1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love non-human characters, that's why I made my own skiff guards and other Jabba goons. I doubt HT would deep dive into it.
09876rdfyuikgf.png

Beside vader's and 3PO preorders, i'm surprised Sideshow aren't taking advantage of Celebration to push more on Star Wars merchandise. Hot Toys might not be ready to reveal more of their plans for this year's ROTJ and TCW lines.

Besides kenobi, destroyer droids, clones and maybe watto, who else would hot toys realistically make from aotc? The name Jedi should be rots versions. I know they will kill us with clones, but not many major characters left. Hopefully this rotj line isn’t just rereleases of Luke and boba. We got 9 aotc figures. Let’s get 10 rotj because we all know ot figures are only for anniversaries now.

Besides kenobi, destroyer droids, clones and maybe watto, who else would hot toys realistically make from aotc? The name Jedi should be rots versions. I know they will kill us with clones, but not many major characters left. Hopefully this rotj line isn’t just rereleases of Luke and boba. We got 9 aotc figures. Let’s get 10 rotj because we all know ot figures are only for anniversaries now.

Not much left from AOTC realistically aside from Obi-Wan and repaints.

Don’t know if they’ll make the Geonosis Battle Droid Commander but that’s an easy repaint. I don’t think they’ll make every Clone and the previewed Commander is MIA. Captain and Lieutenant maybe, Sergeant maybe not. There are many more important Clones to make than the Skittles officers and they know it.

They’ve probably already moved on to TCW 20th Clone production and the planning for ROTS 20th.

They’re leaving money on the table by not making the Jedi but can’t see them putting in the effort at the moment when they can just push repaints.

ROTJ 40th will probably be 3-6 repaints/retools and 3-4 brand new figures. You might get your 10 but most of that’s unlikely to be all new.

They’ve probably already moved on to TCW 20th Clone production and the planning for ROTS 20th.
There's The Phantom Menace 25th next year first. 2024 and 2025 could be rich pickings for Prequels fans. About half of my top 10 most wanted would be from TPM: Queen Amidala, Obi-Wan, Jar-Jar, Anakin, Battle Droid. Then there's Nute Gunray, Watto, Droideka, C-3PO, Tatooine Padme, Senate Guards, Palpatine, Sebulba, Battle Droid variants etc. Luckily there's only two possibilities for re-release, Qui-Gon and Maul, so if they go as heavy as AOTC we could be in for a treat.

There's The Phantom Menace 25th next year first. 2024 and 2025 could be rich pickings for Prequels fans. About half of my top 10 most wanted would be from TPM: Queen Amidala, Obi-Wan, Jar-Jar, Anakin, Battle Droid. Then there's Nute Gunray, Watto, Droideka, C-3PO, Tatooine Padme, Senate Guards, Palpatine, Sebulba, Battle Droid variants etc. Luckily there's only two possibilities for re-release, Qui-Gon and Maul, so if they go as heavy as AOTC we could be in for a treat.

Meant Clone production line specifically; no Clones for TPM much to Hot Toys’s disappointment. :lol

That’s a solid list and I hope they deliver on at least some of it. Battle Droid seems a given. Good opportunity for the brown STAP and Droideka too.

TPM isn’t as big so probably not as many figures as AOTC. But even just Maul, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and a Padme with Battle Droids would make for a strong TPM display. Destroyers, Jar Jar, C-3PO, and anything else would be icing on the cake.

As much as the line needs more aliens, I think I would be upset if they made Nute “worst businessman of all time” Gunray before Admiral Ackbar though.

I’ve always liked the various Naboo uniforms so it’d be really cool to see any in figure form. Shame it won’t happen, but it’d be a cool set up with Theed Padme, guards, and battle droids.

327AA30C-9259-4F95-9412-2C1FEE18873F.jpeg

RIP Naboo guards. Keeping it real since 1999.

46ECBB45-B066-4C55-B9A9-8D30E5699FDB.jpeg

Meant Clone production line specifically; no Clones for TPM much to Hot Toys’s disappointment. :lol

That’s a solid list and I hope they deliver on at least some of it. Battle Droid seems a given. Good opportunity for the brown STAP and Droideka too.

TPM isn’t as big so probably not as many figures as AOTC. But even just Maul, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and a Padme with Battle Droids would make for a strong TPM display. Destroyers, Jar Jar, C-3PO, and anything else would be icing on the cake.

As much as the line needs more aliens, I think I would be upset if they made Nute “worst businessman of all time” Gunray before Admiral Ackbar though.

I’ve always liked the various Naboo uniforms so it’d be really cool to see any in figure form. Shame it won’t happen, but it’d be a cool set up with Theed Padme, guards, and battle droids.

View attachment 633868

RIP Naboo guards. Keeping it real since 1999.

View attachment 633869
That serves me right for sticking my nose in where it doesn't belong. If we're talking clones then ROTS is going to be a wet dream for them: Gree, Bly, Bacara, Neyo, 212th, Kashyyyk troopers, Galactic Marines (my own personal favourite) etc. Some of those will likely see release prior to 2025 (eg Gree and 212th).

As for TPM, I'm probably the only person alive who has that film in their top 5 Star Wars films, I love it (and I mean love it), it's a massive nostalgia film for me, with it being the first SW film I was alive to see in the cinema. I'm a massive fan of politics in Star Wars, and I'm not talking about Disney's idea of politics. It's just grown on me ever since, and I watch it at least 2-3 times a year every year. So I might be a bit biased when it comes to what they may or may not make.

The ones you mentioned would make a great display for sure. I always had a vision of a Detolf with Queen Amidala (in red dress) with throne top shelf, Nute Gunray flanked by a pair of Battle Droids 2nd shelf, Jar Jar and Ani 3rd shelf, and the Duel of the Fates Maul, Qui-Gon, and Obi-Wan bottom shelf. I'd probably buy just about anything from the film.

Let's face it they likely won't make Nute Gunray or Admiral Ackbar. With the recent growth of 3rd party Star Wars figures I hope characters like that are the kind they'll make.

I'd definitely be interested in those!

That serves me right for sticking my nose in where it doesn't belong. If we're talking clones then ROTS is going to be a wet dream for them: Gree, Bly, Bacara, Neyo, 212th, Kashyyyk troopers, Galactic Marines (my own personal favourite) etc. Some of those will likely see release prior to 2025 (eg Gree and 212th).

As for TPM, I'm probably the only person alive who has that film in their top 5 Star Wars films, I love it (and I mean love it), it's a massive nostalgia film for me, with it being the first SW film I was alive to see in the cinema. I'm a massive fan of politics in Star Wars, and I'm not talking about Disney's idea of politics. It's just grown on me ever since, and I watch it at least 2-3 times a year every year. So I might be a bit biased when it comes to what they may or may not make.

The ones you mentioned would make a great display for sure. I always had a vision of a Detolf with Queen Amidala (in red dress) with throne top shelf, Nute Gunray flanked by a pair of Battle Droids 2nd shelf, Jar Jar and Ani 3rd shelf, and the Duel of the Fates Maul, Qui-Gon, and Obi-Wan bottom shelf. I'd probably buy just about anything from the film.

Let's face it they likely won't make Nute Gunray or Admiral Ackbar. With the recent growth of 3rd party Star Wars figures I hope characters like that are the kind they'll make.

The discussion is certainly a welcome one. I think the potential for a TPM anniversary next year gets overshadowed being sandwiched between ROTJ/AOTC/CW and ROTS.

But since PT nostalgia and goodwill has been on an upswing, I can certainly see the possibility of more TPM figures. And you’re definitely not the only one with the film in their top 5. I’ve seen plenty of people speak fondly of their nostalgia for it.

It was a unique time for Star Wars that heralded a new era. Despite not being able to live up to the insane hype, nothing quite like its lead up and launch - including the sheer amount of Pepsi tie-ins - will happen again since we’re in an age of constant content.

93358C9E-2C51-4451-B005-AF097D7DD648.jpeg

The movie for me is a little bit of an odd one out not being part of the ROTS/TCW/AOTC triumvirate but it still has great visuals and memorable moments that would translate well to modern figures.

And I agree, the Galactic Marines are one of my favorite Clone designs as well. Criminally underrepresented as figures. I hope Hot Toys makes them and Scouts, especially for the added variety.

F948E86B-1743-428F-B2AF-275655B7DD2B.gif

I'm telling ya, a well made Jar-Jar would sell pretty well, I think. He's pretty iconic for some good and bad reasons. I'd pick him up 100%
Definitely!

The Phantom Menace was the first Star Wars movie I saw at the cinema. I already was a huge Star Wars fan, having seen the OT on TV and having them taped on VCR. :lol

I remember my heart racing when the opening crawl for TPM started, I was so excited to finally see a Star Wars movie at the cinema. And where other people might have been dissapointed I absolutely loved it. Still do. It might not be the best Star Wars movie but it has heart and is very nostalgic to me. It certainly has some very memorable moments. From the invasion of Naboo, to the podrace and the awesome lightsaber battle in the end. Which is one of the best in the whole series as far as I'm concerned.

And while I didn't expect Jar Jar to be the bumbling fool that he was, I still liked him as a character and especially his design, so if Hot Toys makes one, it will definitely be a day one pre-order.

The discussion is certainly a welcome one. I think the potential for a TPM anniversary next year gets overshadowed being sandwiched between ROTJ/AOTC/CW and ROTS.

But since PT nostalgia and goodwill has been on an upswing, I can certainly see the possibility of more TPM figures. And you’re definitely not the only one with the film in their top 5. I’ve seen plenty of people speak fondly of their nostalgia for it.

It was a unique time for Star Wars that heralded a new era. Despite not being able to live up to the insane hype, nothing quite like its lead up and launch - including the sheer amount of Pepsi tie-ins - will happen again since we’re in an age of constant content.

View attachment 633873

The movie for me is a little bit of an odd one out not being part of the ROTS/TCW/AOTC triumvirate but it still has great visuals and memorable moments that would translate well to modern figures.

And I agree, the Galactic Marines are one of my favorite Clone designs as well. Criminally underrepresented as figures. I hope Hot Toys makes them and Scouts, especially for the added variety.

View attachment 633872
I remember those Pepsi cans, I wonder if anyone still has an unopened collection of them? Also that pervy Jar Jar Binks tongue lolly they marketed at kids.

The movie certainly had some beautiful costume designs in it. So glad to hear there a few other fans out there at least haha.

I remember those Pepsi cans, I wonder if anyone still has an unopened collection of them? Also that pervy Jar Jar Binks tongue lolly they marketed at kids.

The movie certainly had some beautiful costume designs in it. So glad to hear there a few other fans out there at least haha.
I think I had the complete Pepsi (blue cans) collection back in the day. Opened and empty, but I threw them away at some point.

Don't think they had the other ones over here. Mountain Dew was introduced here much later.

I remember that weird lolly tongue thing :lol

Back