Official Star Trek OS 1/6 figures petition!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You may be interested in this!

Do you know if the release in this link is the re-done one with the new effects? It doesn't mention that.... Only seen a couple of the new episodes, but it's got me re-interested in the whole thing. Have they touched up every single episode of all 3 seasons?

I think you need to step back son.
While I've seen some questions asking for copies of these heads, I haven't seen anyone saying they would do it or offering any for sale. As a matter of fact, if it were any of your business, all of the fine folks who contacted me privately were told that castings were not possible. Makes me wonder though whether you are truly anti-recasting, or just pissed off that you didn't get any.
End debate.
This thread goes back to Trek.

Wow, I guess you told me. For the record I am very much opposed to recasting. I am disappointed that I can't get the figures (yet), but I'm a patient man. I have waited 40 years for exceptional quality Star Trek figures. I can hold out a little longer.

Well, if you want these figures to get made, join the effort!
The more people show interest in this line, the more chances of it becoming a reality.

Wow, I guess you told me. For the record I am very much opposed to recasting. I am disappointed that I can't get the figures (yet), but I'm a patient man. I have waited 40 years for exceptional quality Star Trek figures. I can hold out a little longer.
And that's why we're here. It's not a recasting petition. Its one to finally get these figures made.

Well, if you want these figures to get made, join the effort!
The more people show interest in this line, the more chances of it becoming a reality.
Absolutely. Spread the word and get any Trek figure fans you know to sign up. If they want these figures I need to know about it. Without participation this line will die before it has a chance to shine.

I'm happy with Playmates' efforts, but hey, I'd never say no to more. I'd actually like Sideshow to do them (seems plausible since they have the Premium Format license) but if it's viable for SF Metropolis I'll be all over 'em.

The Gentle Gian Picard looked awesome, I hope it sees the light of day and results in TNG and TOS figures.

But still not sure who the maker was, Medicom or GG... I figured by now someone would spill the beans on it?!?

The recent announcement of a 12" Stargate figure by Diamond Select Toys - with headsculpt by Gentle Giant - made me realize that this Picard prototype is probably the same deal. After all, DST has the smaller-scale licenses for both Trek and Stargate.

And if they've got the 1/6 TNG license they probably also have the OS license, so maybe our efforts should be directed towards DST ...

sdcc25jess200cg8.jpg

sdcc25jess198ic8.jpg

sdcc25jess196gr2.jpg

The recent announcement of a 12" Stargate figure by Diamond Select Toys - with headsculpt by Gentle Giant - made me realize that this Picard prototype is probably the same deal. After all, DST has the smaller-scale licenses for both Trek and Stargate.

And if they've got the 1/6 TNG license they probably also have the OS license, so maybe our efforts should be directed towards DST ...

I can't be 100%, but my understanding is that licensing one series does not automatically insure that the others are included. More to come shortly I hope.

Not that I've seen. It was shown by GG back then, but in light of the recent developments with the Stargate 12-incher, I'd say it will be more likely a DST release.

I'm still on board in the petition to get some great 1/6 scale Star Trek Original series figures made! But, I'd also love to see the main crew from Star Trek: The Next Generation made too! Especially after seeing that amazing Capt. Picard posted on this thread. I have the Captain's Masterpiece Series Capt. Picard with the book from Playmates. It's decent, but not half as good as the one posted here. I hope these new ones get made! :D

The Playmates were a nice attempt, but the one piece unis and the oversized heads combined with the total lack of articulation make the possibility of any other 1:6 Trek more than appealing.

Last edited:
I agree that the Playmates are VERY inferior compared to the high standards and excellent sculpting and painting done by companies like Sideshow, Hot Toys, and Medicom nowadays. I really hope one of them gets the license to produce some truly incredible 1/6 scale figures. :D

Shouldn't we lobby Diamond Select as well, since evidently they have a 12" Trek license of some form, and may have more expertise/experience in figure making (though not necessarily in 12").

Back