Prime 1 Big Game Jungle Hunter Predator 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope they do the right thing and replace for you. I'm surprised to be seeing crap like this after watching how serious Prime 1 tries to appear when doing those recent update videos on the 1/3 improving even the slightest issues. What good is it to get that serious about detail when you put stickers on the head instead of paint and they flake off?
Honestly I understand got one that's just defected and a lot worse than others, just sliding your finger across the skin will remove paint chips but I am now all around super suspect and disappointed in prime 1 studio altogether. There was hundreds of paint beads in my box, my statue was dusty as hell, like it has been painted a year ago and sat on a shelf getting production dust all over it because it's not easy to wipe off and some discolored the skin, the but cloth etc and some won't wipe off. I will review it after Prime 1 replaces the heads at the very least but I want to keep this conversation alive in a review because if it's just a good process that was poorly applied, then maybe pressure from us will get prime to give extra focus on the 1/3.

Wow all this talk has me concerned about the 1/3. At 3k they should not be using stickers. They shouldn't be using stickers at 1.5k either:mad:
I am equally concerned about the 1/3. I'm not a "rotating collector" where they keep a statue a few years, and sell for new, differnt, fresh ones. I want an ultimate Predator 87 piece permanently in the collection. I've lost a little faith in prime 1 as far as complex predator statues. I'm gonna keep an eye on what's released, because if the 1/3 isn't close to the prototype I'm filing a claim. We will not get the best product if we don't always demand it. The lack of competition works against us as collectors.

Yeeesh, that's a really bad example, hope they send new parts for you. I just dealt with their CS to get a new mask for my Ciy hunter, they were actually pretty good to deal with. They make all new parts for you I believe, so it took a couple of weeks. But once it was ready, it arrived within days.

Regarding the decals, any modeller with any kind of care about the project they are working on will use a decal softener, something like Microsol and Microset (one applied before, one after) These are what allow the decals to fall into place inside all of the grooves etc and look more like paint. When you first apply it, the decal goes all scrunched up and looks ruined, some of yours looks like it hasn't been applied properly, or hasn't been given enough time to work before being boxed up. Other parts look like it hasn't been used at all.

I get why they'd choose to use decals, but on statues this expensive, you'd think they could find the time to just airbrush the spots etc on, I'll be more than disappointed if I spend $5k on the 1/3 JH and it arrives with poorly applied decals, that thing is more than big enough to paint more easily. Obviously that requires a certain skill, but the production facilities should have such skilled staff on the payroll tbh, it's their jobs after all....

I am equally concerned about the 1/3. I'm not a "rotating collector" where they keep a statue a few years, and sell for new, differnt, fresh ones. I want an ultimate Predator 87 piece permanently in the collection. I've lost a little faith in prime 1 as far as complex predator statues. I'm gonna keep an eye on what's released, because if the 1/3 isn't close to the prototype I'm filing a claim. We will not get the best product if we don't always demand it. The lack of competition works against us as collectors.
then maybe pressure from us will get prime to give extfocus on the 1/3.

I agree with everyone that brought up the 1/3. I do think this will be the same process on the 1/3. If the application comes out looking like Ronny's it's not going to be good for collectors or Prime 1. I really don't want to repaint 2 unmasked heads and the bust.

The Statue Forum gang seems to email Prime 1 for every little thing with good results. Has anyone emailed Prime 1 about this? maybe we can someone can bring up the subpar sticker application of this piece in the 1/3 thread to see if we can get some results. I would do it myself, but i've been banned form that place for a good 10+ years.

Ronny, are you going to post you video and situation in the Prime 1 Facebook group. i've seen you post there a lot before. I think only good can come out of it, at least for the 1/3.

Ronny, are you going to post you video and situation in the Prime 1 Facebook group. i've seen you post there a lot before. I think only good can come out of it, at least for the 1/3.
Yeah, this would be worth doing. Hopefully the mods won't take it down, given that this is a new problem.

Thanks Ronny Haze for all your efforts making this video despite being heartbroken with this defected statue. This is so bad it's clear as a day it's a full replacement. Honestly looking ahead with a great deal of caution for the 1/3 scale Predator rollouts. I have seen collectors praising special efforts and extra care for details for the upcoming 3K+ 1/3 release and I sure hope that is the case. But having a friend that replaced his old Audi A8 with 550.000 kilometers under it's belt ( still working as a charm ) and bought a brand new 170.000 euros Audi A8 and it's engine literally disintegrated with only 40.000 miles or 65.000 kilometers on the clock I am afraid no matter what the price tag is no products nowadays are immune to the Made in China syndrome. Fingers crossed that I am wrong...

I agree with everyone that brought up the 1/3. I do think this will be the same process on the 1/3. If the application comes out looking like Ronny's it's not going to be good for collectors or Prime 1. I really don't want to repaint 2 unmasked heads and the bust.

The Statue Forum gang seems to email Prime 1 for every little thing with good results. Has anyone emailed Prime 1 about this? maybe we can someone can bring up the subpar sticker application of this piece in the 1/3 thread to see if we can get some results. I would do it myself, but i've been banned form that place for a good 10+ years.

I wanted to but thought it would be taken down because recently there was a post asking not to?

My issue with decals are the deception. If they know they will use a decal method then The prototype should have been made with decals. We can love pieces we get but demand improvement. The big game cover is an amazing piece, it's just not at all the skin type the showed us. Not even close.

Yes I do plan to follow up with video reviews on my channel and Facebook group if it's not removed but I want to include primes response. Sotgotta wait until the weekend is over.

So the lesson is… If you are happy with your paint apps don’t pick your heads up and examine them..

I did and dropped the head on the open moth and broke the bottom right mandible :(

broke in two pieces… Right where the mandible is originally attached and another small piece. glued it together and it’s fine overall.. I can see the seem where it originally was glued as some paint chipped around there.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Oh
So the lesson is… If you are happy with your paint apps don’t pick your heads up and examine them..

I did and dropped the head on the open moth and broke the bottom right mandible :(

broke in two pieces… Right where the mandible is originally attached and another small piece. glued it together and it’s fine overall.. I can see the seem where it originally was glued as some paint chipped around there.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr
Oh damn! Sorry to hear that man. I guess it's lucky it didn't shatter, where's the crack? Maybe if prime asks me to smash this one I can try to salvage the mandible but be warned. It's got creme paint over spray on them. Unless they're supposed to look like that. My closed mouth isn't like that. It's clean

Attachments

• 20210821_205200.jpg
    20210821_205200.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 20210821_205122.jpg
    20210821_205122.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 60
Also I posted in the Facebook group but it hasn't been approved yet, so if it doesn't I'll just toss some of the extra pics here if it's not approved. Just asked if anyone is having any issues too.

Attachments

• 20210821_204518.jpg
    20210821_204518.jpg
    386.8 KB · Views: 63
  • 20210821_204659.jpg
    20210821_204659.jpg
    343.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 20210821_204427.jpg
    20210821_204427.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 61
  • 20210821_204653.jpg
    20210821_204653.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 62
  • 20210821_204625.jpg
    20210821_204625.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 20210821_204632.jpg
    20210821_204632.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 58
Oh

Oh damn! Sorry to hear that man. I guess it's lucky it didn't shatter, where's the crack? Maybe if prime asks me to smash this one I can try to salvage the mandible but be warned. It's got creme paint over spray on them. Unless they're supposed to look like that. My closed mouth isn't like that. It's clean
No worries.
It glued on fine… just a little seem… I’m gonna try and mix some paint and match.

Not gonna lie. The fact I am getting the 1/3 helped dull the pain lol

Still not happy but I think I can get it looking good.

Can't even notice the repair. Good job JAWS...and sorry this happened.

FYI, upon further inspection, my open mouth head is actually worse than I thought after seeing it in daylight. Actually got bits flaking off mine. I'm not comfortable with it and will be shooting off an email to Prime 1 shortly, as this shouldn't be happening on such an expensive piece.

Thanks Ronny for bringing this to our attention, I likely would have missed it if it wasn't for your video as I don't use the open mouth head much and didn't give it a proper look in daylight.

Honestly I understand got one that's just defected and a lot worse than others, just sliding your finger across the skin will remove paint chips but I am now all around super suspect and disappointed in prime 1 studio altogether. There was hundreds of paint beads in my box, my statue was dusty as hell, like it has been painted a year ago and sat on a shelf getting production dust all over it because it's not easy to wipe off and some discolored the skin, the but cloth etc and some won't wipe off. I will review it after Prime 1 replaces the heads at the very least but I want to keep this conversation alive in a review because if it's just a good process that was poorly applied, then maybe pressure from us will get prime to give extra focus on the 1/3.
Do your heads have a wet look at all?
Mine do. If yours don’t I wonder if that gloss acts as a sealant.

it’s so strange that you have three heads that don’t that and I don’t seem to have any issues.

I really hope P1 makes this right for you.

Back