NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is pathetic? [emoji28]
this:

fc04d9e9d051b8a71413e56485c47a69.jpg

terrible Neca paint and proportions (a tradecard of their predators) plus this ridiculous design.

Yes, not the best figures but the only way to own some designs. The unmasked head was from a KO figure repainted by me and added to the figure and packaging. I have to repaint the body. You had to see the head it before the repaint :)

That's good.

Yeah, it always irks me when people say that the xeno skull at the end of P2 was how the Aliens v. Predator idea came about. I would've preferred an adaptation as well, but holy cow that would've been a giant budget.
I was very surprised by the accuracy of the Dechande NECA did - very minimal reused parts - I think it factors into their decision of what figures they're going to make, to try to keep the number of new molds to a minimum. Glad they gave the character the "all-out" treatment.

The movie was released November the 19th 1990. The comics Aliens vs. Predator, also known as Aliens versus Predator, is a five-issue limited comic book series that was first published by Dark Horse Comics from June-December 1990. The contents of the second issue (actually issue #0) were originally published in three installments in the anthology series Dark Horse Presents, Vol. 1 #34-36, from November 1989-January 1990, as three prologue stories taking place immediately prior to the events of the series. So look like the idea came from the comics. I also read a making off the comics and it states that the idea came in a meeting about pairing characters from the Dark Horse comics... :)

Budgetary issues looks like the main reason not to make a comic adaptation. Pitty.

I love this character and the Neca take on him, when I saw a part of the Stalker Predator Armour, I knew they were going to release Dachande if the series lasted. And hope a ultimate figure of him happens in the future.

Looks like they are going to release the lost tribe in ultimate form, looking forward to the elder predator from P2

You know your business.

Greyback is the one i'm most looking forward to, as well. The two prior releases were very poor representations, even by the standards then. I hope if they include a masked head, it'll be one of the Golden Angel versions in a color that matches the rest of his armor. Or they could make it an ultimate without any extra accessories and just get the intricate details all over him right, especially the trophy pieces. Either way, NECA's got my $35 + S&H.

Predator stuff being shown today. On the movie front I'm not expecting anything we didn't already know about - maybe a couple more of the Lost Predator 2.0s, maybe the Battle Damaged City Hunter. I don't think they'll show anything outside of Predator 2. Just guessing.

Outside of that I don't really care. I've pretty much got all the Kenner tributes I wanted and I don't collect videogame or other EU stuff.

Last edited:
Edi3FVCXYAAhuuP.jpg

Glad to be able to get the BD City Hunter again, now with the more up-to-date articulation. Surprised they didn't make his medical tools though. Maybe they could do another figure with the glowy blue stuff applied to his wounds and include the medkit there but I doubt they have that planned.

Looks like Harrigan is definitely not happening. Bummer. When you've gotten the creatures umpteen times over it's the human characters that would truly excite. The demand seems to be there from a lot of comments on twitter but for whatever reason he's a no go.

I know we joke about the Neca leg issues, but it's seriously beyond the point of being funny now. I bought the Alpha Predator, and I'm currently in the process of de-jajujaing him, as P. would say, because I'm not a fan of the bug armour or stupid backstory they gave him. Sculpt is interesting though, and with a few mods and some paint he'll look alright.

However, this leg issue has gotten absolutely ridiculous. I saw someone's photos of the figure disassembled, and the hip joints looked like they were tooled differently than previous figures. Was kinda optimistic that it may, at least, lessen the leg issue, but as I'm swapping and test fiting parts it just became so obvious that, if anything, it's only made the issue worse.

This is a quick snap. Here's the kicker. This is AFTER I replaced the dumbell joint in the longer leg with a shorter dumbell joint.

9YBJPyAk.jpg

*********. Gonna have to bring this up on twitter at some point but I'm still a relative newb there and don't want to get blocked. NECA deserve praise for many things but there's also stuff like this that ought to be criticized. Seems like it can be a bit of a tightrope-walk to get the balance right on twitter. Heh, 'balance'.

*********. Gonna have to bring this up on twitter at some point but I'm still a relative newb there and don't want to get blocked. NECA deserve praise for many things but there's also stuff like this that ought to be criticized. Seems like it can be a bit of a tightrope-walk to get the balance right on twitter. Heh, 'balance'.

A-dev, i respect the doo-doo out of you, so i don't in any way want this to come across as doo-dooey, but i've never noticed the issue, and I *think* it's because i try to pose in more dynamic or natural body language sort of poses (where the hip articulation limits rocking of the pelvis in any direction, which is incorporated a lot in people's body language or natural standing posture), where i feel like the disparity between leg lengths may actually come as a slight advantage, if not be unnoticeable. My question is, are you mostly using museum, symmetrical poses (no wrong way to pose) or does this issue pretty much hamper anything in your experience?

From my experience the "one leg longer than the other syndrome" can vary a lot. Some figures it's very subtle, while others it's very obvious, especially when trying to get the figure to stand. It's true that if you adjust the legs to a more dynamic or walking pose you can negate it, but sometimes it's so bad that it really limits how many standing poses you can actually get rendering the articulation somewhat pointless. My elder predator 2.0 has this problem the worst. Ultimate Sarah Connor is another example I can think of off the top of my head. I've only ever tried fixing this issue when I got my ultimate H2 Michael Myers. I removed the leg from the hip joint and then reattached it. Using a hairdryer of course. It's been an unaddressed issue with NECA figures from several years now. Maybe not as bad as sloppy paint or breakage issues, but still an annoyance that shouldn't be there.

A-dev, i respect the doo-doo out of you, so i don't in any way want this to come across as doo-dooey, but i've never noticed the issue, and I *think* it's because i try to pose in more dynamic or natural body language sort of poses (where the hip articulation limits rocking of the pelvis in any direction, which is incorporated a lot in people's body language or natural standing posture), where i feel like the disparity between leg lengths may actually come as a slight advantage, if not be unnoticeable. My question is, are you mostly using museum, symmetrical poses (no wrong way to pose) or does this issue pretty much hamper anything in your experience?

Hey, thanks for the kind words ridetofight. :duff

This is the example I always use - I was astonished to see this pic in a review of this particular wave - I added Pisa myself to act as a visual emphasis for what seemed immediately obvious to me and yet the reviewer made no mention of at all as I recall

NECA Lopsided figure syndrome.jpg

^that was just one wave of figures and none of them could stand up straight.

I'm not necessarily a museum pose guy - at least not exclusively - but somewhat ironically one of the gains of super-articulation is that it enables neutral, 'just standing there' poses if you so wish - it's an option I always 'missed' in the days of preposed, semi-statue McFarlane and earlier NECA figures. But you can't do it when one leg is shorter than the other so it's like they giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other. You're forced to go with something else just to disguise the leg discrepancy and I don't like that. I don't know what the hell they're doing to make it happen and why they aren't fixing it off their own bat.

From my experience the "one leg longer than the other syndrome" can vary a lot. Some figures it's very subtle, while others it's very obvious, especially when trying to get the figure to stand. It's true that if you adjust the legs to a more dynamic or walking pose you can negate it, but sometimes it's so bad that it really limits how many standing poses you can actually get rendering the articulation somewhat pointless. My elder predator 2.0 has this problem the worst. Ultimate Sarah Connor is another example I can think of off the top of my head. I've only ever tried fixing this issue when I got my ultimate H2 Michael Myers. I removed the leg from the hip joint and then reattached it. Using a hairdryer of course. It's been an unaddressed issue with NECA figures from several years now. Maybe not as bad as sloppy paint or breakage issues, but still an annoyance that shouldn't be there.

Ultimate T2 Sarah is perhaps where I first noticed it or at least the first time it really annoyed me, I can't remember which. I've got a whole bunch of that figure and they all have it to some degree.

Last edited:
Has anyone ever keyed in on what exactly causes the disparity in leg length? It's so consistent that it has to start at a sculpt level, or at least very early on. You'd think if it was tooling it'd be relegated to one class of figure.

AAAIIIEEEE! That toyhype picture is horrifying. Now I get it. I only own twenty or so Neca figures, and to the best of my knowledge, none of them have suffered the malady to that degree. I know that's probably a more extreme example, but dang. "That's ugly, man! That's Ugh!"

It is a shame what Neca has done with the purchases of the sdcc 2020 on their website. How little they have lasted and that they continue without doing things to stop bots and scammers. I did not even see the Predator City demon in stock and I connected on the time. They are not In Target stores in USA and I dont know if it will be available in my country (Spain). Some stock (the ones not sold I guess) from sdcc exclusives in previous years make it and others dont.

It is a shame what Neca has done with the purchases of the sdcc 2020 on their website. How little they have lasted and that they continue without doing things to stop bots and scammers. I did not even see the Predator City demon in stock and I connected on the time. They are not In Target stores in USA and I dont know if it will be available in my country (Spain). Some stock (the ones not sold I guess) from sdcc exclusives in previous years make it and others dont.

Neca predators are worst predators anyway. crappy paint, crappy molds, midget heights, grasshopper legs - everything Neca could do to ruin the originally wonderful sculpts, Neca did with sadistic pleasure.
they may have singlehandedly done at least as much to destroy a vision of a predator as all retarded jajuja fans ever did altogether.
so be happy you have a way to avoid it! :clap

and that's what i'm talking about. iron****ingmeh repaints + anime-styled crap = Neca against predators. fatality, flawless win.

Neca predators are worst predators anyway. crappy paint, crappy molds, midget heights, grasshopper legs - everything Neca could do to ruin the originally wonderful sculpts, Neca did with sadistic pleasure.
they may have singlehandedly done at least as much to destroy a vision of a predator as all retarded jajuja fans ever did altogether.
so be happy you have a way to avoid it! :clap

and that's what i'm talking about. iron****ingmeh repaints + anime-styled crap = Neca against predators. fatality, flawless win.

And you are the most annoying person by far on this forum. If you hate NECA Predator figures why are you here all the time exactly? All I see is your complaints on this sub. I am not even sure you like Predator franchise. All that childish nonsense "jajuja" words. Pathetic.

And you are the most annoying person by far on this forum. If you hate NECA Predator figures why are you here all the time exactly? All I see is your complaints on this sub. I am not even sure you like Predator franchise. All that childish nonsense "jajuja" words. Pathetic.

P. isn't for everyone, his passion often supercedes his civility. I was told i'd get used to his fanaticism, which i did not believe, but he's like a logic encylopedia of predator stuff. If you can get past his foghorn leghorn schtick, he's harmless. Against all odds, i now think he's an asset to the boards. I'm not trying to defend him as much as i am trying to make your experience less... Cruddy.

P. isn't for everyone, his passion often supercedes his civility. I was told i'd get used to his fanaticism, which i did not believe, but he's like a logic encylopedia of predator stuff. If you can get past his foghorn leghorn schtick, he's harmless. Against all odds, i now think he's an asset to the boards. I'm not trying to defend him as much as i am trying to make your experience less... Cruddy.

Thats right. I learned to live with him in the boards. He said my Predator is pathetic? Maybe, maybe necas attemp or my poor painting skills (LOL :lol) but I dont take it personally and I enjoy his crazy theories and Neca/Hot Toys love hate .

Back