Predators - 1/6th scale Classic Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just remember though: HT could potentially do a JH 2.0. Classic’s current value I think comes from the fact that people are getting him to use as a stand in for JH. So if you get him and convert him to a JH, and HT eventually ends up doing a JH 2.0 and you want to sell your Classic in favor of that, I don’t think you’ll get back what you paid for him because I think his value will go down a bit. The value of MMS90 I think would remain steady, just based on the fact that it’s the first classic JH figure.

It might be worth just getting an already JH equipped MMS90, and then if HT does a JH 2.0, simply sell him. Again, this is presuming that will be the only Predator figure you have.

But like you said, if you’re adamant you want the bio-mask on, then go Classic. MMS90 in my opinion doesn’t look good at all with the bio-mask on unless you heavily mod it.

Just remember though: HT could potentially do a JH 2.0. Classic’s current value I think comes from the fact that people are getting him to use as a stand in for JH. So if you get him and convert him to a JH, and HT eventually ends up doing a JH 2.0 and you want to sell your Classic in favor of that, I don’t think you’ll get back what you paid for him because I think his value will go down a bit. The value of MMS90 I think would remain steady, just based on the fact that it’s the first classic JH figure.

It might be worth just getting an already JH equipped MMS90, and then if HT does a JH 2.0, simply sell him. Again, this is presuming that will be the only Predator figure you have.

But like you said, if you’re adamant you want the bio-mask on, then go Classic. MMS90 in my opinion doesn’t look good at all with the bio-mask on unless you heavily mod it.

Yeah it's a tough one, HT do like their 2.0's. It's been so long though, you really think that they have an interest in the Predator franchise? I think with Endgame coming up there's going to be a ton of focus on Marvel figures for the next year and a half at least. :/

Oh of course. It probably won’t happen in the immediate future, but I’m starting to err on the side that they’ll do a JH 2.0.....eventually. Even with MMS90, they did a myriad of other Predator figures first before they did the marquee one. It could be a case right now they’re 2.0ing all the other ones first, then saving the main one for last. They just did Wolf 2.0, so that shows they still are doing them, albeit slowly.

I don’t think they’re in a hurry to do JH because they know the people who want him today, will still be the same people who want him tomorrow. There’s no time window with him. With MCU figures, they have to make them while interest is at its peak.

I just modded my ol’ Classic Pred with gears from even older MMS90 (chest armor included). Looks good so far IMO unless you remove his mask.

Thing is, Classic looks 100x better with mask on BUT MMS90 head is way more accurate. THEN again, MMS90’s dreads look terribad you think of Sonic the Hedgehog instead of Pred. You can’t have the best from both worlds, unlike CH with old BD ver head.

I still want HT to actually make JH 2.0 though.

Has anybody made a photo comparison between mms90 body armour and the classic one?
Has anybody actually put mms90 armour on a classic? Will it even fit?
Thanks,
m.

Has anybody made a photo comparison between mms90 body armour and the classic one?
Has anybody actually put mms90 armour on a classic? Will it even fit?
Thanks,
m.

i did put old body armor on new body. didn't like it in the end (it was way too small, looking bad) and stuck with new armor (plus old backpack) and body and old head.
i think i also gave him old groin armor and left shoulder guard (the upper one together with the lower one that classic is missing) but that's irrelevant to your question.
i can email you a bunch of old photos not to flood this thread with them because they aren't very informative or interesting.

Everything is Classic’s except : bone trophies, necklace, body armor, upper left arm armor, ropes on elbows, both hands, small pouch and the base. Not the best but I’m OK with it. 27F4CFE4-6832-4C3E-9A04-C8FBBD77C3D6.jpg

And maybe HT will finally make JH 2.0 after Avengers Endgame. One can hope...

i can email you a bunch of old photos not to flood this thread with them because they aren't very informative or interesting.
Post them here, P. It's a resource, and someday, someone else will wonder what that would look like. Also, it's doesn't look uninteresting.

i'll just upload an archive indiscriminately then.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iYUtM5vGjK2qts7CBoYpydcPcEztzTLX

green-ish parts are from old predator. i remember rubbing green paint into my original predator's armor.
when you see a body armor too small and a bit green, it's an old one.
i ditched the idea because it looked bad.
but then i replaced the shoulder cannon/medpack segment completely, so it's now old backpack on a new armor.

Thanks!
m.

i did put old body armor on new body. didn't like it in the end (it was way too small, looking bad) and stuck with new armor (plus old backpack) and body and old head.
i think i also gave him old groin armor and left shoulder guard (the upper one together with the lower one that classic is missing) but that's irrelevant to your question.

Everything is Classic’s except : bone trophies, necklace, body armor, upper left arm armor, ropes on elbows, both hands, small pouch and the base. Not the best but I’m OK with it.View attachment 447847

And maybe HT will finally make JH 2.0 after Avengers Endgame. One can hope...

I think that looks really good. Is it basically an amalgamation of Classic and MMS90 parts then?

Yes. I basically swapped all parts that could. An exception are left gauntlet and leg armors since they’re not removable. However, chest armor won’t fit. You need to re-adjust the leather strap and slide the peg under body net to hold in place. The pouch was glued to the belt. All armors were dry brushed to appear darker.
This one ain’t that hard to mod. I kinda want to add more heights and reroot entire dreds on MMS90 head but that’s highly unlikely.

Jeez, after looking on eBay I'm slightly more tempted to wait for a possible JH 2.0. People want crazy money for him! Better prices from US, HK obviously but I'd get killed by the customs/Duty. :/

Jeez, after looking on eBay I'm slightly more tempted to wait for a possible JH 2.0. People want crazy money for him! Better prices from US, HK obviously but I'd get killed by the customs/Duty. :/

Lol. I bought Classic for $120. At that time on one was bidding.

hye guys not sure if this is the place to post this but just finished a custom predator and wanted to see what you all thought of it. I call it the Ghost Dancer predatorIMG_20190407_120548.jpg its my very first attempt at a custom predator.

Nice, that looks pretty neat. He almost more resembles that of a temple guard to me. What body and sculpt did you use for him?

Back