Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it HAS to be disney/depp or whoever else is involved in likeness licensing not liking and not approving the smiling sculpt. The stern look is obviously approved.

I don't think likeness licensing has anything to do with this, considering HT has released previous Depp figures that didn't look this good. It's hard to believe that HT is having this much trouble nailing a smiling sculpt, something else might be in play here.

I don't think likeness licensing has anything to do with this, considering HT has released previous Depp figures that didn't look this good. It's hard to believe that HT is having this much trouble nailing a smiling sculpt, something else might be in play here.

very true! :lecture

maybe with so much in production they're just backed up and can't keep up with their release dates. I think the Mk V still hasn't been released yet which is pretty sad.

Even SS has a product on backorder that I've ordered (1/6 Commander Cody) that supposed to be out in august and well august is done in a couple of days and still no sign of it being shipped:dunno

I don't think the rights were his for the first series of figures they were from the studio. This and Sweeney are from Depp himself. They made a big deal about it early on. If it turns our as good a Sweeney then the wait will definitely be worth it.

I don't think the rights were his for the first series of figures they were from the studio. This and Sweeney are from Depp himself. They made a big deal about it early on. If it turns our as good a Sweeney then the wait will definitely be worth it.

Interesting, I don't remember that but I'll take your word for it :)
And I agree if they can nail a smiling or smirking Jack I'll be content waiting until Christmas, I really want to display a 1/6 Jack Sparrow that shows some emotion!

I think they are just delaying this because they wanna make sure that they top Enterbay's version on every single points.

It should start shipping, once EB's version starts to show up :rotfl

I think they are just delaying this because they wanna make sure that they top Enterbay's version on every single points.

It should start shipping, once EB's version starts to show up :rotfl

I think there's a couple factors in his ship date, 1, the feud with EB, and 2, supporting Angelica's sales, I'm guessing she hasn't been ready to show off yet, or they're not ready for her to be in production, but without some hype from Jack, she'll struggle, if she goes up for order right as folks get Jack in hand, orders will go out, of course, she'll be on a lot of cutting blocks once she ships unless say a Blackbeard or soemthing is debuted at that time, but I do think Jack's release is tied to that figure.

I think there's a couple factors in his ship date, 1, the feud with EB, and 2, supporting Angelica's sales, I'm guessing she hasn't been ready to show off yet, or they're not ready for her to be in production, but without some hype from Jack, she'll struggle, if she goes up for order right as folks get Jack in hand, orders will go out, of course, she'll be on a lot of cutting blocks once she ships unless say a Blackbeard or soemthing is debuted at that time, but I do think Jack's release is tied to that figure.

I dont think HT is delaying this so they could support Angelica's sales.

They could always use Jack's figure in the proto shot pics like what they've done with the Snipes Blade on Jessica Biel Blade figure.

Back