NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You nicely led me right to that joke :)

Incidentally, it's been 30 years, I doubt that old lady is still with us. Randy would have to deal with her estate to be able to deliver this most highly requested figure at long last.

You nicely led me right to that joke :)

Incidentally, it's been 30 years, I doubt that old lady is still with us. Randy would have to deal with her estate to be able to deliver this most highly requested figure at long last.

That's OK - I know the guy who inherited - he's a cop.

Guardian and Stalker ultimate figures look nice - i like what neca's doing with the unmasked sculpts - paint and skin patterns look good. Just wish some company would get guardian's armor color right.

https://news.toyark.com/2020/07/08/...r-2-city-demon-predator-figure-by-neca-393126

NECA-SDCC-City-Demon-Predator-009.jpg
NECA-SDCC-City-Demon-Predator-005.jpg
NECA-SDCC-City-Demon-Predator-001.jpg
NECA-SDCC-City-Demon-Predator-002.jpg

Like many others on the twitter page I was really hoping Harrigan would happen - I assume he's not going to be among the regular releases to come later. An anniversary year like this seems like it would have been the prime opportunity and, well, no sign of him. Nevertheless this city hunter does look pretty cool and is a definite buy for me.

I wonder why they didn’t do a lighting effect for the figure itself instead of the packaging? Still looks cool regardless.

The 'water emergence' Predator from the P1 line could be redone this way. That one never lived up to its potential, the final product wasn't great whereas this - assuming the Toyark one is a fair representative of what we'll receive - looks terrific.

That said...that's pretty much all there is to say about it, it looks cool. Harrigan would have generated more excitement and discussion.

I think that would've taken A LOT of work to install LEDs in there and probably for not that much use.

They install LEDs for figure accessories. I don’t think it would’ve required that much work.

Encouraging to see them talking about Harrigan over on the ToyArk thread, including Joe Moore who would have Randy's ear more than the rest of us.

Feels like demand has gotten larger such that it shouldn't be ignored

vlcsnap-2020-07-09-02h41m04s874.jpg

I think this figure would look great in the proper lighting, but just standing on a shelf? I feel it'd look really awkward. 'Sub Zero Predator', indeed. Put me in the camp with those who were hoping for a Harrigan announcement as well. :(

Encouraging to see them talking about Harrigan over on the ToyArk thread, including Joe Moore who would have Randy's ear more than the rest of us.

Feels like demand has gotten larger such that it shouldn't be ignored . . .

I watched a couple of interviews with Randy a few weeks back (one recent, one not so much). He went though several things that give him challenges regarding likeness rights.

One was that some think having thousands of little dolls looking like them is a bit freaky (fair enough) - another was costs (some folks like to play games with how important they think they are - particularly if their careers are still going OK), and others claim they are not interested in revisiting certain portions of their past.

Given some of the political SJW crap Glover has come out with over the last couple of years, I know where I'd put my money.

Don't think it will EVER happen - but I'd love to be wrong.

I am installing a red led light and making a second unmasked head for Broken Tusk. Hope we get an ultimate figure of him. Hear me Neca?
f461bcc39c3b8ab6e2cbec62f36f9df0.jpg
fc04d9e9d051b8a71413e56485c47a69.jpg

Enviado desde mi MI 5s mediante Tapatalk

P. abhors, maniacally hates with a deep passion, the Yautja concept for the Predator characters. He also is not shy. Don't take it personally.

Not taking personally or offended. :) Just want to know what exactly

I love the first AVP comic, more than the AVPn movies. They should have adapted it to the movie. if it wasnt for it we probably wouldnt have the AVP movies. Would love a 1/6 Dachande form HT too. Instant buy for me

That's good.

Yeah, it always irks me when people say that the xeno skull at the end of P2 was how the Aliens v. Predator idea came about. I would've preferred an adaptation as well, but holy cow that would've been a giant budget.
I was very surprised by the accuracy of the Dechande NECA did - very minimal reused parts - I think it factors into their decision of what figures they're going to make, to try to keep the number of new molds to a minimum. Glad they gave the character the "all-out" treatment.

Back