Official X-Files 2 Movie Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought it was pretty bad.

But I didn't like the end of the series and how they hooked Mulder and Scully up together. Kind of killed the interesting dynamic of their relationship for me.

Plus, there were no interesting characters introduced, and almost no familiar faces.

But I didn't like the end of the series and how they hooked Mulder and Scully up together. Kind of killed the interesting dynamic of their relationship for me.

I thought they hooked up several seasons earlier ... which makes sense considering Mulder was William's father! I always thought the interesting thing wasn't will they or won't they (because they were clearly in love as early as the second season), but rather why they deliberately kept their distance. I know it's not to everyone's taste but I think the second film was a logical conclusion to their story and in my opinion the only satisfying one. I'm talking about their personal dynamic and not "story" in terms of aliens etc.

Plus, there were no interesting characters introduced, and almost no familiar faces.

I agree with this. I would have liked to have seen Doggett and Reyes, although I thought Amanda Peet and Billy Connolly had interesting things going on.

Basically I think people hate the movie because it wasn't what they expected. Shown several weeks into a random season nobody would be complaining about it. But make it a movie a few years after the show is over and it just doesn't have that Bang! factor. Fair enough, although I prefer to evaluate the story on its own terms. Imagine they did "Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose" or "Humbug" as a movie ... fans would be complaining about those too!

There's some gorgeous snowy scenery that'll look great on BD. Plus you can get the double pack pretty cheap online. It's a great story if you can appreciate Mulder and Scully as 3D characters but if you're looking for monsters or action ... it's not here.

Where's the cheapest you found?

I thought they hooked up several seasons earlier ... which makes sense considering Mulder was William's father!

Anything post Season 6, I consider "the end of the series". ;)

I always thought the interesting thing wasn't will they or won't they (because they were clearly in love as early as the second season), but rather why they deliberately kept their distance.

I guess that's just subject to interpretation. For me it was a very deep friendship, but a platonic thing that was forced into something else.

I know it's not to everyone's taste but I think the second film was a logical conclusion to their story and in my opinion the only satisfying one. I'm talking about their personal dynamic and not "story" in terms of aliens etc.

I suppose, but since I hated that idea for those characters in general, I hoped it wouldn't be the focus of the movie like it was.

I agree with this. I would have liked to have seen Doggett and Reyes, although I thought Amanda Peet and Billy Connolly had interesting things going on.

I like both of those actors generally, but was really bored by them in this movie and felt they were pretty much wasted.

Doggett and Reyes would have been awesome to see. I liked the "investigation"/non-mythology episodes from Season 8 a lot.

Mitch Pileggi should've just stayed home for all the good use they put him to.

Basically I think people hate the movie because it wasn't what they expected. Shown several weeks into a random season nobody would be complaining about it. But make it a movie a few years after the show is over and it just doesn't have that Bang! factor. Fair enough, although I prefer to evaluate the story on its own terms. Imagine they did "Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose" or "Humbug" as a movie ... fans would be complaining about those too!

No, I had fairly low expectations already, and I didn't like the Mulder/Scully/baby plot in the series either, so no, I wouldn't have liked this as an episode either.

Watching this movie, I wonder if Chris Carter even understands why the X-Files was so appealing to begin with, or if he's totally out of touch by this point.

I just picked up "Fight the Future" for $10 sealed. This DVD is quite the difficult one to get a hold of brand new and at a decent price. Ebay prices are ridiculous on it. ($20 + shipping and up.) Have anyone of you noticed this? All of the major retailers (Amazon, Best Buy, Circuit City, etc.) are sold out and have been for a while (as in 6 + months.)

I've seen it, but never owned it and since I have all of the seasons, I figured I needed to show my support. I plan on getting the 3-disc set of "I Want to Believe" this weekend. (The "behind the scenes" footage and featurettes are a must for me on this one.)

Watching this movie, I wonder if Chris Carter even understands why the X-Files was so appealing to begin with, or if he's totally out of touch by this point.

I think he understood, but he also had a story he wanted to tell and didn't really care about pleasing the crowd. There are literally dozens of X-Files along the lines of this movie so really it shouldn't feel like it's coming from left field. We all remember the monsters and aliens but when you go back through the nine seasons there's a surprising number of episodes that just don't fit that stereotype and are slower personal dramas with mild supernatural elements.

However if you don't like the Mulder/Scully romance angle I can appreciate that it might not be your cup of tea.

I dont mind the romance angle...but he could've picked a better story then what was on screen, and keep it away from Alien stuff. Something kinda spooky, and supernatural.

I loved the Mulder/Scully pairing, but the movie was weak. The plot wasn't strong enough for a movie and would have made for a weak episode of the tv series.

Fight the Future, however, rocked. There was just enough Mulder/Scully bits in there (except for the actual kiss they cut out), and it had a stronger story with great action scenes and pacing.

I think the concept behind the "this is one for the fans" comment was relative to the story basically being a further tale of Mulder and Scully.

Fight the future was crafted in a way that folks who hadn't followed the series could check it out, enjoy it and become fans, which is what happened with me.

I Want to Believe was made for people who already know about the show and characters, if you know nothing about the X-Files, this movie would probably really suck to watch.

I believe that's what they meant when they said it's for fans, that they're just telling stories, not trying to capture big box offices and increase the size of the fandom like with the first movie.

But which fans? The ones who care more about the story of Mulder and Scully or the ones who care more about action and monsters?

Eh, I see your point there. I just always assumed that people were drawn to the X-Files because of the action and monsters, otherwise they'd be watching Law & Order SVU or something.

I loved the Mulder/Scully pairing, but the movie was weak. The plot wasn't strong enough for a movie and would have made for a weak episode of the tv series.

Fight the Future, however, rocked. There was just enough Mulder/Scully bits in there (except for the actual kiss they cut out), and it had a stronger story with great action scenes and pacing.

This is discouraging for me. I was hoping this movie was an apology for Fight the Future.

Definitely don't want an apology for Fight the Future. I thought it was a great film. And it actually seemed like a film, when IWTB didn't. Even the Mulder/Scully bits weren't enough to keep me interested in it. And this is coming from someone who has seen every episode from the first to the last.

Definitely don't want an apology for Fight the Future. I thought it was a great film. And it actually seemed like a film, when IWTB didn't.

I thought it felt like a film but then again I watch a ton of slow indie drama...

It was great to see Scully and Mulder and a cameo by one of my favorites, but I was disappointed by the film overall (I personally love the alien mytho). Scully was still hot though :D

BTW, I'm organizing a commission to make headsculpts of The Lone Gunmen, Skinner, Scully and Mulder. Let me know if you're interested or visit the thread in general collectibles!

Last edited:
I thought she looked the most beautiful in seasons 4-6. Also in Fight the Future.

She did get prettier with age.

I was going to rent this yesterday and saw that my blockbuster released their dk dvds for sale early,so I grabbed dk and left and forgot about this movie :lol

Back