Predators - 1/6th scale Classic Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your theory is cool, but don't you think that HT's rationale might go "Classic = original 2.0, hence no use in doing original 2.0"? Again: I hope they will do 2.0. It is only that they let the 30th anniversary go by unnoticed (in 1/6 terms), and after the "all-time classic" that The Predator was, well... there is not much to expect, unfortunately... :-((((((

Yeap, I was asking about the big tree and all that wonderful stuff in the background. I guessed it might be aquarium stuff, but then, if it is, it has to be made of water-resistant plastic, doesn't it? And if it does... well... it is really well done! It looks like wood! Please enlighten me on this.

Thanks again,
m.

Only problem with the Classic = Original 2.0 is that its all kinds of wrong. Wrong skin color. Wrong armor color. Missing essential trophies and battle damage on the mask. Face is all wrong as far as sculpt and paint go. I know the classic is based off the original design but it's far from being the 87 Jungle Hunter.
If HT really is wanting to pretend that the Classic is the 87 then that's really sad. Pathetic. And lazy on their part.

And they aren't very good with keeping with anniversary dates so that doesn't really matter imo.

Yes the environment is all water resistant aquarium pieces. And the leaves are plastic leaves from hobby lobby. They work pretty great!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Something tells me a P1 v.2 isn't that far away.

They've done AVP, Predator 2 and now AVP Requiem redos and revealed a pending Fugitive predator.

They know a P1 v.2 is the one everyone's waiting for so they'll happily take their time with it (at our expense of course with the agonizing wait).

I think you can make a valid argument for both sides.

I’ve always erred more on the side that Classic was also meant to be a JH 2.0, and I base that on the fact that he included non-BD mask despite him never having a non-BD mask in the film. Sort of the way they combined Justice League Wonder Woman and Wonder Woman from the first film in one release by including the cloak that she wore in WW with JL WW, despite her never wearing the cloak in JL. I can’t really point to them not doing anything Predator related on the 30th anniversary as being evidence of no JH 2.0 on the horizon because as was already mentioned a couple of posts above, HT doesn’t always stick to anniversary dates with any franchise.

However, it’s also reasonable to presume they’re waiting to give the 2.0 treatment to JH as the grand finale. It’s not like they have a timetable with him, because the same people who want him now are going to be the same people who want him tomorrow. They can put him out whenever. Also, with the 1.0 figures, JH was one of the last ones to release there as well. They did all the AvP ones and a couple of versions of CH, then finally did JH with MMS90. So as said, it’s possible they’re giving the 2.0 treatment to all the other ones first again, then saving him for last.

...and revealed a pending Fugitive predator.

FP I think is pretty much kaput at this point. I personally would like to have him, but he is seemingly widely considered an unpopular design from an unpopular film. He’d most likely sell horribly, and HT probably knows that.

However, it’s also reasonable to presume they’re waiting to give the 2.0 treatment to JH as the grand finale. It’s not like they have a timetable with him, because the same people who want him now are going to be the same people who want him tomorrow. They can put him out whenever. Also, with the 1.0 figures, JH was one of the last ones to release there as well. They did all the AvP ones and a couple of versions of CH, then finally did JH with MMS90. So as said, it’s possible they’re giving the 2.0 treatment to all the other ones first again, then saving him for last.

This is my thoughts. Leave the best for last. For me it's not a question of when. More a question if they can finally get him right this time.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Guys, I would like to paint this guy's dread beads, as well as the Shadow one's. As you know (and can see from later images in this thread), the dreadlock beads in these figures fade away, eventually leaving just black beads. Can anyone recommend paint that will be durable? Looking for gold, copper and silver paints. Thanks

Guys, I would like to paint this guy's dread beads, as well as the Shadow one's. As you know (and can see from later images in this thread), the dreadlock beads in these figures fade away, eventually leaving just black beads. Can anyone recommend paint that will be durable? Looking for gold, copper and silver paints. Thanks
I'm interested in this as well. The paint will need to be something that doesn't affect the rubber material of the dreads either...

I was thinking maybe Games Workshop paint, but not sure if contact with the rubber won’t cause problems.

Only problem with the Classic = Original 2.0 is that its all kinds of wrong. Wrong skin color. Wrong armor color. Missing essential trophies and battle damage on the mask. Face is all wrong as far as sculpt and paint go. I know the classic is based off the original design but it's far from being the 87 Jungle Hunter.
If HT really is wanting to pretend that the Classic is the 87 then that's really sad. Pathetic. And lazy on their part.

And they aren't very good with keeping with anniversary dates so that doesn't really matter imo.

Yes the environment is all water resistant aquarium pieces. And the leaves are plastic leaves from hobby lobby. They work pretty great!

Thanks for the tips. I have actually had a look into that hobbylobby site, but damn, I can't find that huge tree root you have in the background. Exactly what hobbylobby item is it??

Well... I am clearly not that discerning! Glad that you are, though. I just thought the Classic was exactly like the JH, but w/o trophies...
Hope you right dude regarding HT being so forgetful...

Thanks,
m.

Thanks for the tips. I have actually had a look into that hobbylobby site, but damn, I can't find that huge tree root you have in the background. Exactly what hobbylobby item is it??

Well... I am clearly not that discerning! Glad that you are, though. I just thought the Classic was exactly like the JH, but w/o trophies...
Hope you right dude regarding HT being so forgetful...

Thanks,
m.
Oh sorry the big tree root was from a Pet Smart store. [emoji106][emoji106]

After some debate, I finally got around to get my first Predator figure. I'm so glad I did, this figure is absolutely amazing. I decided to mod the base a little by adding some artificial plants around stand. I'm happy with the way it turned out.

base mod.jpg

Damn right. Classic Predator is completely different that 1987 Predator. Even armor is different. Plasma caster, backpack etc. Everything is different.

:lecture

Predator is the last figure I need to complete my collection of 70s/80s figures. I'm really torn between gettin a Classic or a MS90? I'm not sure I like the elbow joints on the MS90 as they look a bit exposed/obvious. Does anyone have both Classic and MS90 and able to offer their opinion on which is best?

I have both. Classic is still displayed. MMS90, is not.

Classic has a much better body and size. The bio-mask is better, and the dreads are better (sans the faded gold paint in the beads). However, the skin pattern is apparently not correct for 87 JH.

MMS90 I think has better paint apps on the body armor and also the unmasked sculpt. However, the body is grossly undersized, the paint apps on the body I think are lackluster, the body net is brown instead of black, the elbow joints are too conspicuous, and having the bio-mask on makes it look like a bobble head.

In short, both have their pros and cons, but the main thing is the body on MMS90 makes it look a bit out of place when displayed with other, more recent Predators. If it’s the only Predator figure you’re going to have though, it can look good if you display it unmasked and pose it in such a way that hides the elbow joints, such as in a fighting/roaring pose.

I have both. Classic is still displayed. MMS90, is not.

Classic has a much better body and size. The bio-mask is better, and the dreads are better (sans the faded gold paint in the beads). However, the skin pattern is apparently not correct for 87 JH.

MMS90 I think has better paint apps on the body armor and also the unmasked sculpt. However, the body is grossly undersized, the paint apps on the body I think are lackluster, the body net is brown instead of black, the elbow joints are too conspicuous, and having the bio-mask on makes it look like a bobble head.

In short, both have their pros and cons, but the main thing is the body on MMS90 makes it look a bit out of place when displayed with other, more recent Predators. If it’s the only Predator figure you’re going to have though, it can look good if you display it unmasked and pose it in such a way that hides the elbow joints, such as in a fighting/roaring pose.

Hey, thanks for the advice! I think I'll end up getting the Classic as those elbow joints on the MS90 are just urgh and I'll always be displaying with the mask on. :)

Back