Sideshow PF Vader Repair Help?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Christopher

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I've got an old 1/4 PF SS Vader from 2006. At some point over the years he lost a tusk. And it bugs me.

I've never seen any spares of these floating around, but does anyone do 3D printing of small parts like this?

He's also got an intermittent lightsaber which constantly needs to be nudged to light up fully. If there's any known help available for this, that'd also be appreciated.

IMG_0849.png

Last edited:
There are tusks available for printing but you'd have to find someone who could get the scaling correct for the PF. Sure it's 1/4 but that doesn't necessarily translate to a 1:1 tusk.

Then you'd have to print two, remove the last remaining tusk, prep and most likely repaint once the tusks are added.

I'm amazed that your lightsaber still lights up, even intermittently. My hasn't light up in a decade or more :(
Wow. I didn't know they were that problematic. Yeah I have to keep nudging it to get the connection strong. Its a shame, because it's a great statue otherwise.

There are tusks available for printing but you'd have to find someone who could get the scaling correct for the PF. Sure it's 1/4 but that doesn't necessarily translate to a 1:1 tusk.

Then you'd have to print two, remove the last remaining tusk, prep and most likely repaint once the tusks are added.
Thanks. I'll have a search and see if I can find them.

Almost never. Their PFs are notorious for light up failure. I never cared that much as I didn't use the feature...
Yea, same happened to my Anakin PF before I sold it and my Gandalf PF. The lights just failed over time even though I rarely used them and didn't keep batteries in them either to avoid corrosion.

Yea, same happened to my Anakin PF before I sold it and my Gandalf PF. The lights just failed over time even though I rarely used them and didn't keep batteries in them either to avoid corrosion.
That is interesting, there is nothing that should be failing due to just age with these.

Back