Oppenheimer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That'll be quite the accomplishment to make this story a riveting cinematic experience. "When the first bomb goes off will the atoms keep splitting across the entire globe wiping out all human life??? I don't know, let's watch the movie to see if...we still exist," lol.
Looks OK but nothing special. Nolan needs to get back into more Sci-fi kinds of films but he's run out of high concept ideas.
I kinda agree but when you've done films like Inception, Interstellar and Tenet, what more bonkers time travel/inverted time/reality movies can you do?

I think this will be a good film, the subject matter is undoubtedly one of the most important 'achievements' by mankind, it just doesn't seem all that epic and interesting as a movie. I mean, what surprises will it have...? Happy to be proved wrong, though

Trailer looks fine, hell of a cast, but will it be enjoyable to watch?

I said the same about The Aviator though and that film is incredible.

Not one I'll be lining up to see but probably watch it in a couple years when I'm bored.

Being a bit of an atomic age collector also, I personally cannot wait to see this.

That last trailer looked great.

My dad worked dor a bit at Los Alamos for a time, so very interested.

Did i hear correct ? Will Nolan try to show why Atom Bomb was necessary with the film ? If this is true, even children will laugh at this film and every Japanese will hate this film... lol this will be another one of pretentious piece of crap Nolan films.

I get a tv movie vibe from the trailers. Sure it'll be good but just nothing special that will stick out in your mind five years from now.

Did i hear correct ? Will Nolan try to show why Atom Bomb was necessary with the film ? If this is true, even children will laugh at this film and every Japanese will hate this film... lol this will be another one of pretentious piece of crap Nolan films.
He's not trying to justify it, he's showing the enormous weight of responsibility and the consequences of one of the most important events in human history

tVQ09LQ.jpg

:ROFLMAO:

‘Oppenheimer’ Earns R Rating, Imax Film Prints Are 11 Miles Long and Weigh 600 Pounds​

Christopher Nolan’s “Oppenheimer” is officially rated R, Variety has confirmed with Universal Pictures. The film is Nolan’s first for the studio after his lengthy tenure at Warner Bros., where he directed tentpoles such as “Interstellar,” “Inception” and his Dark Knight trilogy. “Oppenheimer” will be Nolan’s first R-rated feature since 2002’s “Insomnia.”

The director confirmed last month that “Oppenheimer” is the longest movie of his career yet, running just shy of the three-hour mark. What does that mean for prints of the film? The Associated Press reports that “Oppenheimer” is so long that Imax prints are “11 miles of film stock” that “weigh some 600 pounds.” As is par for the course, Nolan shot the movie using large format film camera. Universal Pictures has now made tickets available for the film in premium theaters such as Imax 70mm, 70mm, Imax digital, 35mm, Dolby Cinema and more.

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/...k-11-miles-long-christopher-nolan-1235630631/

Oppenheimer: IMAX 70mm Screening at Only 30 Theaters Worldwide​

IMAX has announced the list of movie theaters capable of 70mm true IMAX screening and will screen Christopher Nolan’s Oppenheimer. The list contains only 30 theaters worldwide. Furthermore, Nolan confirmed that the length of the movie is 3 hours and 11 seconds. Check out the list of the 70mm IMAX theaters that will screen Oppenheimer to see if you can make it.

https://ymcinema.com/2023/06/05/oppenheimer-imax-70mm-screening-at-only-30-theaters-worldwide/

(The end of this slide has some cool videos with Nolan!)

What fountain of eternal youth does he drink from? He looks hardly any different from when he looked in 28 Days Later, over 20 years ago.

Kyle McLachlan used to be like that. The decades rolled past, and that boi simply did not change ever. I mean, not ever. Used to wonder who his plastic surgeon was, that person earned their money for sure.

Back