1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They look a lot better than the lobster versions in TLJ. They remind me a bit of the Mandalorians from the Old Republic.

It made me think of the older Senate Guard helmet, fused with the Royal Guard dome and the mandible flares new Imperial helmet designs tend to have.

Also reminded me of the Sith Troopers from KOTOR as well.

52A4D46B-9E3C-400B-BA46-505A11428981.jpeg

4AE627C2-27ED-4D03-A82C-9E93742DEDFD.jpeg

Definite improvement over the TLJ bug zapper helmets. Too bad they get a massive downgrade in a couple decades much like a lot of things in the universe.

5C8E4206-13DC-4978-82F8-A82C5E78F10A.jpeg

Glad I wasn't the only one! I was thinking old school The Old Republic, which makes sense with Gideon and his obsession with the Mandalorian culture.

They were provided to him by the Imperial Shadow Council so I don’t think he chose the design.

Otherwise they probably would’ve been in full Mandalorian cosplay like him. :lol

Last edited:
I went right to this too. I'm under the impression that they were trying to combine the way they looked in TLJ with the Royal Guard look from ROTJ, but my mind went straight to The Old Republic. My desperate mind was hoping it was an easter egg to it becoming canon again lol
Those KOTOR Mandos were definitely taking off the whole Royal Guard helmet look to start with, so what you say makes a lot of sense. The Old Republic will always be canon in my mind whether Disney deems it so or not. The best era in the entirety of Star Wars imo.

@MyenShi can see that with the Sith Troopers. Still, despite the influences, I'm not completely sold on them. They're going a little too much towards FO troopers for my liking. I'm just not a fan of the bright garish colours and super-clean armour look of the FO designs.

That is definitely not the reason we're not getting more OT
Lando is a major OT character and stores can’t get rid of his figure even on discount. I can’t help but imagine that’s a small factor in HT not making other OT characters like Piett, Veers, Jerjerrod, Wedge, Biggs, whoever else. If the major characters aren’t selling they might fear the smaller characters won’t either.

Guys I know this is not related but I need to ask this.I pre-ordered the R2-D2 AOTC at Popcultcha a couple weeks ago and yesterday they charge me in full including shipping and everything. Is that their usual way to do it? On their website it shows only as "to be charge". I'm confused whats hapening, I wrote them an email and nothing. They never send me any email telling me that they charge me for this pre-order I just noticed it on my credit card statement Any thoughts?

Lando is a major OT character and stores can’t get rid of his figure even on discount. I can’t help but imagine that’s a small factor in HT not making other OT characters like Piett, Veers, Jerjerrod, Wedge, Biggs, whoever else. If the major characters aren’t selling they might fear the smaller characters won’t either.

Nah, he was just in part of the group that was vastly overproduced. That's why they still have Ahsoka, Rex, Gideon, Armorer, etc.

The ones you mention would probably not fare any better than Lando, but you said "more OT". There are several other OT figures that would virtually fly off the shelves if only HT decided to release them. While at it I'll personally sign myself up for some fresh ROTJ Gamorreans.

And that 2 blaster pack will be a deluxe!

It would be funny if they made the standard with no jetpack, no flamer, and no weapons. The 3 minute prisoner version.

But I’m guessing we’ll get…

Din Djarin S3 - Alternate jetpack, alternate weapons, Grogu.

Super Commando

Praetorian Guard

Maybe IG-12 and Moff Gideon. I only say maybe because the previous versions are going to be in stock forever.

If they throw in Bo-Karan’s new shoulder armor with Din or IG-12 then that would be great.

I'd love to finally see a HT TIE pilot. We've seen them in Andor and now again in this show. It's time Hot Toys.

Besides that... maybe a tan battle droid with the oilcan straw thing from the bar scene and an S3 Bo but don't really want anything else right now.

Overall I'm hoping we'll see some regular Stormtrooper, Sandtrooper or Snowtrooper sometime soon.

I'd love to finally see a HT TIE pilot. We've seen them in Andor and now again in this show. It's time Hot Toys.

Besides that... maybe a tan battle droid with the oilcan straw thing from the bar scene and an S3 Bo but don't really want anything else right now.

Overall I'm hoping we'll see some regular Stormtrooper, Sandtrooper or Snowtrooper sometime soon.
Me too. A return to imperial troopers would be nice. No new figures, just finish off the OT line. But with Lando and Luke sales being so bad, I don't think they're eager to get back.....

Back