hunter Predator 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, yes I did order direct from Prime 1 Studio and I am waiting for a replay. Here is a link to the unlisted video I sent them. Please let me know if I sound too whiny or maybe the video doesn't show the issue clearly, idk but yes I am angry. I do feel it's so obvious a defect I can't see them trying to burn me. That is the only thing that could really set me off is if they do not replace them and instead refund a few hundred. That would be unacceptable to me. Look at the video, and please come back here to reply so I get input. Here, enjoy my pain lol it is gutting

Bro I am speechless, I totally get what you mean now. I see it boiling up to the top like bubbles or something. How odd. Wtf is that. How can they be okay sending you that. I would not only give you two new heads but I would be giving you a huge refund, to give you some peace of mind. So, they can get you some loyalty in Prime one. As a first statue in them I would be highly pist. I was mad with my first Prime one statue too. I got the heath half scale. I immediately repainted the head myself. Looks ten times better than they did it. I mean it wasn't even hard. But then saw the alien 3 dog alien and wow. Like night and day. Then this is my third statue with prime one. I love it, but if I received that I would be so angry. I would be polite but really tell them your frustrations. That video, you sounded dead on. So, I wouldn't worry. You nailed it. So, hand in there man. Sucks cuz if you got a good statue added some gloss, you would be loving it. I mean the presence alone, I still just stare. Anyways, please keep us all in the loop. I really want to know what happens. I mean with mine I had issues, minor, very minor. Like a tree broke and the arm tube was a clean break. I didn't even contact them because it was a clean break and it glued easy, it stayed with out the glue. But still didn't make me happy. Anyways, have a good night and I am hoping for the best dawg.

That's a great idea, I'll be doing that. Strength in numbers. In fact I'd also be asking them to gloss it, just like they did with their prototype, even if only a little, not only does it look much better, but ensures no flaking will occur.
Ya I have that one on order too. I caved in got the good one on waitlist. I just made it LOL. Damn prime one, there dog alien was amazing I love that statue, so if the predator is going to be like that, no cutting corners and ****. Then I will be stoked. I need to sell somethings. I have to much. TO much is never good. I live in a 785 sqft museum with two english bull dogs. Wondering why all these boxes keep coming in this condo lol! I see great gloss on the 1/3rd so I hope they intend on using it and maybe over using it LOL!!!

Side note, I checked one of my unmasked heads after Ronny's video much more closely, and this issue appears on mine in more places than I thought. Its not too bad and only really noticeable when you look really close, but it's there. Its disappointing, but I'm willing to bet most of these will have that problem to some extent if you look really closely.
I am very worried a lot of ppl will notice this problem! Just please look yours over, the problem appears to be decals that don't lay inside deep sculpt work instead they hang over it, and one day when you're switching heads, that **** will come off. Check now! While it's still in stock! Look at this ********, I just wanted the closed mouth displayed while I'm working tonight!

Attachments

• 20210820_233822.mp4
    17.4 MB
Bro I am speechless, I totally get what you mean now. I see it boiling up to the top like bubbles or something. How odd. Wtf is that. How can they be okay sending you that. I would not only give you two new heads but I would be giving you a huge refund, to give you some peace of mind. So, they can get you some loyalty in Prime one. As a first statue in them I would be highly pist. I was mad with my first Prime one statue too. I got the heath half scale. I immediately repainted the head myself. Looks ten times better than they did it. I mean it wasn't even hard. But then saw the alien 3 dog alien and wow. Like night and day. Then this is my third statue with prime one. I love it, but if I received that I would be so angry. I would be polite but really tell them your frustrations. That video, you sounded dead on. So, I wouldn't worry. You nailed it. So, hand in there man. Sucks cuz if you got a good statue added some gloss, you would be loving it. I mean the presence alone, I still just stare. Anyways, please keep us all in the loop. I really want to know what happens. I mean with mine I had issues, minor, very minor. Like a tree broke and the arm tube was a clean break. I didn't even contact them because it was a clean break and it glued easy, it stayed with out the glue. But still didn't make me happy. Anyways, have a good night and I am hoping for the best dawg.
Thanks bud! Will do, I blew some lint off one and paint came off, I touched the other and paint came off. This is definitely one that slipped passed QC somehow but I did gloss the hands and Holy **** gloss really does make it pop in person! So much life it adds

Better pic from clip, I'm gutted. Haha hoping to wake up to a good reply from prime.

Attachments

• 20210820_233905.jpg
    20210820_233905.jpg
    299.7 KB · Views: 51
WHO SAID THE BLADES WERE METAL?!?! Lol, I think I heard that in every review but they aren't, the got some weight to them but magnets don't stick to em. Anyone know what they're actually made from?

Better pic from clip, I'm gutted. Haha hoping to wake up to a good reply from prime.
Oh damn, ya once you get two replacements put gloss on it. Very light transparent. Well you have it and done it already, so you know how to do it. So, Damn we are all just hoping for the best for you and whomever this would happen too. I am still in shock that this crap went out. I mean, honestly if that was my company I would give that to you for free refund you and send you two heads. Im sorry, that's just me. I would want your desire to buy from us again. Make up for the loss of time and what you received was just something no one should get for two grand. So, anyways, that is why I am so anxious to hear back from p1 then you. SO, its like a reality show right now, with a cliff hanger. We need that happy ending LOL!!! We better get it.

Ya I have that one on order too. I caved in got the good one on waitlist. I just made it LOL. Damn prime one, there dog alien was amazing I love that statue, so if the predator is going to be like that, no cutting corners and ****. Then I will be stoked. I need to sell somethings. I have to much. TO much is never good. I live in a 785 sqft museum with two english bull dogs. Wondering why all these boxes keep coming in this condo lol! I see great gloss on the 1/3rd so I hope they intend on using it and maybe over using it LOL!!!
LOL good timing. Agree the dog alien is awesome. Prime 1 have the capability to nail it if they choose to.

I just fired off a nice polite 300 word email attentioned to the management, development and production teams expressing the concerns from the collector community and strongly recommended the 1/3 production piece be done thoroughly and properly and also to be glossed with at least one minimum transparent coating as this will make the statue look better AND afford added protection to the decal, paints and stencils. Saves Prime 1 a bucket load of money down the track and heart aches that collectors have to go through defective pieces, a win win situation for all. I further stated we like to support them and their products because we believe they can deliver them if they choose to do so and do not want to be forced into a scenario of cancelling our POs (which we will be prepared to lose $300 to $400 deposit) and will do so in the hundreds if the situation calls for it as there is no way collectors are going to risk 4-5k for a product with paint durability concerns.

I am very worried a lot of ppl will notice this problem! Just please look yours over, the problem appears to be decals that don't lay inside deep sculpt work instead they hang over it, and one day when you're switching heads, that **** will come off. Check now! While it's still in stock! Look at this ********, I just wanted the closed mouth displayed while I'm working tonight!
Just an FYI, I rectified the spots on mine by heating with a hair dryer for a minute to soften the paint/decal, then gently pushed on it with my finger to push it into the grooves of the sculpt. It didnt crack or anthing.

LOL good timing. Agree the dog alien is awesome. Prime 1 have the capability to nail it if they choose to.

I just fired off a nice polite 300 word email attentioned to the management, development and production teams expressing the concerns from the collector community and strongly recommended the 1/3 production piece be done thoroughly and properly and also to be glossed with at least one minimum transparent coating as this will make the statue look better AND afford added protection to the decal, paints and stencils. Saves Prime 1 a bucket load of money down the track and heart aches that collectors have to go through defective pieces, a win win situation for all. I further stated we like to support them and their products because we believe they can deliver them if they choose to do so and do not want to be forced into a scenario of cancelling our POs (which we will be prepared to lose $300 to $400 deposit) and will do so in the hundreds if the situation calls for it as there is no way collectors are going to risk 4-5k for a product with paint durability concerns.
Good! That needs to be done. I am ordering that one as well. If that is crap. Oh man I can imagine the amount of angry people there will be.

Just an FYI, I rectified the spots on mine by heating with a hair dryer for a minute to soften the paint/decal, then gently pushed on it with my finger to push it into the grooves of the sculpt. It didnt crack or anthing.
Mine is definitely too far gone for that but Glad you were able resolve that, it was just the one spot?

Mine is definitely too far gone for that but Glad you were able resolve that, it was just the one spot?
It was actually in a few. I never really paid much attention until your video, so I looked over mine afterwards and noticed in a few spots it was sloppy, kind of like what you described where the decal wasn't fully adhered into the grooves and was kind of just floating above the sculpt.

I just looked over the entire sculpt and wherever I could see it, I would heat it up with a hairdryer and then press down.

In some spots it looks poorly applied, kind of like the decal never fully applied and some was removed, so I'll need to touch those up with some black paint. Again, I never noticed until I saw your video lol.

All in all its not too bad and I'm glad it's minor stuff that I can rectify with a small brush and some black paint, but I would be pretty devastated if the whole head was beyond repair. Hopefully Prime 1 can rectify for you.

I'm tempted to add gloss to mine once I finish touching it up.

It was actually in a few. I never really paid much attention until your video, so I looked over mine afterwards and noticed in a few spots it was sloppy, kind of like what you described where the decal wasn't fully adhered into the grooves and was kind of just floating above the sculpt.

I just looked over the entire sculpt and wherever I could see it, I would heat it up with a hairdryer and then press down.

In some spots it looks poorly applied, kind of like the decal never fully applied and some was removed, so I'll need to touch those up with some black paint. Again, I never noticed until I saw your video lol.

All in all its not too bad and I'm glad it's minor stuff that I can rectify with a small brush and some black paint, but I would be pretty devastated if the whole head was beyond repair. Hopefully Prime 1 can rectify for you.

Honestly bud, put gloss on it. I'm telling ya, I'm not a professional painter but from my experience the heat trick is only temporary. A gloss sealer will lock it all in. I haven't decided which gloss I'm using but I tested super glossy mod podge on the one hand and omg, it's glorious. Haha.

I wonder if the 1/4 CH and 1/4 Fugitive Pred will have the same problem (even if only minor) as there made by similar methods. Or did they rush this one, hence a few turned out defective?

You should be doing this on a $2,000 statue?!

That sucks Ronny and I feel your pain. Hope they get this sorted for you quickly.

Chances are most of these have the same issue but not as bad or noticable. Over time they will get worse and you will be out of the 30 day 'check it over' period and have flaking decals everywhere. This is not acceptable! Tiny decal on eyeballs with a gloss coating? Yes. Huge decals for the patterning on an entire statue? No.
If the 1:3 is covered in stickers I will cancel no matter how good it looks. I want my £3K statue to be PAINTED and last more than a year.

You're right, shouldn't have to, but what can you do. It is what it is. Only other option is to return for a refund.

For what it's worth though, they're all made like this. The fugitive uses decals too, and even Sideshows most recent Maquettes used decals.

The decals will last though, I wouldn't worry about that. I'm not entirely sure how these are done or what the decals are actually like, but I've seen this same method on several sideshow pieces in the past.

I'm pretty sure this piece has a sealer on it, as decals wouldn't be able to crack and chip like they did on Ronnie's, unless it's not really a decal and some type of computer painted technique where it sort of 'prints' the pattern onto the statue, if that makes sense.

I'm willing to bet the 1:3 Will be done the same way. No way they are going to hand paint all those.

Honestly bud, put gloss on it. I'm telling ya, I'm not a professional painter but from my experience the heat trick is only temporary. A gloss sealer will lock it all in. I haven't decided which gloss I'm using but I tested super glossy mod podge on the one hand and omg, it's glorious. Haha.
I'm pretty sure these have a sealer on them hence why yours was cracking and flaking. Wouldn't make sense for a decal to do that...it reacted the way paint would.

Honestly I've been pretty rough with my heads, I constantly take them on and off and swap them around and it's never flaked. I do want to add gloss for the loom though, just don't know what type to use.

Wow all this talk has me concerned about the 1/3. At 3k they should not be using stickers. They shouldn't be using stickers at 1.5k either:mad:

I hope they do the right thing and replace for you. I'm surprised to be seeing crap like this after watching how serious Prime 1 tries to appear when doing those recent update videos on the 1/3 improving even the slightest issues. What good is it to get that serious about detail when you put stickers on the head instead of paint and they flake off?

Back