New Universal Monsters @ Toyfair!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadCow

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just found this photo from the Diamond booth and there looks to be a new Mummy figure/statue!!! The clone is the UCS which are 18" so this looks to be able 12" tall.

watermark.php

Has anyone else heard anything yet?

It will probably be 1:12 Scale. Most companies with sculpted figures will have the 2 up Prototypes shown at Toy Fair or other conventions. So that Mummy is likely twice the size of the final figure. So don't get your hopes up for 12" figures.

It will probably be 1:12 Scale. Most companies with sculpted figures will have the 2 up Prototypes shown at Toy Fair or other conventions. So that Mummy is likely twice the size of the final figure. So don't get your hopes up for 12" figures.

I personally don't care either way, just happy to see something good getting made. :)

Well we can now confirm that Diamond does have the license:

Courtesy of CTR:

IMG_2598.JPG

Awwww.... I thought you might have meant a new line of PFs...
Oh well. At least some peeps are glad to hear about the minimates.

Doesn't Sideshow still have the 1/6 license?

Wonder if Diamond will make any 18" Monsters.

And that Clone Trooper looks aweful.

These were discussed over at the UMA awhile back. Someone over there had looked into exactly who held what licenses to produce what and discovered these. The figures are supposed to be 8" or 1/6 scale. Frankenstein, Dracula, Wolfman and mummy to get the ball rolling.

More pics of Creechie minis:

https://www.diamondselecttoys.com/article.asp?ai=91805

Those look GREAT! And they're getting the SSE treatment too! :banana

I'm most excited about the Minimates of course, but the MEGO toys could also be cool. The Frankenstein monster looks like a direct update of the 3 3/4" figure of him I had as a kid.

https://www.cooltoyreview.com/TF2010/DST/image91.asp

I'm guessing those "Monsters Select" figures will be in the same scale as the "Marvel Select" figures--so, 6 inches or so tall.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Ultimate Quarter Scale versions of these characters, either, which would be cool (DST did show prototypes of Marvel comic Captain America and Deadpool yesterday).

Back