Poll: who would want a 1/6 scale Millennium Falcon Cargo Hold diorama for Ikea Besta?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you buy this diorama?

• Yes, I would buy this for the $499-$699 price range

Votes: 23 82.1%
  • Nope, count me out!

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters

JazzInc

Super Freak
Reaction score
Main Cargo Hold Millennium Falcon Diorama for Ikea Besta/Stuva

I am kicking around ideas for new dioramas with Adrian Dinca who made the 3d models of the carbon freezing chamber claw and brushes. We were wondering what people would think of doing a One Six Scale Main Cargo Hold Millennium Falcon 1/6 Diorama for Ikea Besta/Stuva (so around 22 inches wide, and variable depth for Besta and Stuva, Height would be around 22 inches as well). It would work for scenes from A New Hope, The Force Awakens, Empire Strikes Back and more!
Rough Pricing

Because it is such a complex environment this might be the first to break through our $499 cap for Truscale environments. So, before we sink a lot of time and money into this, who would be interested to own this diorama. See image below.

The kit will contain:

• The classic millennium falcon floor
  • The Millennium Falcon bent seat
  • The Holographic Chess table
  • The back wall with part of the opening
  • Hose details and greeblies
  • A background graphic behind the opening to suggest the hallway beyond

Suitable Figures:

• Hot Toys Luke Skywalker MMS297
  • Hot Toys Princess Leia MMS298
  • Hot Toys Han Solo MMS261
  • Hot Toys Chewbacca MMS262
  • Hot Toys Han Solo & Chewbacca The Force Awakens MMS376
  • Hot Toys Obi Wan Kenobi MMS283
  • And many of the different C3POs and R2-D2 figures out there!
Please give us any and all opinions and feedback!

UPDATE:
There has been an overwhelmingly positive feedback, so you can preorder here. We will go ahead!:
https://www.jazzincdioramas.com/product/truscale-millennium-falcon-main-cargo-hold-diorama-for-ikea-besta-stuva-or-stand-alone/

Support the prototyping
For those of you who can, please support the prototyping process by preordering this with our payment plan, so we can make this as beautiful as we can while you pay off your kit in time for the first preorders to ship. We expect a 6 month time frame.
af56b1808fdae58f7252e5b4c9fe56f5.jpg

Last edited:
I really like this idea. It would totally have to be a payment plan purchase though.

Sure that would go without saying. If we go ahead I will open a preorder with payment plan that will allow you to pay it off in the months to come before the release

What time frame are you looking at? Just thinking of the Bespin Dual diorama I ordered...

Here's a mental idea. Do both sides. You could either join together as an ultimate, or have side by side across 2 besta's/Stuva's.

Now with that said I'll really have start budgeting.

Here's a mental idea. Do both sides. You could either join together as an ultimate, or have side by side across 2 besta's/Stuva's.

Now with that said I'll really have start budgeting.

That might be an idea for an expansion set to create an ultimate one day if this one did take off.

Very cool! I only collect Imperials and my space doesn't allow dios, but tell to Adi Dinca "ca a facut o treaba deosebita" :)

This would be a grail for me and if you were to do 2 different besta sized pieces from two different angles I would be in for both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The more I think about it, the more I want to try to make this modular, with floor pieces that fit together so you can expand. Several wall pieces and a separate bench seat so you could expand and arrange as fits your display space. Just a thought though.

Modular could be the way to go indeed. Maybe having Detolf size modules even though i can see where it would add unwanted restraints scale wise. Yet, having the option to build a Falcon hold out of 4 to 6 smaller dioramas (Dejarik corner, Han's console and Seat, Luke lightsaber training area, Ben's teaching/guiding area, cockpit access corridor) sounds great. Payment plan is great for larger true scale dioramas but modular would also help with display options.

Modular could be the way to go indeed. Maybe having Detolf size modules even though i can see where it would add unwanted restraints scale wise. Yet, having the option to build a Falcon hold out of 4 to 6 smaller dioramas (Dejarik corner, Han's console and Seat, Luke lightsaber training area, Ben's teaching/guiding area, cockpit access corridor) sounds great. Payment plan is great for larger true scale dioramas but modular would also help with display options.

I totally hear what you’re saying, but even though it would make things easier for me, I cannot mix detolf with truscale because the bench seat is enough to fill an entire IKEA Stuva cabinet. Same would go for back walls.

I totally hear what you’re saying, but even though it would make things easier for me, I cannot mix detolf with truscale because the bench seat is enough to fill an entire IKEA Stuva cabinet. Same would go for back walls.

You just confirmed what i first feared :lol

Could not precisely picture that bench seat at 1/6 scale but now i have a clearer vision of what those dioramas would eat up space wise :panic:

Still, displaying such an iconic environment home is very exciting. With Vader's chamber and Bespin Gantry coming, you're making ou collector's life more exciting and stressful at the same time. :gah:

Decisions, decisions...

I would start with the falcon cockpit since hot toys is dragging their heels or not going to produce it at all, but if i had that already, then this would be a must have piece.

I would start with the falcon cockpit since hot toys is dragging their heels or not going to produce it at all, but if i had that already, then this would be a must have piece.

Well, that is exactly the reason I went with this. Talking with Adrian, I realized many people have been asking me for the falcon and I wouldn’t touch it because hot toys was already teasing theirs and I don’t want to get in their way in any way.

Then I realized, this millennium falcon environment is just as iconic, and maybe even has more posing options, and it wouldn’t get in the way of hot toys while still giving my peeps but they have requested from me.

There has been an overwhelmingly positive feedback both here and in my closed Facebook group, so you can preorder here. We will go ahead!:

https://www.jazzincdioramas.com/pro...-diorama-for-ikea-besta-stuva-or-stand-alone/

If you can, please prototyping process by preordering this with our payment plan, so we can make this as beautiful as we can while you pay off your kit in time for the first preorders to ship. We expect a 6 month time frame.

Last edited:
Jazz, while we're at it, are you still offering payment plans for your other projects (ie: Meditation Chamber and Bespin gantry). I can't seem to find the way to trigger that function on your site.

Jazz, while we're at it, are you still offering payment plans for your other projects (ie: Meditation Chamber and Bespin gantry). I can't seem to find the way to trigger that function on your site.

Wonderful thanks! I see that on my site for both products. Can you see it as well?
ffa2c55c08cb46efb8105758c0242a57.jpg

Great. I see the options now. For some reason i could locate it on the Falcon page but not the other two. Anyway, not entering the projects right now but going at least for one in the coming days. Have yet to figure out how, and more importantly where, i'll display the other two.

Back