Oppenheimer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is anyone else gonna sit in the front row? :lol

8HUgGfR.jpg

Saw it last night. Loved it. Quite a theatrical experience. Yes, it was long but didn't feel that way until maybe the very end that was drawn out a bit... but also has some of the best parts.

The thing that impressed me most was the crowds. It was like I was teleported back to the 90's. I saw Oppenheimer in Westwood at the Village and across the street, at the Bruin, Barbie was playing. Well, Westwood hasn't been that jammed since I was a young man. It was amazing. It was great. The line for Barbie was all the way down the block -- something I haven't seen in many, many years in Westwood.

Our theater was full to capacity -- so full, the concession stand was overwhelmed and they started the movie 20 minutes past start time. This theater hasn't seen crowds like that in a very long time and was clearly understaffed for this crazy weekend. We got chants and claps going. It was really fun. Because they started late they only played one trailer -- the new Exorcist sequel trailer -- and everyone went nuts, in a good way. It made me want to see a sequel to the Exorcist, so you know the room had to have fun energy.

Anyway, Barbenheimer has brought back the movie going experience for me...

Oppenheimer at the Village theater yesterday evening...

20230722_192050.jpg

The Barbenheimer corner...

20230722_192018.jpg

The crazy Barbie line... by the time I took this picture, half the line had already moved inside...

20230722_191834.jpg

Last edited:
Saw it last night. Loved it. Quite a theatrical experience. Yes, it was long but didn't feel that way until maybe the very end that was drawn out a bit... but also has some of the best parts.

The thing that impressed me most was the crowds. It was like I was teleported back to the 90's. I saw Oppenheimer in Westwood at the Village and across the street, at the Bruin, Barbie was playing. Well, Westwood hasn't been that jammed since I was a young man. It was amazing. It was great. The line for Barbie was all the way down the block -- something I haven't seen in many, many years in Westwood.

Our theater was full to capacity -- so full, the concession stand was overwhelmed and they started the movie 20 minutes past start time. This theater hasn't seen crowds like that in a very long time and was clearly understaffed for this crazy weekend. We got chants and claps going. It was really fun. Because they started late they only played one trailer -- the new Exorcist sequel trailer -- and everyone went nuts, in a good way. It made me want to see a sequel to the Exorcist, so you know the room had to have fun energy.

Anyway, Barbenheimer has brought back the movie going experience for me...

Oppenheimer at the Village theater yesterday evening...

View attachment 651376

The Barbenheimer corner...

View attachment 651377

The crazy Barbie line... by the time I took this picture, half the line had already moved inside...

View attachment 651378
:thud: :thud: :thud:

Yeah this "Barbenheimer" craze was probably the best thing to ever happen to this movie, and got people talking about it far more than they would have otherwise.

And I noticed a surprising number of teenage girls in my theater, so I think a lot of people really were trying to make a double feature out of it.

Yeah this "Barbenheimer" craze was probably the best thing to ever happen to this movie, and got people talking about it far more than they would have otherwise.

And I noticed a surprising number of teenage girls in my theater, so I think a lot of people really were trying to make a double feature out of it.
Is this even required…

ZnjybrT.jpeg

I only like one Christopher Nolan film, I don't see this being added to the list as I don't think I have the willpower for another 3 hour snooze fest. Cillian Murphy is a great actor but my god can he put you to sleep.

Back