New Neca Evil Dead 2 Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm warming up to the ab crunch joint now, it's not the most dramatic point of movement ever seen in a figure, but it's a cool way to throw the pose just a bit off kilter and add some personality.

My new minor gripe is that the Necronomicon is a reuse from the Army of Darkness figure and not accurate to the look of the book in EDII, sort of a surprising cheap out from NECA. And talking accessories, would've been nice to see the Kandarian dagger included with someone. I might've liked to see it over the recorder or Farewell to Arms's extra hand.

Here's a few photos I took this afternoon. Lot of fun to photograph these guys.

ashknees.jpg

lindahead.jpg

ashlinda.jpg

ashhand.jpg

ashshotgun1.jpg

ashaxe.jpg

ashhand2.jpg

deaditeashpoint.jpg

deaditeashrecorder.jpg

deaditeashreading.jpg

And I've been thinking seriously today about building a cabin playset/diorama display, I figure the front room would be sufficient and cover most of the movie's scenes. I've been looking at fan made floor plans and I'm gonna make a rough 3D version to see just how big it might be when in scale with the figures.

So does Farewell to Arms Ash come with a normal right hand as well as a possessed one, or are you mixing and matching hands from both figures for some of the pictures?

Oops, sorry, I meant to mention that, but yes, I was mixing and matching arms in a couple of those photos. Farewell only comes with two forearms, the possessed hand and the stump.

Wellllll...cruds. I guess I gotta buy them both then,lol. Thanks,

Phibes.
Ha! Sorry!

I got my second pair today and headswapped so I have a whole, human Ash and a Deadite Ash from near the end of the movie, with the stump. While headswapping I thought I may as well check out how the old Army of Darkness heads looked on there. Pretty good I think!

ashheadswap1.jpg

I thought the Medieval Ash head would look good on "version 1 Ash" from earliest in the movie. It's got an appropriate nervous, "weirded out" vibe going on. It would need a little work to make perfect. The hair needs some modifying and he's a little rough looking, a bit too old for a flawless Evil Dead 2 look. But I think a little sculpting could fix that.

ashheadswap2.jpg

And here's S-Mart Ash's head, I think it would work well for Hero Ash. He's got a determined, confident look on his face, ready to do some battle. And the hair should be good as is, it's a smidgen flatter than the Evil Dead 2 heads, but the style is the same and I think only the most hardcore of fans would feel the need to resculpt.

Definitely two very different, distinct looks from the ED2 head that could easily work for many scenes in the movie. And what's even nicer, is the balls on the older Cult Classics heads are a hair smaller than the current heads, so they pop on and off with ease. They stay put and don't just topple off the body, but they're a snap to swap as you please without needing to boil some water. I think I'll sand down the ED2 ball pegs a little bit so they're the same size and I can easily swap amongst all three heads as the mood hits me.

Now I just need to learn how to mold and cast.

Here's a few photos I took this afternoon. Lot of fun to photograph these guys.

And I've been thinking seriously today about building a cabin playset/diorama display, I figure the front room would be sufficient and cover most of the movie's scenes. I've been looking at fan made floor plans and I'm gonna make a rough 3D version to see just how big it might be when in scale with the figures.

Wow.. mixing and matching arms.. amazing!!

I built a diorama for my Evil Dead 2 Neca. Mine arrive this week so i can post some photos with they. Take a look!!

SAM_1269.JPG

SAM_1282.JPG

SAM_1293.JPG

SAM_1299.JPG

SAM_1311.JPG

SAM_1313.JPG

SAM_1336.JPG

SAM_1335.JPG

SAM_1339.JPG

I really want figures from the first film. Swapping out Ash's possessed hand with a Normal one more or less gives me an Ash figure from the first film. I had heard the first flick is a licensing nightmare or something. Anyone know the story?:dunno

P.s --that diorama rocks!

I went against my collecting focus and financial responsibility and picked up Deadite Ash at TRU earlier this week. I was just so impressed with the sculpt and paint apps that I couldn't resist. They had about four of them in stock, and I compared paint apps to get the bloodiest, grossest looking one of the bunch. :D
Farewell to Arms Ash impressed me less, so I decided to hold out for Hero Ash (as I suspect many of you are as well.)

I used to have all the old McFarlane and NECA Army of Darkness stuff, but sold them all off when I shifted focus to 1/6 scale. However, I just couldn't resist this line. Evil Dead 2 > Army of Darkness.

Damn NECA. In the last year they've sucked me back in with some of these great horror figures. First Freddy, and now Evil Dead 2. I hope they keep this up and give us more classic and cult horror movie characters.

It's from the original release.

That diorama looks great!! I might have to hit you up for some advice and tips on starting mine.

I really want figures from the first film. Swapping out Ash's possessed hand with a Normal one more or less gives me an Ash figure from the first film. I had heard the first flick is a licensing nightmare or something. Anyone know the story?:dunno

P.s --that diorama rocks!

You could buy the FTA Ash and sculpt some more hair, I'm think about doing that to mine right now.

Once a customizer always a customizer, I suppose.

I was happy with him then I realized the shoes are wrong so I corrected them.

8526cba1.jpg

Oh, great..now I gotta think about Evil Dead versions too...

*goes back to TRU*

Has anyone thought about making customs of other ED2 characters? Evil Ed obviously comes to mind, and I'd love to have Jake and Annie just to fill out the display a little bit. I don't know about Bobby Joe though, might just skip her. :lol

Are there any good NECA figures that might be good places to start? To try to keep the look of the series fairly consistent. Deadite Ash might be an appropriate enough base for Ed, just a repaint and a new head. I was kinda eyeing Fenrir Grayback's head for Jake. Annie...I have no idea. Maybe one of the Twilight figures.

Got mine tonight at Toys R us! They look great!

The first farewell to Arms Ash I got I had to exchange. I went out to my car and noticed that he was missing a hand, so I went and got another one. One question....Can anyone tell me where The Farewell To Arms Ash's Axe is? I'm trying not to open it, but I think I can kinda see it under the Shotgun, but it's blocked off under the artwork on the front. It almost looks like they were trying to hide it?.....Just wanna make sure I'm not missing an axe!

Also, it looks like the Linda head has variants. One head has pupils that you can just barely make out, the other completely white. I grabbed the all white.

Last edited:
Back