Post Your 1:1 Helmets and/or Props

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You put the fingers in the socket!
Vader... excellent choice! Who is it from?

But when I look at your avatar, I would have thought it would have been this first:

:wink1:

Got an autographed plaque to go with my helmet

a13777a0a5527d3b2a4740eedb14fd5f.jpg

You put the fingers in the socket!
Vader... excellent choice! Who is it from?

But when I look at your avatar, I would have thought it would have been this first:

It’s The Black Series Vader helmet that’s on the way. That 89 Bats cowl is cool but at the time they made it I had zero interest in those types of things plus it was really pricey. If I could pick one up now for Black Series prices I suspect I would. :D

Congrats on your new Brian Muir plaque, Darth Fok:clap I have one to accompany my ANH Vader.

I'm also glad to have a Boba Fett helmet back in my collection and awaiting the new stand to display it i managed to track down the awesome version Darthfok uses for his fett helmet.
Here's a temporary display i have at the moment.

IMG_20210523_000603_842.jpg

In the future, I wanna buy one of the Star Wars helmets. How much it cost?

Depends on what you're looking for.

Hasbro makes a limited selection of lower cost helmets in the $100-150 range. They are admittedly good value for the money, but they are not intended to be fully screen accurate and make compromises for electronics, cost, safety, and logistics. But that's not a huge priority for a lot of folks and they display well.

There are also fan made helmets and kits available, priced at a vast range depending on quality. Some offer really good value for the work they do. The only ones I would specifically avoid are ones from recasters and from cosplay companies out of China.

Screen accurate prop replicas made by established outfits - both licensed and not - usually run around $400-$800, sometimes more. A lot more for older pieces. These are usually made from scans or casts of screen used props and have some kind of direct lineage. But they are not readily available and can be difficult to obtain, and licensed companies always seem to run into big issues after a while.

It is a pretty big premium to get the best, and sometimes it's a big headache, but there is definitely a special feeling and a big difference in person with helmets like that versus alternatives.

At the end of the day, what is best for you is what fits your budget and what makes you happy.

Last edited:
Congrats on your new Brian Muir plaque, Darth Fok:clap I have one to accompany my ANH Vader.

I'm also glad to have a Boba Fett helmet back in my collection and awaiting the new stand to display it i managed to track down the awesome version Darthfok uses for his fett helmet.
Here's a temporary display i have at the moment.

View attachment 513743

Love that helmet!

Darth Fok / Cocoboloboy / Irezumi: great plaques and display!

Looks excellent with the plaque Coco... great work!

Thanks, guys!

Custom helmet stand...
SS towel stand, 6" exercise foam roll trimmed to size, grey closed cell foam, and a fitted cover with black stretch fabric.

custom-helmet-stand-1_orig.jpg

The hole was cut with a potato peeler, drill not recommended as it just chewed up the foam...
custom-helmet-stand-11_orig.jpg

custom-helmet-stand-2_orig.jpg

custom-helmet-stand-3_orig.jpg

Trimming a larger piece of foam roll helped support the chin cup of the Red-Five helmet...
custom-helmet-stand-4_orig.jpg

Adding an additional piece of EVA foam to help form the blank shape of the face. All foam was glued together...
custom-helmet-stand-5a_orig.jpg

The top was trimmed down an inch. The bottom neck area of the foam roll was trimmed back and shortened, so as not to protruded below the helmet's edge, and the jaw/chin areas were further sculpted to approximate Mark H's facial proportions. Finally, it's finished off with a fitted black stretch fabric covering fastened with shock cord and a cord lock...
custom-helmet-stand-6a_orig.jpg

custom-helmet-stand-7c_orig.jpg

custom-helmet-stand-8a_orig.jpg

Last edited:

Thank you Jaymig926! How2TrainKaiju, I'm looking forward to getting into printing in the near future... I'd like to follow your ingenious example and idea of designing something that can go over the plain base of the towel stand. To be able to add themed elements to stand of each helmet would be awesome. ;)

Back