Poll: who would want a 1/6 scale Millennium Falcon Cargo Hold diorama for Ikea Besta?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you buy this diorama?

• Yes, I would buy this for the $499-$699 price range

Votes: 23 82.1%
  • Nope, count me out!

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters
In the description it says "The Holographic Chess Set" is included. Does that mean the game creatures as well, or is that really only referring to the table itself?

Also, as shown in the photo of the real thing, the bench seat has numerous lighted indicators/controls. Will the diorama bench seat include such lighting?

EDIT: Also just noticed that the 3D render in this thread is newer than the one shown on the website. Love the added details and lighting in the ceiling! Can't wait to see how the design progresses!

Dear Scott, those are excellent questions, and I have just updated the website, because it will only be the chess table. Maybe we will offer the creatures as an accessory later, but for now, that is not part of the base price.

As for the lighting, I do plan to get some lighting in the panels behind the bench.

Would ya look at that! The 1/6 scale floor, the bench and the Dejarik table are done. Having some trouble with the walls but we'll crack that!
01fe232687186ac89279be26fd75c2c5.jpg

Exciting. I really gotta move and get those besta cases before all your great dios land home

Wow! Makes me wonder how much longer it'll be before we see a Jazz Falcon cockpit!

Looks fantastic! And Jazz, your recent instagrams showing Chewbacca sitting down (and the modified 3P0) have me just about ready to pull the trigger. :)

One question I have: I see that Bestas come in two different heights: the normal one has a height of 25 1/4" (64 cm), while the shorter Besta model is 15" (38 cm) tall. I have several of the shorter Bestas (that I use as risers for my detolfs), and am wondering if the table/bench and wall pieces will require the taller Besta.

I'll likely go with a taller Besta entertainment center (essentially a set of two of the taller Bestas with glass doors) but just was wondering about the height to get a good idea of the sense of scale.

Incredible craft work!

Looks excellent. Is the table the same size as the SS one? Curious if swapping those would be a potential option.

Yes the table will be the same size as the SS one. Here is a picture of the upgraded prototype of the bench and holochess table. Still working on the walls:
Screenshot 2019-02-20 at 09.22.00 copy.jpg
IMG_4721.jpg

Looks fantastic! And Jazz, your recent instagrams showing Chewbacca sitting down (and the modified 3P0) have me just about ready to pull the trigger. :)

One question I have: I see that Bestas come in two different heights: the normal one has a height of 25 1/4" (64 cm), while the shorter Besta model is 15" (38 cm) tall. I have several of the shorter Bestas (that I use as risers for my detolfs), and am wondering if the table/bench and wall pieces will require the taller Besta.

I'll likely go with a taller Besta entertainment center (essentially a set of two of the taller Bestas with glass doors) but just was wondering about the height to get a good idea of the sense of scale.

Incredible craft work!

Thanks so much for the kind words! No that won't fit, the height will be 48 cm. But I suggest getting the deeper Ikea Stuva units, because you will be able to fit the bench in the Besta, but not the bench extension whereas the Stuva will fit all comfortably. It should also be around 48cm deep

This looks fantastic. But, sadly, after the new Jabba, out of my reach. Just wanted to remark on the fantastic work you’ve done here, Jazz.

Can you tell us if this dio will have any light up features? It's looking so good, after about fifty visits to your site I think this might be my first purchase from you!

Well, I might try to add a few LEDs, but we’re already quite tight on budget. As many clients have pointed out to me, hot toys would have charged double, but I want to keep it accessible, so it’s not going to have LEDs for every switch and button on there for sure, but may be a few.

Thanks!!

Damn this looks amazing!!
Just like the X34!!

I really need to.buy 1 of these dios in support.
Scared what shipping would cost to Australia...

That looks fantastic. I wish I had the room for another massive diorama (or the resources). Great job. There are going to be some happy customers out there.

This looks awesome. I'm not a 1:6 figure collector, but I would definitely get one of these.

Hey Jazz!
You mentioned this great piece being modular. What did you have in mind?

Fantastic looking dio!

Back