NEW PICS- Hot Toys - MMS 91 - THE GODFATHER - Don Vito Corleone spec + Hi Res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't ask me how, but I just scored a HT Godfather undisplayed for $120 at the phoenix Comicon. The guy didn't know what he had, and apparently special ordered this for someone and now just wanted to get rid of it. I probably could have talked him down to $100, but I just wanted to buy it before someone else did. Helps I got on the floor early by helping mike debalfo carry some stuff in.

I didn't recognize the box at first cause it was larger than I expected.

Wow. That's like cheaper than po price dude

Don't ask me how, but I just scored a HT Godfather undisplayed for $120 at the phoenix Comicon. The guy didn't know what he had, and apparently special ordered this for someone and now just wanted to get rid of it. I probably could have talked him down to $100, but I just wanted to buy it before someone else did. Helps I got on the floor early by helping mike debalfo carry some stuff in.

I didn't recognize the box at first cause it was larger than I expected.

Dude, how effin bad was your heart pounding when you saw the price on it? I think I would have blown an o-ring holding in the excitement. But I still would have offered $100. :lol

Great story! :goodpost:

100_4977.jpg

100_4976.jpg
Is this head sculpt a re-cast?

Only a few HS get my heart rate increasing when I think of the quality of the sculpts... HT Godfather is one, 1st version of John Connor is another, as is the EB Bauer.

An awesome sculpt is just that... sublime.

I still want to pick this up some day. Ah, what the hell. They'll be easier to find once HT unveils "Vito Corleone street version.":lol

please don't whack me.

Finally saw this movie and it was really good! Of course Hot Toys made a figure from it and now I want!!! Too bad it's so expensive now:monkey2

Just got this guy in the mail. Definitely a beautiful figure that pics don't do justice. Knowing my luck, a DX will be announced next week!

How does this sculpt hold up too today’s HT standards? Is it getting dated?
If there was one figure I could go back and get fo my collection it would be this one but not at the $500+ asking price on ebay.
Let’s hope for a Version 2.0!!!!

How does this sculpt hold up too today’s HT standards? Is it getting dated?
If there was one figure I could go back and get fo my collection it would be this one but not at the $500+ asking price on ebay.
Let’s hope for a Version 2.0!!!!

It still looks great...one thing that is interesting the hands have the veins painted a feint blue(a nice little touch)...I don't think they do that anymore.

It still looks great...one thing that is interesting the hands have the veins painted a feint blue(a nice little touch)...I don't think they do that anymore.

Yeah, Ive only ever seen that done on The HTs Godfather and EB Leon. Really cool effect. The HT Godfather even has the white parts of the nails painted too, which Ive never seen done before or since. Great attention to detail there.
The head sculpt easily holds up to todays standards IMO
Of course if it was done today it would be a bit better(paint is better today I think)

I think this figure deserves a 2.0!

no way... well mayne for those who missed it but honestly speaking they could't do better nowadays...

this was the pioneer for the current format in which they cast their heads... so it's not dated in any fashion.

Plus they already did an updated version as the charity version for the Tsunami in Japan.

the only difference is they casted it in a more opaque plastic closer to what they do now... it ended up looking a little to sharp for my tastes.

Original is still king. If you snoozed on this cough up the big bucks. As simple as that. It's worth it anyway.

Back