New TERMINATOR role for Arnold Schwarzenegger ....?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RESIN1

Super Freak
Reaction score
He always said he'd be back!:exactly:
Will Arnold Schwarzenegger's New Terminator Be The Real Deal?
15 May 2011 12:00 AM, PDT | Uinterview.com | See recent Uinterview.com news »

A new Terminator is being shopped around. Justin Lin, of Fast and Furious fame, will be in the director’s chair. Series creator, James Cameron is nowhere in sight. However, Arnold Schwarzenegger, the original star of the series, is making his return, not only to Terminator, but also to the big screen. Since his stint as governor of California, Schwarzenegger has not had any major acting roles. In fact, his last starring role was in Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines. And arguably, his last truly great role was in Terminator 2: Judgment Day. It seems fitting that Schwarzenegger should make his return to acting with possibly his most well known character.

When Arnold announced his return to acting, he stated that various people are trying to get him involved in other projects, including remakes and sequels, from Predator to The Running Man.

:clap:clap:clap:clap
What do you lot think?

OMG another predator with arnold in it?! I would be pumped to see that..

Imagine.. predator clan comes back for revenge. As long as he can get up to sylvester stalones shape in expendables.. he will be fine.

OMG another predator with arnold in it?! I would be pumped to see that..

Imagine.. predator clan comes back for revenge. As long as he can get up to sylvester stalones shape in expendables.. he will be fine.
Let's pray to God that will not be the story......

Several 8 feet tall space-alien hunters come down to hunt a 63 year old man. :lol

The Terminator franchise should have ended in 1991... and bringing back old-ass Arnold is certainly a great way to guarantee the movie will be total garbage :lol

Roto-scope his face (with some "de-aging") on a younger body (the dude from T:S?) and have him do all the lines/etc, and it would work just fine. Either that or have him reprise a "Sgt Candy" type role (minus the voice of course). Either way, I'll gladly accept Arnold back on the screen. :1-1: California has kept him away from me for too long!

Predator, sure. It would definitely be cool to reprise his role, so we all can relive the past movie in some form. Personally, I think they are ditching both predator and Alien movies for more AVP movies. They make a ton more money that way (even though everybody complains about them not being very good. I liked them.). Terminator, I don't see how that is possible since Terminators probably don't age. They did sweat and had bad breath, so maybe. They really don't need Arnold that much. Plus if every Terminator ran around looking like Arnold, they wouldn't be too hard to spot, now would they. I'm pretty sure there's some MMA or wrestling guy out there that can fit the role. Shane Carwin would be an awesome Terminator! Just never let McG touch the franchise again,PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Salvation sucked

I stopped reading at "Justin Lin, of Fast and Furious fame, will be in the director’s chair."

M.

lol no. I dont think anyone care if hollywood deleted records of every stallone/schwartzenegger film from the past 10 years.

I stopped reading at "Justin Lin, of Fast and Furious fame, will be in the director’s chair."

M.

Exactly. I gave McG the benefit of the doubt and I will never do that again.

If he is to do movies again, they need to be original, no reboots, prequels or sequels.

M.

:lol no doubt. After what McChicken did I want someone to put a bullet into the Terminator franchise. Salvation woulda been alright if the name "Terminator" wasn't in the title. The action was fun at least.

I'm hoping for a sequel to Kindergarten Cop. He's got to be either a principal or a superintendent at this point , no? :dunno

"BAD IDEA"

I have no interest in seeing a 63 year old Terminator. In 1984 when he was 36 years old, he was PERFECT for the role because he literally looked like a machine. IMO the T-800 series is NEEDS to be potrayed by a uber physical strong-looking actor (like Franco Columbo or Arnold), to make it believable there is a full-armored endoskeleton hidden under the flesh exterior.

I personally think Arnold should sit this one out...he would be great as an Aged Dutch or ben Richards...not the the Terminator. Any MACHINE-LOOKING MAN (Football Player, Pro Body-Builder, MMA Fighter or Pro Wrestler) would be MUCH better suited in the role of the T-800Terminator...not a 63 year old Arnold Schwarzenegger.

The (T-800) Terminator should look very close to how it did on Darkhorse's initial comics series. Mean/Cold-Looking, square jawed, box-headed, and physically emposing...sadly the looks i described, Arnold no longer has :(
terminator.jpg

at this point in his career KING CONAN makes the MOST sense.
RGA_conanbarbarian460.jpg

I don't know what the story could be? Maybe Arnold as a man in the future who is a scientist that created and model for the t800 as his younger self. That could work.

M.

THANK YOU!!! Another like minded member of this forum! Why is no one else even talking about this director at the helm of this movie! Even beside Arnold reprising this role ( which I think is dumb and stale) this guy directing is horrendous news!! All the fast and furious movies are god awful!!! And anyone even associated with them shows their repulsive taste in movies! Besides there is a thread alreaady like this. Old news. Go see on the Terminator 5 thread.

This is the sort of thing that sounds cool until you actually think about it.

None of Arnolds characters are like Indy or John McClane imo, they are dependant on his youth and giant stature. Do something new, stop playing 60 year old terminators. Your never going to make it work.

Back