1/6 PLEASE VOTE: What should be the next Star Wars 1/6 Detolf Diorama we should tackle?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which diorama to tackle next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My votes:
1/ Bespin duel
2/Obi Wan-Vader duel
3/Vader meditation chamber
4/Star destroyer bridge
I have the sixth scale for each of them and make great diorama with!

For those of us not in the know, what's "TruScale DX"?

Joost is toying with the idea of doing larger versions of his Detolf dioramas. Essentially, the Detolf ones need some scaling to fit, but a "Truscale DX" is exactly that - True Scale. So, big dioramas that look closer to their on-screen appearance in scale and composition, with less compromise. They'll likely fit Bestas.

I think Joost said the first prototype has been privately funded by a collector and is going ahead. So, I assume we'll see it in all its glory over the next few months or so.

Ah! I see. So the TruScale DX is a separate project apart from the already planned Detolf build.

Similar to his largest ($1k) Death Star build.

Ah! I see. So the TruScale DX is a separate project apart from the already planned Detolf build.

Similar to his largest ($1k) Death Star build.

Somewhere between the two. It's 60x64x40 cm most likely. Will stand on its own and fit inside a Besta

And the Carbon Freezing Chamber is winning !! Yes. With some red lighting could look preeetttty damn nice !

star-wars-han-solo-in-carbonite-sixth-scale-100310-10-1.jpg

Somewhere between the two. It's 60x64x40 cm most likely. Will stand on its own and fit inside a Besta

What's also great about a Besta is it's possible - with a few modifications obviously (strip to fill gap in back wall, four L-brackets added to back corners) - to assemble it without the center divider wall. It doubles the width, creating a display space that's 60X128X40!

For my under-construction Jabba's Palace dio, I actually joined two Besta's one in front of the other and left the center divider wall out of each and it creates a huge interior dio space.

And the Carbon Freezing Chamber is winning !! Yes. With some red lighting could look preeetttty damn nice !

Yeah, that and the Meditation Chamber were my most-wants.:yess:

I voted! The worry is that some of the proposed themes seem difficult to adapt to the Detolf. A carbon freezing chamber in this format would give what visually? Do you already have project sketches for each theme?

I voted! The worry is that some of the proposed themes seem difficult to adapt to the Detolf. A carbon freezing chamber in this format would give what visually? Do you already have project sketches for each theme?

No not yet. Nothing more than this anyway.
6d0283958d510608f75ff1a02e2ee10c.jpg

We now know that you are very well documented!:lol:wink1: The carbon freezing chamber prevails in the borehole. However, I can not imagine how it is possible to reproduce this scene on the Detolf scale. I know that you are a magician Joost, you will succeed this turn ... of Force?!

I hope we get more polls to choose from. I would love to see the cockpits and they should work great for detolfs.

What about a trash compactor and Tarkins view screen room? Make a whole layerd Death Star shelf!

What about the Bespin window that Luke is pulled through?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Wow, Vader Meditation Chamber and SD bridge have really caught up with Bespin Chamber.

Given it's the same set, SD bridge could also be used for bounty hunters as well.

1. Bounty Hunter Row
2. Carbon Freezing Chamber
3. Bespin Hallway

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

With the Snowtrooper coming and Hoth Leia just announced would you ever consider the Hoth corridors?

With the Snowtrooper coming and Hoth Leia just announced would you ever consider the Hoth corridors?

That would be very hard with our current production techniques, so I'll have to look into that, because I've thought the same. But Ill have time with Hot Toys release dates

Back