1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I request elaboration.

You asked.

Ugh.

7ri4mvba39x41dengar.jpg

I'm not listing 500 reasons because this issue [the ST] has been hashed, re-hashed and re-re-hashed on this forum one million times. I'm not doing it again. And many forumites would not thank me if I did, because they're sick of hearing it.

"has no dialogue or characterization on screen" <---------------- the problem

Perhaps Im in the minority here, but I dont love this character or that one mainly based on what they do *onscreen.* In fact, usually not. I love them because of what I know about them from other sources, as let's face it many SW movies ["many," haha try most] are problematic for one reason or another.

Look, if you're not a fan of Dengar or any other character, cool. I get that. Let's not pretend that Disney trashing characters because they find it funny, or edgy or whatever is an okay thing to do. Except for "Mandalorian," I do not AT! ALL! get the sense that Disney handles this franchise onscreen with one iota of respect. We'll see what happens with some of these other shows, justify your redemption Disney.

[Edit: Well, okay Rogue One and Solo were handled pretty well. other than that my movie comment stands.]
Preach brother...

I'm not listing 500 reasons because this issue [the ST] has been hashed, re-hashed and re-re-hashed on this forum one million times. I'm not doing it again. And many forumites would not thank me if I did, because they're sick of hearing it.

"has no dialogue or characterization on screen" <---------------- the problem

Perhaps Im in the minority here, but I dont love this character or that one mainly based on what they do *onscreen.* In fact, usually not. I love them because of what I know about them from other sources, as let's face it many SW movies ["many," haha try most] are problematic for one reason or another.

Look, if you're not a fan of Dengar or any other character, cool. I get that. Let's not pretend that Disney trashing characters because they find it funny, or edgy or whatever is an okay thing to do. Except for "Mandalorian," I do not AT! ALL! get the sense that Disney handles this franchise onscreen with one iota of respect. We'll see what happens with some of these other shows, justify your redemption Disney.

[Edit: Well, okay Rogue One and Solo were handled pretty well. other than that my movie comment stands.]
Okay, but I’m not asking for a retread or debate of the whole ST.I only asked specifically why you feel Dengar was mistreated or bastardized. I just don’t see Dengar’s new appearance and backstory in the Visual Dictionary as meaningful. I definitely agree that the EU is where a LOT of meaning comes from and love for characters. I read Tales of the Bounty Hunters as a kid and I know the explanation for Dengar’s injuries from a swoop bike race against Han. I know his role in helping Fett after he escaped the Sarlaac pit.

What I don’t understand is why his damaged appearance differs from his EU explanation of suffering debilitating injuries. It’s merely a continuation of the same injuries and eventual fully cybernetic transition. Is it because the description states he’s pitifully extending his life and wanting to live as long as possible? Is it because he looks uglier and less interesting and more of a freak show?

“That’s not Dengar” is the easiest head-cannon ever conjured. Absolutely no reason another creator could not come along and do something else with the character, if he absolutely must be seen again.

More like "that's not Star Wars" if you happen to catch an unfortunate glimpse of the Sequel Trilogy.

“That’s not Dengar” is the easiest head-cannon ever conjured. Absolutely no reason another creator could not come along and do something else with the character, if he absolutely must be seen again.

I am hoping to see him in BoBF, and to put this stupid ST story-group "joke" behind us once and for all.

I'd like to see the entire "sinister six" there tbh, esp. Bossk. We'll see what happens.

I am hoping to see him in BoBF, and to put this stupid ST story-group "joke" behind us once and for all.

I'd like to see the entire "sinister six" there tbh, esp. Bossk. We'll see what happens.
Dengar is essentially the Kuiil for Boba. Just makes sense to get him above all others, although I'm sure Favy knows he should get those others in too.

Dengar is essentially the Kuiil for Boba. Just makes sense to get him above all others, although I'm sure Favy knows he should get those others in too.

I wouldn't call him Boba's Kuill, more like "This is one of the few people who has worked with Fett more than once, and lived to tell the tale, and who is generally tolerated by Fett."

I think Dengar would be fine with being a lot friendlier with Fett, but Fett's like "NOPE."

Dengar even emerged relatively unscathed from "War of..." which a lot of people could not make the same claim, to say the very least. I'm a little annoyed we did not find out what happened re Dengar's problematic debt and what happened to Manaroo. They better not kill her.

Giving Dengar (if that is him) that look allows them to tell his story down the road without worrying about casting actors based on their likeness to the original actor. Just my guess.

So HT are showing freaking Cosbabys, like there's no tomorrow... Hopefully we'll get a 1/6th announcement this week as well, and preferably a Star Wars one...

But it'll probably be the the Angelina Eternal this week.

Yeah..the last few months have been nothing special for us.

I was hoping for surprise reveals for us, similar to last year with Lando, a few of the TCW announcements, etc, but nothing since the Scout Trooper.

I seriously believe they're holding stuffs until Book of Boba is officially aired.
I could see them doing that for the Fennec figure seeing she's a major part of Book of Boba, but there's no reason they are keeping back Vanth, Reeves and the other guy. The fact that it takes this long between the first showing of the prototypes and the actual announcement gives me hope they are working on headsculpts.

Or they could've scrapped them alltogether... HT works in mysterious ways...

I could see them doing that for the Fennec figure seeing she's a major part of Book of Boba, but there's no reason they are keeping back Vanth, Reeves and the other guy. The fact that it takes this long between the first showing of the prototypes and the actual announcement gives me hope they are working on headsculpts.

Reeves might not be made, as someone posted, Sasha Banks liking Instagram posts created some controversy. Because she liked some of these posts that dealt with the pandemic, she was criticized as being anti vax and we all know how Disney feels about certain beliefs and/or comments made on social medial:nono. I pray that she does not go the way of Gina.....who knows?:huh

Now give us at least some figures before Book of Boba!

Last edited:
With the lull for Star Wars, I hoped this would be a time to get a few ot/pt/cw releases out. Instead we get nothing for 2 months.

Maybe they’re keeping Cobb Vanth back because they know something we don’t. It’s quite well known at this point he’s in BOBF, so he probably has a new look. Fingers crossed we have some flashback scenes with him wearing the Boba armour. Isn’t he supposed to be the lead in the delayed Rangers of the New Republic show? At least that’s what’s being reported. So, we will get a Cobb Vanth/Olyphant HT at some point, it’s just the window of opportunity for that Boba armour look is closing rapidly.

Back