Keegan's Customs ‧ Leto Atreides II

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keegan

Super Freak
Reaction score
I’ve been kind of randomly starting up new threads for custom projects here and there every once in a while so I thought I’d make one place to share them all. Eventually I’ll get all of my older stuff in here as my OCD dictates but first wanted to share the latest project…

Leto Atreides II from Herbert's Dune novels. Somewhere along the path of transforming into a full-on sandworm with a face. So, in the wee 3,500-year gap between Children of Dune and God Emperor of Dune.

Leto_9.jpg

The figure is from my imaginings of the books but McCavoy did actually play the character on one of those painful mini-series, so I went with his head. To simulate the living segmented worm skin covering his body I used some cool stuff called artificial sinew over a slick bodysuit. It’s waxy and pretty fun to work with and actually allows for some good articulation. In the end this guy ended up wrapped in over 120 yards of it, ha ha!

Leto_1.jpg

In the book, Leto is able to manipulate the skin around his mouth into forming a little flexible tube that he can drink sweet green sandtrout juice out of. Dune. So weird and awesome. This is a wrapped wire so it can move around.

Leto_2.jpg

I made him a crysknife although he’s never written as having one. Wouldn’t need it as nothing can kill him but he’s still a Fremen so it seemed right. For the blade I used a shard of selenite (worms have crystal teeth) and the handle is a piece of fossilized tendon from a 60-million year old, duck-billed Edmontosaurus. Legit.

Leto_3.jpg

Little boot pouch to hold the Atreides ducal ring that no longer fits on his tumid, wormy fingers.

Leto_4.jpg

Leto_5.jpg

Atreides hawk motif on his knife pommel and cloak clasp.

Leto_6.jpg

Leto_7.jpg

Articulates pretty well despite the wrappings. Have to futz after every new pose but the sinew holds its form really well.

Leto_8.jpg

Leto_10.jpg

Annnd.. into the detolf with daddy (the amazing Paul by Spenser). He was all set until I saw him next to my other figs and he seems a little short – especially for an Unkillable-All-Seeing-Emperor-Prophet-Tyrant-God-Fickin’-To-Set-The-Universe-On-A-Golden-Path. Think I’ll add a little height and he should be done.

Leto_11.jpg

Love me some Dune. Sure hope it gets made into a proper series someday but god only knows how. The last book is basically a bunch of people sitting and thinking to themselves for 400 pages. Genius writing though. Thanks for looking and enduring this windbag post, Freaks! More to come…

Last edited:
I have the Paul Atreides custom... but don't have the worm hooks or thumper. They look GREAT!

Perhaps we might see some Dune stuff when the new films start being produced.

I'm not familiar with the characters but they look great.

I have the Paul Atreides custom... but don't have the worm hooks or thumper. They look GREAT!

That's fantastic.

I need to get a thumper and hooks to go with my Spenser custom too.

That's a freakin' great custom figure! Love the series and the character :rock

Thanks so much, y’all! Nice to feel the love for Dune. I don’t know anyone in the “real world” who’s ever read them so no one knows what I’m talking about most of the time ha ha!

Back