People taking video gaming a little too seriously.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have entered into a whole new realm my friend. I won't touch the MMO aspect of gaming.
IMO MMO's are social networks with a graphical overlay, they are in no way meant to be competitive.

We were discussing online MP such as FPS's. May the :angelsmil be with you if the MMO'ers hop on you.

Sad and demented, but social. :rotfl

You have entered into a whole new realm my friend. I won't touch the MMO aspect of gaming.
IMO MMO's are social networks with a graphical overlay, they are in no way meant to be competitive.

We were discussing online MP such as FPS's. May the :angelsmil be with you if the MMO'ers hop on you.

They are too busy being trapped in their apartments leveling up to even read what I am posting. :lecture

MMO's are just bad IMO. The only goal is to "level up" in a never ending game. Ugh.

MMO's are just bad IMO. The only goal is to "level up" in a never ending game. Ugh.

And to see just how much time you can actually stay away from society and still keep care of yourself and surroundings. I remember the one story of the kid they found dead in his apartment. He stuck a shotgun in his mouth and blew is head off. Why you ask? Because he died and his online friend took all his in game equipement. They found him stilll at his computer surrounded by trash, empty pizza boxes, and maggots. :horror

There is a difference between "athletic sports" and "non-athletic sports", but they are all still sports...

...If there’s a clock, score, winner, measure, or contest then it’s most likely a sport...

There was one too where some guy proposed to a gamer chick over the computer. She said no so he killed himself.

There is a difference between "athletic sports" and "non-athletic sports", but they are all still sports...

No they aren't lonnie. Like I said, it's a way to make fat kids who get picked last and who suck feel good about themselves.

They have tried to twist the term "sports" to make everyone "feel good". What a joke.

No they aren't lonnie. Like I said, it's a way to make fat kids who get picked last and who suck feel good about themselves.

They have tried to twist the term "sports" to make everyone "feel good". What a joke.

Kinda like now in little league how they don't declare a winner. Kids today are weak. Has been this way for years. Kid's even in the 80's (when I grew up) weren't as tough as kids in the previous years. Soon they won't know what it feels like to lose and when they go to work and find out everything isn't all roses may have even more problems.

Kinda like now in little league how they don't declare a winner. Kids today are weak. Has been this way for years. Kid's even in the 80's (when I grew up) weren't as tough as kids in the previous years. Soon they won't know what it feels like to lose and when they go to work and find out everything isn't all roses may have even more problems.

Yeah, that's brilliant isn't it? No "winners" and "losers"...everyone gets a trophy. What a joke.

So do you consider bowling a sport?

That one is a fine line for me. I'd say yeah. It's some physical activity with competition involved. I have a hard time with bowling, golf and such, but I can let them slide.

That one is a fine line for me. I'd say yeah. It's some physical activity with competition involved. I have a hard time with bowling, golf and such, but I can let them slide.

Bowling requires physical strength and balance as does golf.

Then what about the Wii??? Many games require physical activity and balance...

...off to lunch for now...

Some of those I may give you. However, the bowling I won't. You can't compare a controller to a 16 ILB ball. Now wii fit, that is a different story. I would even call dance dance revolution a form of a sport when played competitively.

...off to lunch for now...

I was waiting for the Wii argument. I still don't think of it as playing sports dude. It's a little more physical than a standard video game, but is is playing sports? IMO no.

I am sorry lonnie, I grew up playing sports like football, soccer and basketball. On weekends I'd run around outside with my friends. We built forts in the woods. We rode our bikes on dirt trails and jumped stuff. In short we got out of the house and played.

You're older than I am so I am surprised that you see sitting in front of a TV and pushing buttons as "palying sports" like todays modern wussified kids. In that case aren't you playing sports right now by sitting in front of a monitor and typing?

Bowling requires physical strength and balance as does golf.

I consider both those sports. Golf especially with all that it requires you to do in order for you to be good at it. If its not a sport someone explain why Tiger Woods is the first billion dollar athlete and probably the most widely known person in the world.

Back