1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since it is clear that even vaccinated people (I’m vaccinated) can also spread covid, I’m not sure, at this juncture, what theclient’s point is about safety on set. It’s political, and nothing to do with covid safety.

It is indeed only rumor and conjecture at this point. Until someone goes on the record we will never know.
I just do not see it as completely political. If there is a hypothetical mandate on set, and an actor hypothetically refuses to go along with that mandate, it’s up to their employer whether they are worth the trouble to keep around. I’m not in the business, but I do know it costs a lot of money to shut down a production. Some studios might see a (hypothetically) proudly unvaccinated actor as a financial liability.

Last edited:
It is indeed only rumor and conjecture at this point. Until someone goes on the record we will never know.
I just do not see it as completely political. If there is a hypothetical mandate on set, and an actor hypothetically refuses to go along with that mandate, it’s up to their employer whether they are worth the trouble to keep around. I’m not in the business, but I do know it costs a lot of money to shut down a production. Some studios might see a (hypothetically) proudly unvaccinated actor as a financial liability.

What you describe is a "the blind leading the blind" scenario.

Disney is certainly an authority on moral high ground. I wonder if the people forced into Chinese detention camps or people like Jon Boyega(removed from marketing material in China) would agree?
You bring up an excellent point. Disney is a business so they will protect their assets and choose profit over politics. It is never about morality though they may justify it as so but that’s just marketing. It is certainly a type of corporate pandering but that’s what their projections and data metrics probably predict. It’s why many corporations have taken similar stances in regards to anti vax or Covid misinformation, they will embrace the majority or the majority of sale potential even if alienating the minority. It’s why people like Gina lost their job and why people like Mark are encouraged.

You bring up an excellent point. Disney is a business so they will protect their assets and choose profit over politics. It is never about morality though they may justify it as so but that’s just marketing. It is certainly a type of corporate pandering but that’s what their projections and data metrics probably predict. It’s why many corporations have taken similar stances in regards to anti vax or Covid misinformation, they will embrace the majority or the majority of sale potential even if alienating the minority. It’s why people like Gina lost their job and why people like Mark are encouraged.

If it was all about profit with Disney we never would have got the Sequel Trilogy. They are definitely driven by their politics as well as profits.

If it was all about profit with Disney we never would have got the Sequel Trilogy. They are definitely driven by their politics as well as profits.
The reason we got the ST is because of profits. If they used any ideas from old stories and old books they would have to pay those people. They wanted everything new to be based on their created stuff. It's why both Star Wars land and the rides are all post OT based. Even the comics they do now, they're tryig to work in why anyone would be going to Exegol. They're still trying to wrap everything into the ST.

The reason we got the ST is because of profits. If they used any ideas from old stories and old books they would have to pay those people. They wanted everything new to be based on their created stuff. It's why both Star Wars land and the rides are all post OT based. Even the comics they do now, they're tryig to work in why anyone would be going to Exegol. They're still trying to wrap everything into the ST.

The point is, if Disney wanted the most money they would have made the type of movies most Star Wars fans wanted. Instead we got what Kathleen Kennedy wanted.

The point is, if Disney wanted the most money they would have made the type of movies most Star Wars fans wanted. Instead we got what Kathleen Kennedy wanted.
The points aren’t mutually exclusive. The ST is a strange paradox between too much and too little studio/executive involvement. There are many examples of movies ran by committee that execs believe will generate the most profit. I do not believe a political agenda was prioritized. We got what was expected really, mostly retread and some interesting visuals with a weak story and a ton of wasted potential.

Everyone agrees there should have been a framework and a plan laid out rather than a hodgepodge of creators making anything resembling Star Wars. Likely all this experimentation was a litmus test to see what works and how much is tolerable. Fortunately, it appears at least for the time being that profit margins and fan outcry has motivated Lucasfilm to create better content but maybe it was just luck that we got Favreau.
4465FB8F-82BC-4489-BE00-CE2E1B5D8F31.jpeg

George Lucas got so fed up with fans opinions he sold Star Wars. Wouldn't surprise me if he told Kennedy to ignore what the fans say because you can't please them all...and then she took it too far and ignored his ideas too.

The points aren’t mutually exclusive. The ST is a strange paradox between too much and too little studio/executive involvement. There are many examples of movies ran by committee that execs believe will generate the most profit. I do not believe a political agenda was prioritized. We got what was expected really, mostly retread and some interesting visuals with a weak story and a ton of wasted potential.

Everyone agrees there should have been a framework and a plan laid out rather than a hodgepodge of creators making anything resembling Star Wars. Likely all this experimentation was a litmus test to see what works and how much is tolerable. Fortunately, it appears at least for the time being that profit margins and fan outcry has motivated Lucasfilm to create better content but maybe it was just luck that we got Favreau.View attachment 543143

:slap :slap :slap

See, youd think paying those former authors so you could get films that fans wanted to see would be money well spent. But no. As if Disney were some outfit that really, really has to cut every last dollar possible. Bollocks.

I will never alter my opinion that the ST was made by people who had no idea what they were doing. Through all three films, they still never got a clue. Sad.

My feelings about the ST can best be summed up by how they treated Dengar. You saw him for half a second. And still, the outrage, the fury and a bit of a broken heart i felt stays with me. How dared they treat him like that?! How dared they treat such a beloved franchise like that. Very symbolic.

See, youd think paying those former authors so you could get films that fans wanted to see would be money well spent. But no. As if Disney were some outfit that really, really has to cut every last dollar possible. Bollocks.

I will never alter my opinion that the ST was made by people who had no idea what they were doing. Through all three films, they still never got a clue. Sad.

My feelings about the ST can best be summed up by how they treated Dengar. You saw him for half a second. And still, the outrage, the fury and a bit of a broken heart i felt stays with me. How dared they treat him like that?! How dared they treat such a beloved franchise like that. Very symbolic.
Right it’s easy to make these determinations after the fact but hindsight is 20/20. No one knew the original EU would experience a resurgence. The majority opinion at the time was to follow Lucas’ dismissive attitude toward it. And who can blame fans in the spring time of the ST? No one could have anticipated the issues experienced. Many fans only gained newfound appreciation/nostalgia for the EU after the ST neared its end.

I’m not sure why there’s outrage for Dengar who was essentially an Easter egg. He wasn’t even named in film and the connection was only made in the Visual Dictionary. It’s incredibly easy to ignore the character and/or it’s backstory. This type of criticism/outrage is honestly ridiculous to me. And there are many valid criticisms of the ST. The fact he became more cybernetic doesn’t seem unlikely considering his age during the ST. It was intended as a fun nod, not a way to denigrate or trash an OT character.

George Lucas got so fed up with fans opinions he sold Star Wars. Wouldn't surprise me if he told Kennedy to ignore what the fans say because you can't please them all...and then she took it too far and ignored his ideas too.
JJ definitely had to take this approach for his sanity and this influenced his “play it safe” model for the ST which after TLJ seemed like backpedaling and resulted in no one being appeased. Trying to appeal to everyone leads to no one being happy. Rian took this approach to ignoring criticism to an extreme from the very beginning during preproduction, he already knew his work would be divisive. Obviously his defensiveness after the fact and hostility were a product of his hardened approach. Rather than accept criticism or discuss it he just doubled down or lumped all critics in the same group.

Tonight is the night fellas, Bespin Luke, General Kenobi and Padme all go up for pre-order and we finally get production photos of Ahsoka.

...:(

I hope everybody knows Hot Toys will release a Jane Foster/Thor before they release Padme.

...That started off as a joke but, the more I think about it, the more I'm realizing that may actually be fact.

What's the next OT announcement? Has anything been shown recently that's not up for pre-order, outside the usual suspects (Death Star trooper, variant Sandtrooper, etc.)?

What's the next OT announcement? Has anything been shown recently that's not up for pre-order, outside the usual suspects (Death Star trooper, variant Sandtrooper, etc.)?

I don't think there is anything. I bet we see ROTJ Vader soon as they currently don't have any versions of him for sale.

Back