I need a dio of the Carbon Chamber stairs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpf1138

Super Freak
Reaction score
I am looking to either buy or build a 1/6 scale diorama of the stairs from the carbon freezing chamber in ESB. I intend to recreate the scene of the very first time Luke and Vader duel. I will use my HT ESB Vader and pre-ordered ESB Luke with cathode sabers (which I have yet to purchase.)
Needs to have lights in the stairs and the blue light and fog behind the railing in the background. The railing and fog itself could be a matte background with a backlight, but I want to build the stairs in scale.
If anyone knows where I could simply buy this or commission it I would prefer that. If not, any tips to help me accomplish building this would be awesome! I am pretty handy, but have never built any custom dioramas. Could be a fun learning experience, and I am a perfectionist, so it would probably turn out pretty awesome.
Forgive me if this has a thread already, I couldn't find one for this specifically.

Edit: after considering my options, I've decided I'd like to try and build this myself. Seems like a relatively easy first project to tackle. I have several original set photos saved and have begun measuring and drawing plans. I'm wondering what kind of plastic to use to build out the actual stairs. Something easy to work with, that cuts and sands clean, yet strong enough to be sturdy. I have found the lights I will use behind the stairs, small LED strips. I've also found a good translucent plastic to create the red/orange "ports" on each step. Any and all suggestions for this build are more than welcome. I will of course post pictures of my progress as I build. I plan to get started once I finish my Lego UCS Millennium Falcon, which should be a done in couple of weeks 🙂 Again, any and all input will be hugely appreciated. Suggestions for plastic for the stairs? I do want to build the full stair case and platform.

Photo is what I'm trying to accomplish

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220810-034358_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20220810-034358_YouTube.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Back