Oppenheimer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it true there is a 15 min sex scene with Albert Einstein and the bomb?

Oppenheimer is a masterpiece which carries a warning to mankind that many shall ignore. On a positive note upcoming films on my list include Napoleon and Flowers of The Killer Moon. 2nd September 2023 is Film Day in the UK, Equalizer 3 release with Mr Washington doing what he does best....enjoy.

Yes I have seen Barbie too.

Truly extraordinary cinema experience. Saw it at Imax 70mm film. Normally hate long films but this flew by. And yes dense, but I never found it hard to follow. A solid history lesson mixed with a Kubrickian like vision (would make a great thematic double bill with Dr Strangelove and not just for the obvious reasons). Cillian Murphy is quite extraordinary and RDJ is maybe the MVP he utterly disappears into his role and great to see him go back to the amazing character work he was doing over 10 years ago pre Iron Man. The soundtrack is staggering as well. One of Nolan’s very best.

Oh and we were talking about ads before films the other day - the film started 12 minutes after the advertised start time. Even less than I expected, maybe due to the 3+ hr run time.

9/10

Article on projecting Oppenheimer at Melbourne’s Imax:

https://amp.abc.net.au/article/102620264

Last edited:
Slightly mixed review from the Drinker. Definitely not enough to put me off. Just Nolan being Nolan.

I feel like Nolan actually downplays a lot of his usual predilections. This film first and foremost is a character piece. People talking in rooms. It reminded me a lot of JFK and I fricken adore that film.

I feel like Nolan actually downplays a lot of his usual predilections. This film first and foremost is a character piece. People talking in rooms. It reminded me a lot of JFK and I fricken adore that film.
Definitely a character piece, one should not get into this one thinking you will see much outside of Oppenheimer’s view or what he experienced. I think that is what really made this movie the great movie that it is according to me, where you as a viewer get his story and not what things led to.

And yes, the soundtrack and sound design was phenomenal!

Oppenheimer: 9/10​

A solid biopic pic , in Nolan style of a complex man.

The film is engaging and well written. Murphy is captivating as RJO, but Robert Downey really steals the film for the scenes he is in. Emily Blunts complex portrayal rounds out what is bound to be Oscar trio.

Nolan treats RJO as he was. A man who was desperately trying to separate the science from the morality of his work....and life.

In the end we get a man who life is fraught with genius and tragedy. An idealistic man, who follows a path well knowing what the outcome will be, as he feels it's inevitable.

My only complaints, is I thought the story would focus more on the creation of the bomb (which is rife with drama, (see "Fat man and Little Boy" for a better film about that).

Also, again, the Nolan curse of drowned ut dialogue is ever present, and annoying as hell.

Lastly the "spectacular" bomb explosion scene is a DUD. I mean, the clips show footage or slow fireball expansion , which is captured in many amazing photographs, but the scene show nothing of that, and looks like a regular explosion, minimizing the actual scale of the bomb. Total let down to me.

I thought the Trinity sequence was a genius move. Completely silent in the theater, extremely tense moment.
I was kinda disappointed in it actually. They show quite a bit in the trailer of the super slow fireball, and it coming to earth, nothing like that is shown....

Its was a huge letdown personally for me..
Would have paid good money for 2 minutes of this

1690501541781.jpeg

1690501601061.jpeg

I was kinda disappointed in it actually. They show quite a bit in the trailer of the super slow fireball, and it coming to earth, nothing like that is shown....

Its was a huge letdown personally for me..
Would have paid good money for 2 minutes of this
I certainly get what you mean, but for me, the way they did it gave me goosebumps. The anticipation. The feeling of you as the viewer kind of got to experience it in the same way the people on site did. The light, the silence… and then the sound.

I certainly get what you mean, but for me, the way they did it gave me goosebumps. The anticipation. The feeling of you as the viewer kind of got to experience it in the same way the people on site did. The light, the silence… and then the sound.
I think the lead up an reactions were spot on, its just to me, the explosion did not capture the intensity of the initial Triniity test.

Back