WIP: 1/6 TruScale Bespin Gantry I AM YOUR FATHER DIORAMA ENVIRONMENT for BESTA

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Merry Christmas! Your favorite family reunion is here!

Please pre-order the bespin gantry 1/6 scale diorama with background here: https://www.jazzincdioramas.com/pro...her-diorama-environment-for-ikea-stuva-besta/

Only if we get enough preorders can we get this made!

YES, WE WILL INCLUDE THE CHOPPED OFF POLES AND IF WE GET ENOUGH PREORDERS, WE WILL ALSO RELEASE THE EXTENSION LUKE CRAWLS ON TO.

It's not perfect, so it'll still be tweaked and improved!

https://youtu.be/KCVKuD7y21o

14f7dab86876f8cdd1b4ad7a40aee585.jpg

Joost: What's the ETA looking like? I know you have a ton on your plate, just didn't know what schedule was/is :)

This looks beautifully finished, but is this "actual size" or reduced? I thought the Truscale line was for stuff that was a literal 1/6 recreation of the full size sets?

Oh, okay. I just thought TruScale was "true" scale meaning it was truly a 1/6 version built from the real set blueprints.

Joost can answer, but I *think* the first one he did was accurate scale for that piece, and was designed to fit a Besta cabinet (?). So Truscale is more about fitting a size, vs 100% 1/6 scale accuracy. I may be totally off. :p

Deluxe is Detolf, Truscale is Besta etc

Oh, okay. I just thought TruScale was "true" scale meaning it was truly a 1/6 version built from the real set blueprints.

Yes, both are right. Most of our truscales are true to exact 1/6 scale (like the Tantive dioramas, the falcon, the land speeder, this one) but some like the emperor throne room would be too large to make or ship in 1/6 scale, even just the window, so there we play with the size to make it look right.

In this case it is true 1/6 scale. The Ultimate version of this will just have the extension added. So the standard truscale is the platform where Luke and Vader fight and the ultimate version will be this platform and the extension Luke crawls on to right before he drops.

We have just finished the 2nd rough prototype, with some very solid pieces of aluminium (the floor is solid 6mm thick aluminium) and based on the feedback from the community, we have made it wall mountable!! So no display space needed, but you can still put it in an Ikea Stuva.

We've also added a few more details. the railing has also been upgraded to aluminium posts and we will try to add real lights and finally, we will also add a second set of chopped off poles.

Joost: What's the ETA looking like? I know you have a ton on your plate, just didn't know what schedule was/is :)

As for the ETA, it looks like we're still on schedule for June 2019, but to be safe, I'll say Q3 2019

so, UPGRADES IN THE SECOND PROTOTYPE:
1) solid 6mm aluminium floor
2) wall mountable
3) extra set of chopped off poles
4) Extra details and greeblies on the platform
5) real lights
6) Upgraded the posts to real aluminium rods
7) Truscale version compatible with Ultimate extension, so it can be expanded for those who wish to upgrade later
8) movie accurate backdrop

Yes, both are right. Most of our truscales are true to exact 1/6 scale (like the Tantive dioramas, the falcon, the land speeder, this one) but some like the emperor throne room would be too large to make or ship in 1/6 scale, even just the window, so there we play with the size to make it look right.

In this case it is true 1/6 scale. The Ultimate version of this will just have the extension added. So the standard truscale is the platform where Luke and Vader fight and the ultimate version will be this platform and the extension Luke crawls on to right before he drops.

We have just finished the 2nd rough prototype, with some very solid pieces of aluminium (the floor is solid 6mm thick aluminium) and based on the feedback from the community, we have made it wall mountable!! So no display space needed, but you can still put it in an Ikea Stuva.

We've also added a few more details. the railing has also been upgraded to aluminium posts and we will try to add real lights and finally, we will also add a second set of chopped off poles.

As for the ETA, it looks like we're still on schedule for June 2019, but to be safe, I'll say Q3 2019

so, UPGRADES IN THE SECOND PROTOTYPE:
1) solid 6mm aluminium floor
2) wall mountable
3) extra set of chopped off poles
4) Extra details and greeblies on the platform
5) real lights
6) Upgraded the posts to real aluminium rods
7) Truscale version compatible with Ultimate extension, so it can be expanded for those who wish to upgrade later
8) movie accurate backdrop

Joost this update sounds incredible !!! Wall mountable is a game changer !! Do you have ballpark dimensions for the whole thing with extension ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. It will be epic. With the extension, it should be around 100 cm by 56 cm by 27 cm (wide, deep, high)

Joost: I'm not going to do the extension add-on.....what size cabinet would you recommend for this? I'm laying out the "cubicles" for my custom built cab I'm about to start, and trying to make sure I don't short change it.

So in Imperialist ( ;) ) measurements, your site says basically 24W x 24H x 17D. But I'm assuming that is "sitting on the floor" measurements? I'd like to wall-mount it inside cabinet, maybe allowing 2-3" top and bottom (?)

What will the backdrop measurements be?

Trying to wrap my head around my space allotment here. Thanks :)

Last edited:
Joost: I'm not going to do the extension add-on.....what size cabinet would you recommend for this? I'm laying out the "cubicles" for my custom built cab I'm about to start, and trying to make sure I don't short change it.

So in Imperialist ( ;) ) measurements, your site says basically 24W x 24H x 17D. But I'm assuming that is "sitting on the floor" measurements? I'd like to wall-mount it inside cabinet, maybe allowing 2-3" top and bottom (?)

What will the backdrop measurements be?

Trying to wrap my head around my space allotment here. Thanks :)

The backdrop will be 56cm x 140cm which will fill an Ikea Stuva cabinet sides and back. Please allow a few extra inches for using the wall mount bracket.
IMG_5360.jpg

WOW! THIS IS SO EPIC IN REAL LIFE! I am so thrilled to show you the final production version of the Ultimate Bespin Gantry, with light up features, optional chopped off poles (included), and wall-mountable. Includes the everything you see, except the figures!

Preorder now and get it in September. Free shipping if you also ordered the land speeder or the falcon cargo hold!

https://www.jazzincdioramas.com/pro...rama-i-am-your-father-diorama-wall-mountable/

There has been some confusion based on the video. So here are the two side by side, the Truscale and the Ultimate version. The truscale will fit inside an Ikea Besta or Stuva. Both are wall mountable (optional) and both will include light up features and two sets of poles (regular and chopped-off), but the ultimate version will include the entire extension kit.

TRUSCALE: https://www.jazzincdioramas.com/pro...her-diorama-environment-for-ikea-stuva-besta/

ULTIMATE: https://www.jazzincdioramas.com/pro...rama-i-am-your-father-diorama-wall-mountable/

truscale vs ultimate small.jpg

Back