People taking video gaming a little too seriously.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am sorry lonnie, I grew up playing sports like football, soccer and basketball. On weekends I'd run around outside with my friends. We built forts in the woods. We rode our bikes on dirt trails and jumped stuff. In short we got out of the house and played

I was the exact same way but, times have changed. Now kids basically need armed guards with them in order to play outside. There are so many psychos out there that you almost have to be afraid to let your kids play outside. I live in the suburbs and there are still a strong police presence before and after around my sons school. People are terrified because for some reason it has become an increased pedophile threat all around the country. it is like someone opened the gates of hell and let these bastards out and now thay have taken the shape of coaches, teachers, neighbors, etc....
I do let me son go outside and play don't get me wrong but he checks in every 1/2 hour, has a cell phone or walkabout radio, has boundries (he cannot go in the park alone or to the main street), and an escape route set up meaning assigned houses that he can run to in an emergency. We are even working on getting the kids in the neighborhood set up with gps transmitters. I know this sounds crazy but this is how it is today. Anyone who disagrees check the megans law website and see how many bastards live around you and your family.

I was the exact same way but, times have changed. Now kids basically need armed guards with them in order to play outside. There are so many psychos out there that you almost have to be afraid to let your kids play outside. I live in the suburbs and there are still a strong police presence before and after around my sons school. People are terrified because for some reason it has become an increased pedophile threat all around the country. it is like someone opened the gates of hell and let these bastards out and now thay have taken the shape of coaches, teachers, neighbors, etc....
I do let me son go outside and play don't get me wrong but he checks in every 1/2 hour, has a cell phone or walkabout radio, has boundries (he cannot go in the park alone or to the main street), and an escape route set up meaning assigned houses that he can run to in an emergency. We are even working on getting the kids in the neighborhood set up with gps transmitters. I know this sounds crazy but this is how it is today. Anyone who disagrees check the megans law website and see how many bastards live around you and your family.

Don't take this the wrong way.

You're making your kid into a ^^^^^!

First off he's a boy, teach him to defend himself (if you know how) and his balls will drop and be tough so he can hurt some sick ^^^^ if they try to ass rape him. (i dunno how old your boy is but if he's around 9-10 he should be going to the park alone if it's semi-close)Yes GPS is crazy!

I know there's sick ^^^^s out there but you can't live in fear. My 6 year old GIRL has restrictions but she's a GIRL and 6. And in time they will be loosened. (doesn't make me a bad parent)

And no you don't have to "be afraid" to have your kids play outside. THE SICKOS SHOULD BE AFRAID OF US. But when you act soft and are scared it just does nothing but help them.

Let the boy be a boy toughen him up ( but you must set the example) or he'll grow into a puss. (seen it happen) Again i dunno your boys age and i don't try to tell people how to parent. But you sound very scared and weak, and that is not what is needed in the fight against crazy bastards. There's a fine line about "being safe" and being way overprotective.

Everyone loves their kids, just don't love them too much. YES protect your kid, but also teach them to protect themselves as there is no way you can be there 100% of the time.

Again no offense (i dunno your circumstances 100%) I just don't like to see males especially that are way to overprotective. It makes weak kids grow into weak adults.

Just my 2cents:peace

Last edited:
So if you're 6 y/o GIRL is playing outside in your yard and some pervert comes by is she going to kick his ass because you made her so "tough"? Give me a break. I agree people should not live in fear, but but not being careful today is just stupid. It's a lot different then it was 25 years ago.

So if you're 6 y/o GIRL is playing outside in your yard and some pervert comes by is she going to kick his ass because you made her so "tough"? Give me a break. I agree people should not live in fear, but but not being careful today is just stupid. It's a lot different then it was 25 years ago.

That has nothing to do with what i said. And if that's the case what can you really even do about it? In your yard? No my kid and all kids are basically helpless at 6 boy or girl. All you can do is teach em to scream at that age. Boys maybe more a little earlier.

I'm talking about going to the park etc. gps/cellphone etc. Not needed IMO. And i said i dunno how old his boy is so this is all circumstantial. My point is he sounds way too overprotective....but it really depends on how old his kid is. (whether he really is or not i have no idea, just giving my opinion on overprotectiveness)

I think GPs is a little ridiculous too to be honest, but I am sure parents who's kids were abducted would have loved to have had it. Like I said when I grew up i ran all over the place unsupervised. My mom used to make me check in now and again which was smart, but you didn't have to worry then like you do now.

Even if a boy is 11 or 12 he's not going to fight off or overpower an adult man. Parents today are smart to be a lot more watchful then they used to have to be. I am not a father and never plan to be so I can really say how I'd react to raising a kid in today's world.

It's a lot different then it was 25 years ago.
I dunno that i totally agree with this. Maybe it's true statisticly or not i dunno. Or maybe we just hear about it now cause we are bombarded with info.

Adam walsh still got his head cut off in 1980. These people have always been around, and unfortunately always will be..

I dunno that i totally agree with this. Maybe it's true statisticly or not i dunno. Or maybe we just here about it now cause we are bombarded with info.

Adam walsh still got his head cut off in 1980. These people have always been around, and unfortunately always will be..

Yeah, it's always been around for sure, but it goes on a lot more often today then it did back then. The internet made it a lot more easy for perverts to access talking to kids.

I think GPs is a little ridiculous too to be honest, but I am sure parents who's kids were abducted would have loved to have had it. Like I said when I grew up i ran all over the place unsupervised. My mom used to make me check in now and again which was smart, but you didn't have to worry then like you do now.

Even if a boy is 11 or 12 he's not going to fight off or overpower an adult man. Parents today are smart to be a lot more watchful then they used to have to be. I am not a father and never plan to be so I can really say how I'd react to raising a kid in today's world.

See thats where i differ. I think an 11 or 12 year old boy while kinda stupid to think he will overpower a man. Will be able to inflict pain and stop the attack or better a sicko seeing a kid this age would not try it in the first place. I know myself at 11 or 12 if i was to be abducted the sicko woulda had a hell of a time getting me into the back of his van. But if a kid is passive and weak in the first place he has no chance IMO.

See thats where i differ. I think and 11 or 12 year old boy while kinda stupid to think he will overpower a man. Will be able to inflict pain and stop the attack or better a sicko seeing a kid this age would not try it in the first place. I know myself at 11 or 12 if i was to be abducted the sicko woulda had a hell of a time getting me into the back of his van. But if a kid is passive and weak in the first place he has no chance IMO.

I'd teach my kid to fight back too, but in reality he's not even close to strong enough to win. Maybe a lucky shot in the balls or something. I think today it's just key to NEVEN let your kids be alone. If you have 3-4 11 year olds together there is not much chance of some perv attacking.

I'd teach my kid to fight back too, but in reality he's not even close to strong enough to win. Maybe a lucky shot in the balls or something. I think today it's just key to NEVEN let your kids be alone. If you have 3-4 11 year olds together there is not much chance of some perv attacking.

I agree but the kid HAS to try is my point. Being a "wuss" you're already dead.

I agree never ALONE even at that age. A pack is always safer.

Don't take this the wrong way.

You're making your kid into a ^^^^^!

First off he's a boy, teach him to defend himself (if you know how) and his balls will drop and be tough so he can hurt some sick ^^^^ if they try to ass rape him. (i dunno how old your boy is but if he's around 9-10 he should be going to the park alone if it's semi-close)Yes GPS is crazy!

I know there's sick ^^^^s out there but you can't live in fear. My 6 year old GIRL has restrictions but she's a GIRL and 6. And in time they will be loosened. (doesn't make me a bad parent)

And no you don't have to "be afraid" to have your kids play outside. THE SICKOS SHOULD BE AFRAID OF US. But when you act soft and are scared it just does nothing but help them.

Let the boy be a boy toughen him up ( but you must set the example) or he'll grow into a puss. (seen it happen) Again i dunno your boys age and i don't try to tell people how to parent. But you sound very scared and weak, and that is not what is needed in the fight against crazy bastards. There's a fine line about "being safe" and being way overprotective.

Everyone loves their kids, just don't love them too much. YES protect your kid, but also teach them to protect themselves as there is no way you can be there 100% of the time.

Again no offense (i dunno your circumstances 100%) I just don't like to see males especially that are way to overprotective. It makes weak kids grow into weak adults.

Just my 2cents:peace

No I don't take offense to your opinion in the least bit. My son is 10 and bigger than all the kids in his grade thanks to modern asthma meds filled with steroids but anyway. I understand your point 100%, and my son does know how to fight and he does usually hang in a pack, unfortunately he is every bit a 10 year old which is what does scare me but weak no and anyone who knows me can attest to that, if something happens to my family I fly off into a rage. He has a cell because emergencies happen, several times in my youth I look back and wish I had one. He knows to respect adults and be weary of adults he doesn't know. Unfortunately you have to worry about the adults they know as much as the ones they don't. the gps is for if God forbid something does happen it could be activated and the perv could be dealt with fatally. But as I said, he is not weak but I see how you could interpret my previous comment as such. He plays sports,and is about to learn either a martial art or boxing plus I am going to teach him to shoot in a year or two. I also agree that over protecting your child can soften them but not protecting them enough can endanger them.
But it is different now then 25 years ago as in it's not just strangers who commit these acts but people you know and trust as well as other kids which is also scary. Like 2 years ago the little girl was kidnapped by her neighbor and was killed 50 yards from her house. That is the scariest part of it. GPS would have made that story have a better ending.
But as for your comments i take no offense what so ever to them and I see your points. We live by 2 major highways and about 5 miles from the turnpike, hense the gps comment, so that is why the park is out of bounds not to mention there is a creek that flows through the middle of it and we all know about flash flood dangers.

totally off topic - but does anyone here want to play NHL09 on X360 sometime?

For fun........dont worry im not a crazy gamer :)

Back