NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was traveling with family :-/

montana border, btw

Yea you were out in Alberta then, strange..i've never heard anyone talk like that here, though i am in Toronto and mainly spent vacation time out in Eastern Canada.

Yea you were out in Alberta then, strange..i've never heard anyone talk like that here, though i am in Toronto and mainly spent vacation time out in Eastern Canada.

some alberta, some british columbia. I really like canadians though. alot nicer than most americans I have to put up with. Very culturally diverse as well, which was nice. god I wish I remember specifically where we went. it was so nice. but yeah, some of them definitely talked like that (not all....but most lol)

I can't remember how anyone spoke whilst I was there. Suppose each part has a different local accent like over here.

Well, i got to check my LCS for these figures now and NOES series 2.

I really hope we get a city hunter with bio on single card.

Yea, Mroiman i was dating this girl from Michigan and she said the same thing, and moved here.

Yep. P2 unmasked sucks. That head paint just looks horrid.

I hope the masked will be better....blah.

It certainly doesn't suck... It actually looks quite good in person, especially the teeth/gums. And you can actually tell which pred it's supposed to represent!

Well, i got to check my LCS for these figures now and NOES series 2.

I really hope we get a city hunter with bio on single card.

Yea, Mroiman i was dating this girl from Michigan and she said the same thing, and moved here.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

It certainly doesn't suck... It actually looks quite good in person, especially the teeth/gums. And you can actually tell which pred it's supposed to represent!

The head paint is awful. Awful, awful, awful. I've seen the pictures. It doesn't look as detailed as McF's. Which was a major turn off for me. The head, the crown I mean, is the key part, and one of the biggest reasons why I love the design so much.

The head paint is awful. Awful, awful, awful. I've seen the pictures. It doesn't look as detailed as McF's. Which was a major turn off for me. The head, the crown I mean, is the key part, and one of the biggest reasons why I love the design so much.[/QUOT

You want to talk about awful. Take a look at the McFarlane Alien figure you love so much. Did an orange spray can explode next to it with all the gross orange dots everywhere. The NECA P2 kills the Mcturd figure in every way. It's sad McFarlane even called that stick man figure Predator2 in the first place. You can at least see ours is P2 and has the best most accurate sculpt by a long shot to back it up in my humble opinion. I was looking at the McFarlane one the other day laughing how bad it is paint and sculpt. Some fans just can't can't let Todd go. I'll admit the crown could be better but no way is it awful. Still looks better than Mc clowns awful P2. If you hate the head so much just wait and get the masked P2. It rules.

The masked rules yes.

But I'd take the orange spattered Alien over the paint spattered P2 Predator anyday.

You can laugh about how bad the sculpt is, and insult it over and over...but you can't fix the horrible paint app it got. If I see it in person, and it's better then what the pics lead on...then i'll eat a crow, or whatever. But so far, the only Predator i've bought from you guys was the 18 incher, because that was flawless.

Never bought anything else. Paint is key.

The masked rules yes.

But I'd take the orange spattered Alien over the paint spattered P2 Predator anyday.

You can laugh about how bad the sculpt is, and insult it over and over...but you can't fix the horrible paint app it got. If I see it in person, and it's better then what the pics lead on...then i'll eat a crow, or whatever. But so far, the only Predator i've bought from you guys was the 18 incher, because that was flawless.

Never bought anything else. Paint is key.

You're full of it kid. I saw you're so called paint fix on the Wolf. I'd like to see what you can do on P2. Glad you like the 18inch figure and you took some amazing pix of it. Maybe you can ask the guy that did the great job on our P2 just how to fix it so you'll be happy with it. For a 17 dollar figure it's a very very nice figure and stomps your boy McFarlane P2 in the ground. You put McFarlane's P2 next to the NECA and you'll laugh that McFarlane even called his Predator 2. That figure is without a doubt one of the worst they ever did and all the guys that sculpted on it don't work for us anymore. They couldn't cut it and the McFarlane P2 shows why.

Bwhaha...it's like an insult, then a praise, and an insult. :lol

I am the customer. I give you the money if I think it's worth it. I don't think it's worth it. Either take the critisim, or don't. Point is, i'm right. Customer is always right. :D And you also shouldn't insult the customer. ;)

And no, for 17 bucks, and something that looks like that, is not worth it. Sorry. Maybe you guys shoulda did it the way McF did it back then. It looks seamless.

Neca Freddy Part 1? Oh yes. Perfect little figure. How did that one get all the respect?

They're ok. But I'm not a huge fans of the selection. I'd love a re-release of Brain.

But that's beside the point. :lol

Bwhaha...it's like an insult, then a praise, and an insult. :lol

I am the customer. I give you the money if I think it's worth it. I don't think it's worth it. Either take the critisim, or don't. Point is, i'm right. Customer is always right. :D And you also shouldn't insult the customer. ;)

And no, for 17 bucks, and something that looks like that, is not worth it. Sorry. Maybe you guys shoulda did it the way McF did it back then. It looks seamless.

Neca Freddy Part 1? Oh yes. Perfect little figure. How did that one get all the respect?

Freddy? Do you think painting that crazy P2 paint design is anything like trying to paint Freddy part 1. Freddy is a much simpler design. With the factories you never really know what they'll do. It's by far the crappiest part of this job. Trying to get them to make it look like the proto can be rough. All in all I think they did a good job on P2. Since you think it looks crappy just go for the masked head. I'm happy to hear so far these new Predators aren't falling apart. Now that really is crappy to hear when that stuff happens.

Freddy? Do you think painting that crazy P2 paint design is anything like trying to paint Freddy part 1. Freddy is a much simpler design. With the factories you never really know what they'll do. It's by far the crappiest part of this job. Trying to get them to make it look like the proto can be rough. All in all I think they did a good job on P2. Since you think it looks crappy just go for the masked head. I'm happy to hear so far these new Predators aren't falling apart. Now that really is crappy to hear when that stuff happens.

tankman, thanks for rolling with the punches on this thread. I wish some members would exercise better tact in their criticisms, but such a practice on the net tends to go by the wayside these days. Nevertheless, the pics I've seen of the Series 4 figures look good, and I'm anxiously awaiting their arrival by mail. I'll be sure to give you my two cents when they arrive, and if I have a problem with them, I'll do my best to articulate my point in a logical and appropriate manner.

They're ok. But I'm not a huge fans of the selection. I'd love a re-release of Brain.

But that's beside the point. :lol

I love them. Especially George, both mogwai and gremlin form. You never know, they might put out the Brain again.

On the subject of the Predators, I think they're pretty good for the most part. From the pics posted, the Predator 2 head paint does look sloppy, but I'll reserve judgement until I see one with my own eyes. I do have to agree to a certain extent on the paint on the McFarlane head. Undoubtedly, the sculpt on the NECA is 100 times better, but the paint on the McFarlane, while inaccurate, was very clean and vibrant. The paint on the NECA looks less defined if that makes any sense.

Last edited:
ha

Unmasked P2 head paint looks pretty bad to me from the pics. Don't see how seeing it in hand will make any difference.

McFarlane's P2's paint although incredibly inaccurate, looks more professional imo.

Back