Post Your 1:1 Helmets and/or Props

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Hasbro Stormtrooper lid didn’t turn out too bad either. They put green lenses in this one. Too bad they couldn’t have put red ons in Vader’s.
View attachment 528855
Great plaque and display!
Yeah Hasbro did a pretty good job. My only complain is that it is made in 3 parts and always bugged me a little bit.
This is why I traded it for a MR CE. Maybe not 100% accurate too but gives more the feeling of a real prop.

But it’s personal.
Without this, the Hasbro is really decent and cool on display.

Cocoboloboy: i think you put the fingers in the socket...;)

Last edited:
One of my new favourite helmets. RS Propmasters did a great job.

Red5.jpg

Thanks Rondesmo, did you get more Vader helmets yet. I remember chatting to you a while ago when I first brought my Quasimodo.

yeah remember too. ;)
No I could only afford one Quasi so I went on the ESB because I think this is the movie where Vader is at his best and the most impressive and intimidating.
but would have love one of each like you.
Very impressive collection!

yeah remember too. ;)
No I could only afford one Quasi so I went on the ESB because I think this is the movie where Vader is at his best and the most impressive and intimidating.
but would have love one of each like you.
Very impressive collection!
I remember you telling me how mass produced helmets don’t capture the essence of Vader and I now know exactly what you meant. Took me a while to realize and couldn’t be more happier. Glad I didn’t go with Anovos as the look is off to me (but it’s a nice helmet in its own right)

Awesome @Darth Fok !
That's such a great comparison between OT Vader, and each one has the noticeable differences that you plainly see. Cool to switch back and forth between the three.

Also, started looking at the EFX and RS Propmasters last fall, they're doing some excellent work.

Awesome @Darth Fok !
That's such a great comparison between OT Vader, and each one has the noticeable differences that you plainly see. Cool to switch back and forth between the three.

Also, started looking at the EFX and RS Propmasters last fall, they're doing some excellent work.
Thank you. Yeah I wanted to get one from each movie. Of course many people outside of here think they’re all the same lol

yeah remember too. ;)
I agree, I would do the same. ESB successfully shifted Vader away from being an intimidating but semi henchman type villain in Tarkin's shadow (both as a character and in the presence of Peter Cushing) to establishing his own motivations, depth, and pathos.

Great choice for a Quasi helmet.

I collect mostly troopers and pilots, but if I were to get a Vader helmet, that'd be the one.

Great plaque and display!
Yeah Hasbro did a pretty good job. My only complain is that it is made in 3 parts and always bugged me a little bit.
This is why I traded it for a MR CE. Maybe not 100% accurate too but gives more the feeling of a real prop.

But it’s personal.
Without this, the Hasbro is really decent and cool on display.

Cocoboloboy: i think you put the fingers in the socket...;)
You made the right call. The MR CE has some weird production choices with the way it's cut up, but it's still a very solid helmet overall. You're right about it feeling more like a real prop.

The Hasbro BS is pretty good in a vaccuum, but doesn't escape it's toy-like qualities and construction when compared to actual replicas built as replicas.

I do still have one because it's the only licensed Rogue One style helmet out there, but I keep it in another room.

A set of obscure but very cool greeblies arrived, I painted the two silver ones in black and weathered them a bit:

Stormtrooper-blaster-new-greeblies-01.jpg

Stormtrooper-blaster-new-greeblies-03.jpg

Anyone knows what are these and where do they belong? ;) If not, will post the answer tomorrow.

Back