Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No one but HT and Sideshow knows why this is being delayed... but I love all the speculation. I should make something up. :lol

Last i checked the DVD & Blue Ray for this film were scheduled to release October 18th. If that date holds up I won't expect it any earlier than that. If that date has been pushed back I'll expect Jack on Christmas morning.

Idk if this has been asked, but will the dio fit in a Detolf? I always assumed it does, but better to be safe than sorry :D

When you say dio, are you just talking about the rudder? B/c unlike Sweeney, Jack doesn't come with a back drop, or did a miss an announcement somewhere?

I'm referring to the rudder so I don't understand the comparison to Sweeney? Sweeney's chair fits easily, you could put 6 on a Detolf shelf but the card board back drop needs to be trimmed to fit.

Yea that's what I figured so I didn't get the comparison to sweeney either :lol

It'll definitley fit in a Detolf, but may take up a whole shelf like Sweeney does b/c it is pretty big.

I was not referring to Todd's back drop nor chair either, but to the whole base. I don't think Sparrow's base will be much wider, that's why I said it must fit. You are welcome anyway.

BTW Todd's card board does NOT need to be trimmed to fit, unless you place him on the first shelf.

BTW Todd's card board does NOT need to be trimmed to fit, unless you place him on the first shelf.

..or you saying the backdrop will fit inside the second and third shelf from the top? ..because i'm pretty sure the top 3 shelfs are all the same height!:dunno .i don't care for the bottom of the detolf no figure should be displayed at floor level!:lecture

^Yes.

The thing is that the backdrop raises the crystal shelf about 2mm (could not be possible on the first one because of the top wood panel) but I think it is OK because that way it even feels more secured IMO and most importantly, you don't have to alter/trim the backdrop.

Or do as i did, trim the backdrop a tad and have sweeney in the top shelf, like a boss :)

The Sweeney back drop will not fit on the 1st 2nd or 3rd Detolf shelf without having to modify it or actually raise the glass on the shelf above and have it resting on the cardboard - which is a risk I'm not taking. I trimmed mine less than an inch and it fits perfect on any shelf now.

Anyway, I hope the DX rudder fits no problemo :D

I still think the 2mm "risk" is a better option than having to trim the cardboard an inch. To each...

I still think the 2mm "risk" is a better option than having to trim the cardboard an inch. To each...

Since the glass will be raised 2mm and will only sit on 3 edges of cardboard that are all toward the rear that's a real balancing act depending on how many figures and/or statues you have sitting on the shelf above. Like you said, to each their own but with my luck that's begging for trouble :D

Back