1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doldrums.jpg

Were due for some troopers I think too, maybe next year between Andor, Book of Boba, Kenobi and S3 of Mando.

It's been a few years since the ROTJ 2 pack.

Yeah I hope so! lol would like to nab a few if that happens.

Watch eBay for an ANH stormtrooper set, they show up from time to time and usually go for $500. $250 per sold-out trooper is not too bad.

Thanks! Though, they seem to go fast! :panic:

CW Ahsoka has gotta be next to release, she wasn’t far behind Rex as it should be.

They probably will. I paid £80 for my first HT. :lol

Hypothetically I wonder what the breaking point will be with price where HT doesn't have enough of a customer base to remain viable. Clearly they still seem to have plenty for now.

It's not just HT though, I see Iron Studios is now trying to charge over $1k for a standard 1/4 statue. It wasn't that long ago I bought their Vader for around $600.

Hypothetically I wonder what the breaking point will be with price where HT doesn't have enough of a customer base to remain viable. Clearly they still seem to have plenty for now.

It's not just HT though, I see Iron Studios is now trying to charge over $1k for a standard 1/4 statue. It wasn't that long ago I bought their Vader for around $600.
Surely there has to be a breaking point. Imagine $1K for a HT - although I'm sure people would still buy at that price! 😳😳😳

I’m not sure why there’s outrage for Dengar who was essentially an Easter egg. He wasn’t even named in film and the connection was only made in the Visual Dictionary. It’s incredibly easy to ignore the character and/or it’s backstory. This type of criticism/outrage is honestly ridiculous to me. And there are many valid criticisms of the ST. The fact he became more cybernetic doesn’t seem unlikely considering his age during the ST. It was intended as a fun nod, not a way to denigrate or trash an OT character.

There's outrage for several reasons, but suffice it to say this whole trilogy was so bad they could not even get little details like this right. It felt like a giant F-you to fans.

But not only minor characters suffered: look what they did to Luke.

p.s. I am not paying $1000 for any HT. It better be a triple-pack with a life-size vehicle mockup for that.

George Lucas got so fed up with fans opinions he sold Star Wars. Wouldn't surprise me if he told Kennedy to ignore what the fans say because you can't please them all...and then she took it too far and ignored his ideas too.
I think the 4 BILLION dollars might’ve had something to do with it… 😁

Surely there has to be a breaking point. Imagine $1K for a HT - although I'm sure people would still buy at that price! 😳😳😳
We're already creeping into dangerous territory. The recent Yelina figure is up for $270 and there's not a lot going on with that figure. Similar GOT releases from ThreeZero are still under $200 and Asmus recent Helm's Deep Legolas has more accessories and armor than Yelina and the non-display piece edition is $190.

Not to say ThreeZero and Asmus are Hot Toys quality, but they've been improving with their releases. Hot Toys *does* have pricier licenses, but there's no way they can keep skyrocketing their prices and expect to keep tons of customers. Especially with the prices of essential everyday good going up too.

Once they hit $300 for a standard figure I think there's gonna be an exodus. They already have good quality versions of the most popular characters from all their franchises out, it's just new collectors who are getting screwed. And who is jumping in at those prices?

We've gone through several "breaking points" for 1/6 figures, in the past, and collector numbers continue to grow as the prices continue to rise.

There were griping when figures broke the $50, $75, $100, $150 and $200 cost marks. $250 is the new "average" price and people grunt but continue clicking on the "order" buttons...

Personally, I've basically reached my pricing threshold some time ago. If it wasn't for reward points, discount offers and finding those rare sale prices or used figure sales, my purchases would be quite minimal.

The only positive (for me) with higher prices is that I've become even more selective with my purchases, helping my already filled to capacity display space.

I guess that's fair. I remember people getting annoyed when they hit $200 as the bottom price point, but people did keep on buying, myself included.

That said, I think collectors have been able to justify a $100, $200, $250...even $300 purchase. I don't know how long people will shrug it off as we inch closer to say, the $400-450 range. We'll be there by 2025 at this rate.

Just quality content and HT quality construction just do it for me. I've gotten rid of all other spending (comics, miniatures, blurays) to focus on HT. Really in 2014 is when I took off with HT (Cap TWS - 2 Caps and WS, Star Lord) then I have been getting around 5 every year. 2016, 17, 19 I got 5 a year. I try to be picky, but so much quality content and big names I've waited for.

I've stayed away from the regular troopers and just go for unique characters, although for Cap/Batman/Spidey I've gotten multiple variations of. If Hot Toys had a more steady stream of OT stuff, I might have gotten more than the 3 that I have so far. Sold Kylo and got Heavy Mando to round out SW so far for me.

There's outrage for several reasons, but suffice it to say this whole trilogy was so bad they could not even get little details like this right. It felt like a giant F-you to fans.

But not only minor characters suffered: look what they did to Luke.

p.s. I am not paying $1000 for any HT. It better be a triple-pack with a life-size vehicle mockup for that.
-Several reasons but not a single reason given

-Luke I get because it is well documented and explored but Dengar has no dialogue or characterization on screen just like ESB

-Yes, I understand the ST is ardently hated by plenty and poorly executed but still doesn’t explain Dengar

-Several reasons but not a single reason given

-Luke I get because it is well documented and explored but Dengar has no dialogue or characterization on screen just like ESB

-Yes, I understand the ST is ardently hated by plenty and poorly executed but still doesn’t explain Dengar

I'm not listing 500 reasons because this issue [the ST] has been hashed, re-hashed and re-re-hashed on this forum one million times. I'm not doing it again. And many forumites would not thank me if I did, because they're sick of hearing it.

"has no dialogue or characterization on screen" <---------------- the problem

Perhaps Im in the minority here, but I dont love this character or that one mainly based on what they do *onscreen.* In fact, usually not. I love them because of what I know about them from other sources, as let's face it many SW movies ["many," haha try most] are problematic for one reason or another.

Look, if you're not a fan of Dengar or any other character, cool. I get that. Let's not pretend that Disney trashing characters because they find it funny, or edgy or whatever is an okay thing to do. Except for "Mandalorian," I do not AT! ALL! get the sense that Disney handles this franchise onscreen with one iota of respect. We'll see what happens with some of these other shows, justify your redemption Disney.

[Edit: Well, okay Rogue One and Solo were handled pretty well. other than that my movie comment stands.]

Back