1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I disagree. All dependent on the character. People are forking out thousands for Prime 1's 1/4 pieces.

Hot Toys can do highly detailed figures at a third of the price but choose to only make iron and bat men.
Yeah but there are statue people and there are figure people and that twain rarely meets so it’s not really fair to compare is it? But it’s true that HT are lazy and rarely willing to take risks, I’m sure a Stormtrooper or even a Luke would be strong sellers in 1/4. We just need to smash their socials with demands I guess. It’s the only way to be sure.

I'm still a bit surprised that 1/4 Trooper hasn't made it to solicitation. I reckon it'd do well as multiples are favored. Shooze, they could rerelease the 1/4 Vader along with it and sales would more than likely ramp up!
There would be people who would buy 2 of them to pair with Vader. But with Hot Toys we know they would release 1000 Ironmen before a single OT figure. :monkey4

So this 1/4 Stormtrooper is a miss (pun intended) :(

You know you are talking about a company that is pumping up venomized characters, right?

Yeah I know I know :lol They'll put out a Venomized Stormtrooper before that happens :lol

How about a 1/4 scale ROTJ Luke instead?

A 1/4 ROTJ Luke would go hand in hand with Vader!! :panic: The head sculpt would definitely have to include the rolling eye feature and be spot on!!

There would be people who would buy 2 of them to pair with Vader. But with Hot Toys we know they would release 1000 Ironmen before a single OT figure. :monkey4

Yep! If it were to release, I think I'd probably get a trio, or maybe even a quartet! It does seem Ht are just barely trickling out the OT releases, but then again at the moment they're focusing on pumping out PT/TCW and the the show figures, so the OT seems put on hold.

So this 1/4 Stormtrooper is a miss (pun intended) :(

Too funny! :rotfl

Last edited:
I do wonder why they haven't gone deeper into 1/4 scale Star Wars. With the improvements in their likenesses recently,

Yeah I also do wonder why they don't foray into the QS line more fervently, but of course some speculation suggests the 1/4 figures aren't majorly popular. They're only up to QS023 thus far, so releases are few and far between, and even with IM being one of the more popular characters they've still yet to put up the Mark II and VI they've showcased. More SW 1/4 would be great to see, I can just imagine an ESB Fett, ANH Vader, R2D2, that Stormtrooper, etc.

I would think a 1/4 scale Luke, Han, Leia would be huge sellers, along with the usual masked characters...

Yeah! Luke, Leia, and Han would no doubt look incredible in the quarter scale format! One of my biggest HT Star Wars wants is a 1/4 ANH Princess Leia, that would be the endgame for me :thud:

Hot Toys opened up a new store, some photos of the event.

Both Inquisitors are up along with the B1 Battle Droid (tan) on the STAP, maybe we'll actually see those go up this year.

The proto General Kenobi is actually up too, which is neat to see.

338370735_768929081126807_5275079195174599703_n.jpg

338573325_746567367027253_1626825075100219715_n.jpg
339051450_607170377976853_664794953601771099_n.jpg
339256454_245449754602914_5784759634104341172_n.jpg

Same, others have noticed it.

Unfortunately, I feel like most collectors will rather have TCW Kenobi over him.

Pretty crazy that you can pick up Cody and ROTJ Leia at the store too. Wonder how much stock they have of those 2.

It looks like they did away with the squinting eyes. Night and day with the first proto.

Back