Oppenheimer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never realized there was a "true" IMAX theater in my city😅. Now I'm even more excited to watch this movie. Sucks that I'll have to wait until Monday though since IMAX tickets are sold out for the entire weekend, just have to avoid spoilers now.

I never realized there was a "true" IMAX theater in my city😅. Now I'm even more excited to watch this movie. Sucks that I'll have to wait until Monday though since IMAX tickets are sold out for the entire weekend, just have to avoid spoilers now.
Rumor has it the bomb doesn't work which in turn makes Oppie take his clothes off.:whistle:

Rumor has it the bomb doesn't work which in turn makes Oppie take his clothes off.:whistle:
ben giroux you da bomb GIF

Thought it was a solid movie. Riveting to watch but also very dense and hard to follow at times with the constant jumping around, and the multiple characters with different allegiances that come in and out of the story and are hard to keep track of. And Oppenheimer himself remains an enigma throughout (which may have been the intention, but also makes it hard to connect with him in any way).

Ultimately when it comes to this kind of WWII biopic, I thought something like Imitation Game was far more powerful and effective. And got you to actually care about every character in it.

Although granted, it's a bit harder to root for what the scientists in Oppenheimer were doing...

Last edited:
Saw it last night in IMAX laser, enjoyed it quite a bit. Can be difficult to follow at first but it starts to fit together more cohesively in the third act, where it changes gears a bit. You get the distinct sense that Oppenheimer himself is never not tortured personally in some manner, which is compounded by some fantastic sequences that crank up stress, tension, guilt and emotional devastation expertly. RDJ is absolutely excellent in it. Only real issue I had with it is

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Saw it last night in IMAX laser, enjoyed it quite a bit. Can be difficult to follow at first but it starts to fit together more cohesively in the third act, where it changes gears a bit. You get the distinct sense that Oppenheimer himself is never not tortured personally in some manner, which is compounded by some fantastic sequences that crank up stress, tension, guilt and emotional devastation expertly. RDJ is absolutely excellent in it. Only real issue I had with it is

Spoiler Spoiler:
Yeah I thought Oppenheimer's final line to Einstein was more than powerful enough. Don't think we needed the extra visual aid.

Back