NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BBTS have got Feral in stock now and after that I only have the Dog Creature from The Thing on preorder. And a Mafex T2 T-800. My lowest amount of preorders at BBTS in years because NECA seems to have dropped all my favourite licenses. And why hasn't that Alex Murphy figure from Robocop at least gone to preorder?

Yarp - our 2 copies were added to our POL yesterday!

We are running low as well:
  • Iron Studios - Jurassic World: Dominion MiniCo Blue and Beta
  • EXO-6 - DS9 Quark
  • NECA - Dinosaurs Ultimate Baby Sinclair Action Figure
  • SUPER7 - Motorhead Ultimates - Lemmy Kilmister figure
  • Sadshow - Iron Maiden Powerslave Eddie Bust

Yarp - our 2 copies were added to our POL yesterday!

We are running low as well:
  • Iron Studios - Jurassic World: Dominion MiniCo Blue and Beta
  • EXO-6 - DS9 Quark
  • NECA - Dinosaurs Ultimate Baby Sinclair Action Figure
  • SUPER7 - Motorhead Ultimates - Lemmy Kilmister figure
  • Sadshow - Iron Maiden Powerslave Eddie Bust

Those are your BBTS preorders?

I have some orders elsewhere, it's just been a long time since I've had so few at BBTS and that's because I've historically gotten all my NECA stuff there......and NECA aint makin' nutin' no more.

Snapped a photo of Feral in the NECA booth at Comic-Con earlier this month. Alex Murphy too.
DSC_0039.jpeg

172DBF8B-086D-468F-ABB9-D9DBE4B09F06.JPG

Those are your BBTS preorders?

I have some orders elsewhere, it's just been a long time since I've had so few at BBTS and that's because I've historically gotten all my NECA stuff there......and NECA aint makin' nutin' no more.

Yeah - those are my BBTS preorders.

The only other piece I'm after is the PRIME1 "Sengoku" Predator. I placed an order with Secret Compass over a year ago, and it was in stock at PRIME1 when I ordered it, Shane says his distributor is having trouble clearing a backlog so it's looking like I may never get that.

Picked up Feral Preds from the LCS today, I am so pleased with this guy, the magnet on both the pack and gun work really well, mandible swaps are my biggest joy as they look so good, we really need new super predators now, this effort would suit them so well

Will Disney let them go back to making stuff from the older movies is the big question. What an utter collapse of 2 once thriving lines as Alien and Predator. Has Randy said anything about it anywhere?

I don't see why they wouldn't let them do things, make money off your license where you can, it is very frustrating to see neca at their peak performance and not able to drop the Wolf, berserker, preda alien etc, they would be so amazing

Will Disney let them go back to making stuff from the older movies is the big question. What an utter collapse of 2 once thriving lines as Alien and Predator. Has Randy said anything about it anywhere?
I read somewhere that Disney want to release more films/shows before increasing production of Alien and Predator merch. So maybe after Romulus? Or the Noah Hawley TV series?

Still hard to imagine Disney of all companies would want to pause this stuff. Maybe they think simultaneous media releases will lead to better merch sales? Or vice-versa?

Wasn't he meant to have been in the works? What happened?
The Predator happened. They had to capitalize on new movie hype and get those figures out. Granted they were good figures but it delayed the AvP:R 2.0 line. And then it was the P2 anniversary and then it was the Disney takeover and Prey.

The Predator happened. They had to capitalize on new movie hype and get those figures out. Granted they were good figures but it delayed the AvP:R 2.0 line. And then it was the P2 anniversary and then it was the Disney takeover and Prey.
Two new movies in that time and not one good Predator design. :gah:

It's AVPs 20th Anniversary next year too! :horror

Still surprised we never got 1/4 AVP Predators. I'd still be tempted by those. They did such a good job with the 1/10 versions, I'm sure those would've been sights to behold.
My opinion of the AvP Preds has softened over the years. I'd definitely be tempted by a NECA 1/4 scale Celtic.

Still surprised we never got 1/4 AVP Predators. I'd still be tempted by those. They did such a good job with the 1/10 versions, I'm sure those would've been sights to behold.

I prefer not to say 1/4 since NECAs Jungle and City Hunters are surely way too small to be true 1/4. I just say 18inch figures.

Two new movies in that time and not one good Predator design. :gah:

It's AVPs 20th Anniversary next year too! :horror

Yeah, I should clarify my post above - NECA made good figures based on questionable Predator designs from The Predator.

Honestly, I used to back NECA hard. I still think they make objectively good products.

But the more they crank out these common, plain-ass civilian characters from Turtles and Gargoyles...it feels so cheap and ignorant that they never did, and never will purse some of the critical characters we asked for.

The rest of the Predator crew, T1 Sarah Connor, a revisit on Kyle Reese, Harrigan...you're telling me that any of wouldn't have sold comparably?

Well, I got a good couple of years of pure Alien bliss from them, so I can't begrudge them a couple of years of turtles and other stuff. Besides, they've been killing it with the Universal Monsters line.
If only we could get Dallas, Kane and Lambert in their Nostromo fatigues...

I always try to give NECA credit for the stuff I do have and I acknowledge that they went deeper into Alien, Predator and Terminator than any other company ever has. But if Nostromo Fatigues Dallas, Kane and Lambert don't get made that will be profoundly frustrating - we know they have their likeness rights. Just as it is also frustrating that they didn't end up making a T1 Sarah Connor. To be so close to a complete cast but stopping short is arguably more annoying to a collector than if they'd just made the Alien and the T-800 and left it at that.

With the cast of Predator I can see how its a different story. Of the characters we don't already have that's 5 different actors whose likeness rights would all have to be obtained with probably varying degrees of difficulty. Randy seems to have been put off altogether when they couldn't nail down the rights to Carl Weathers/Dillon. He's the only one we know they tried for back when Randy used to post on twitter. I can only imagine Jesse Ventura would have been very stubborn and put a high pricetag on his likeness - plus there's the MTV logo issue with Blaine. And if NECA had to rule those two out maybe their attitude was ''well what's the point doing the others'' - perhaps they'd be right. Look what I just said about the prospect of never having Dallas, Kane and Lambert in Nostromo gear, I said it'd be extremely annoying, more annoying than if they'd only ever made the Alien. So.....

Harrigan from P2 though, why not make him? Fans love P2 and it's just one guy! I know there are those who'd also love to have the other cast members (Heavy Metal Spike up there ;)) but most of us would be satisfied with just Harrigan and a variant or two.

Last edited:
Back