New Ghostbusters Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cooltoyreview doesn't have anything on Ghostbusters and it looks like they've finished with Mattel. I guess since GB is exclusive to Matty Collector there's no point in taking it to Toy Fair.

IMG_2907.JPG

I haven't followed this line thoroughly, is there going to be a clean Venkman too and not just the totally slimed up one?

Yeah, there will be a clean Venkman (and Egon).

Too bad Ray doesn't have a new head sculpt. And Venkman's looks weird (probably the paint).

yeah yeah venkman is a bit dissapointing, the slime looked weird. i prefer the transparent slime on egon, but they kinda went overboard with venkman, unless of course its just the prototype but i cant be sure. looks like we're also getting a "variant" version of slimer with venkman, but why is he solid colored and not see through like the other slimer? i liked the see through version better. are there any more hi-rez pics of these figures?

also, the subway ghost is awsome but the ray figure is kinda weird, i dont really remember him in a "science" coat. but hey, i think hes holding that thing venkman used in danas apartment, thats kinda neat but overall the ray variant beyond the ghost is pretty weak. i was expecting like vigo or something. is that it for the GB's part of toy fair?

ooooh boy i totally forgot. its "we're ready to believe you" ray.....:sleep that is a kinda out of left field, i guess i expected a completely different more exciting figure, i mean besides a ghost.

That's a great idea for a re-usable base body. Different accessories plus the already-tooled heads make for 3 pretty cheap figures, and that shot of the 3 above is possibly the most iconic non-uniformed depiction of the characters.

It's certainly more interesting than doing jumpsuit variations. I'm all for those but it makes sense to do this run of figures before.

I'm not too thrilled with the Slimer but I'm not totally opposed to it either. There's really no avoiding him as the pack-in with this particular Venkman. The Subway ghost is terrific.

Also, this is the first time we've seen the Venkman-specific "tucked" lower legs.

Dammit Mattel...I'm looking forward to this new Ray, but you talk big about new figures and new scales and this is ALL you show at some little event called TOYFAIR? Really? And you expect people to get more excited about the line?

A few tidbits of info from GBFans:

We're really looking forward to seeing the Walter Peck figure released this Spring. Are there any other supporting characters in the works like Dana (as Zuul), Gozer the Gozerian, Janine (the secretary) or Louis (the accountant)?

The plan is to roll out about six figures per year with two being non-Ghostbusters ideally! Walter will be the first. (Followed by a Slimed Peter Venkman, Labcoat Ray, and then Unslimed Egon and Unslimed Peter).

The Ghostbusters line looks like it could be wrapping up this Summer with the four Ghostbusters released, could Ghostbusters 2 items be released next? Or variants on current models (slimed and unslimed.. etc)?

While we will have all four from the first Ghostbusters movie out by the Fall of 2010, the line has far to go with variants and sequel figures as well as ghosts and other supporting characters in the mix!

Are there any possibilities of non-human characters from the movies like the Terror Dogs, or a larger scale Slimer?

Yes, we do have plans for non-human characters in time.

Any word on Ghostbusters accessory packs? Perhaps a Slime Blower add-on or seperate Proton Packs for Sale?

Right now, in order to make sure each figure includes exciting accessories we’re sticking with keeping them as pack-ins, but that could change in the future. We’ll have to see how the next few figures go.

With the Walter Peck character coming with a scaled containment unit, could a 12" containment unit be available as well in the future?

Doing large scale accessories for the 12” line will be a bit tough, but never say never. Nothing planned at the moment, however.

From TNI:

TNI: Will we be seeing figures of a superposeable Terror Dogs, Gozer the Gozerian or Peter Venkman for your Ghostbusters line? Question by Marvelmar

Mattel: Peter will be out later in 2010. No plans right now for Gozer or the Dogs, but that doesn’t mean it won’t happen in time!

TNI: Since a third movie for Ghostbusters is defiantly in the works, will you be doing toys like the Ecto-1? You had said before we might see Ecto when a movie hits. Question by Shokker

Mattel: Yes, we do have the license for Ecto-1 and you can find a 1:64 scale version on shelf now in Mattel’s Hot Wheels line!

From AFI:

Q5. Ghostbusters questions: I am very much hoping for/looking forward to a figure of the Ghost Librarian…How likely is one to be made? How soon (Like would you get to her before or after characters like the terror dogs, Gozer and Vigo)? And finally would it be it’s own figure release (with alternate scary head) or as an accessory to another main character (or even a two pack with another ghost)? If you are feeling generous with answers about ghostbuster adversaries, I have the same questions about the Zombie Taxi Driver and the Ghost Jog

A5. It is more likely if we do a Ghost main character (that is not a pack-in) we will look at the major film villains first (i.e. Vigo and Gozer) but that doesn’t mean the others won’t be far behind!

sorry if it's been mentioned before, but does anyone know if we are still getting the 'slimed' head with the 1/6 Venkman? It was shown with him at SDCC, but not at toyfair.

I just updated my 12" Ghostbusters,
Heads still need work and I'm waiting for Astro's elbow pads,
U used DiD Che's boots and belts,
they look great!
Sorry for the crappy pics

DSC03175.jpg

I haven't been following this thread too closely, but those sculpts and everything look great!

What are the sculpts from?

Awesome stuff...

M.

Back