New Ghostbusters Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I'm hoping that this new "retro" aka "Mego-styled" Peter Venkman figure DOES have the Lorenzo Music voice from the cartoon series. It must have it! :D

I've purchased the Spencer heads, 2 Rays, Egon, 4 TTL bodies and I'll be picking up Venkman on Monday--so I'm hoping when they're all put together I'll be happy. And Seb's throwing them together, so I'm very confident that I'll finally have the GB figures I've always wanted. :rock

Yeah I thought it was funny that he took over for Garfield and I also read that he hand picked Lorenzo for Venkman. The more you know...

In reality the Music/Coulier switch came because Murray complained to Gross/Medjuck that Venkman sounded like Garfield.

Granted, the story of Murray getting Music hired is a lot more upbeat than the story where he gets him fired but hey, the truth is rarely upbeat, am I right?

Also, if the actors had any say over who played their characters Ernie Hudson probably wouldn't have lost the part of Winston to Arsenio Hall. They also probably wouldn't have been explicitly telling auditioning actors to NOT sound like their movie counterparts, which was a rule Maurice LaMarche benefited from ignoring.

In reality the Music/Coulier switch came because Murray complained to Gross/Medjuck that Venkman sounded like Garfield.

Granted, the story of Murray getting Music hired is a lot more upbeat than the story where he gets him fired but hey, the truth is rarely upbeat, am I right?

Also, if the actors had any say over who played their characters Ernie Hudson probably wouldn't have lost the part of Winston to Arsenio Hall. They also probably wouldn't have been explicitly telling auditioning actors to NOT sound like their movie counterparts, which was a rule Maurice LaMarche benefited from ignoring.

Oh, I didn't know Bill Murray got Lorenzo Music fired. Dave Coulier sucked.

When the Venkman is up can someone do me a favor and post the direct link again for me? Work blocks the front page of mattycollector for somereason, I think the front page has a tag about video games.
The product and ordering pages work.

Thanks again.

yes sir! thank you.

so it looks like Peter doesn't come with a special accessory? Does he come with an extra head?

Wow, ProgMatinee...you ordered 10 of them? :eek: I can only afford one...and I just ordered one. :eek: :D

Yeah, I thought Venkman was going to come with his "slimed" head! :confused: Does anyone know if he does? Matty says NOTHING about it in the figure's description. I hope that he does.

But yeah, I got in after it did its 3 second refresh thing for about 2 minutes. So now I'll have all 3 of the 12" Ghostbusters. :banana

But...I still have to get one set of Spenser's awesome custom head sculpts. I'm hoping to be able to do that someday soon.

Last edited:
Wow guys you might wanna try going on their site through your cellphone if you are still stuck waiting at the white page. I had been stuck on their "queue" page every since 11:50 and it just kept refreshing. I tried going to matty on my iphone just now at 12:25 and I got immediately in and ordered my Venkmans! WTF?

Back