Poll: who would want a 1/6 scale Millennium Falcon Cargo Hold diorama for Ikea Besta?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you buy this diorama?

• Yes, I would buy this for the $499-$699 price range

Votes: 23 82.1%
  • Nope, count me out!

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters
I’d be interested in the cockpit too. I understand your reluctance since HT showed one a few years back, but I got to think that if HTs Falcon cockpit doesn’t release this year or along side the upcoming Solo Figures then it’s not coming. It’ll be interesting to see if it shows up again at this years cons.

Great. I see the options now. For some reason i could locate it on the Falcon page but not the other two. Anyway, not entering the projects right now but going at least for one in the coming days. Have yet to figure out how, and more importantly where, i'll display the other two.

Thanks so much for your continued support!

I already have the Tantive IV true scale which is amazing. I never thought I’d see some have the balls to make this and make a MF diorama, I’m so pleased. It’s an instant pre order for me...just purchased. Can’t wait to see what add ins come further down the line. Joost, is there any chance the height of the MF dio could be the same as the Tantive true scale as I find that a better height for some shelving.

Thanks so much for your continued support!

I'm Glad to help keeping your production running. I didn't think i'd ever move from Detolf size though. You are giving us a hard time turning down so many gorgeous pieces especially since they are coming at a steady pace :lol

This one will need some nice weathering effects as it's not as clean as your other environments. How do you think you will achieve that (if it's not giving away proprietary secrets)?

I already have the Tantive IV true scale which is amazing. I never thought I’d see some have the balls to make this and make a MF diorama, I’m so pleased. It’s an instant pre order for me...just purchased. Can’t wait to see what add ins come further down the line. Joost, is there any chance the height of the MF dio could be the same as the Tantive true scale as I find that a better height for some shelving.

Well, I really want to stay true to the 1/6 scale. That said, the roof of the MF slants down from 9'9" to 7'3" according to the official blueprints. I don't know if I will do a slanting back wall yet, but only if I stick with the 9'9" measurements will the back wall be the same height as the Tantive IV.

cough*cough* Death Star Bridge

This one will need some nice weathering effects as it's not as clean as your other environments. How do you think you will achieve that (if it's not giving away proprietary secrets)?

Yes this will DEFINITELY need weathering. I couldn't do that before, in large quantities I mean, so that's one of the reasons I didn't touch those environments, but we fixed that thanks to the carbon freezing chamber so that's one more reason why I feel confident we can do this the right way now.

With all the bounty hunters confirmed, that would be nice. Can't be more complicated than a Falcon cargo hold, can it?

I will DEFINITELY tackle the star destroyer bridge in the future! I even got some great sketches from a client:

IMG_1979.jpg

Now the new CC is activated, i put it to good use and POed the cargo hold :yess: and Vader's Chamber :gah: and Bespin Gantry :panic: I'm so weak :monkey3

In the description it says "The Holographic Chess Set" is included. Does that mean the game creatures as well, or is that really only referring to the table itself?

Also, as shown in the photo of the real thing, the bench seat has numerous lighted indicators/controls. Will the diorama bench seat include such lighting?

EDIT: Also just noticed that the 3D render in this thread is newer than the one shown on the website. Love the added details and lighting in the ceiling! Can't wait to see how the design progresses!

Back