NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't really know anything about Bay/Jeunet besides Transformers and Resurrection...
Jeunet is one of the most celebrated film makers in French cinematic history and is known for his ground-breaking work in cinematography, surreal fantasies, dark comedies, animation, production design, and both practical and CG effects.

Michael Bay is not.

that's about all there is to know.

Jeunet is one of the most celebrated film makers in French cinematic history and is known for his ground-breaking work in cinematography, surreal fantasies, dark comedies, animation, production design, and both practical and CG effects.

Michael Bay is not.

He had a bad day when he made A:R then.:D

I liked it. It only lost points for me because it was totally unnecessary, but it wasn't a bad film by any means.

Don't really know anything about Bay/Jeunet besides Transformers and Resurrection...

Michael Bay is not.

Michael Bay is known for directing high-budget action films characterized by their fast edits, stylistic visuals and substantial practical special effects. His films, which include The Rock, Armageddon, Pearl Harbor and the Bad Boys and Transformers series, have grossed over three billion dollars world-wide.

Jeunet makes artsy-fartsy French films and the only American movie he's ever done was that piece of ____ Alien Resurrection which failed miserably at the box office here in the states.

that's about all there is to know. Unless you live in France. Which I doubt.

exact same thing that happened to Alien 3. Fox suits decided they knew better than the writer/director about making movies. happens to the best of them.

Um.. no. Even Josh Whedon who wrote the script blamed Jeunet for the cluster____ known as Alien Resurrection. Had nothing to do with FOX. Jeunet had full creative control and was even allowed to tinker with the script and make changes which included changing the ending. And it was also his idea to make A:R a dark comedy. Which failed.

This is true. They even mention this in the Documentary.

Michael Bay is still awesome. And makes the best action movies.

I'd disagree with that. To me, Michael Bay isn't a selling point for an action film; whenever I see "produced (or) directed by Michael Bay" in the trailer at the last minute, I instantly forget everything I saw and shove it aside because of that name. To me, it turns me off the movie.
:shrug
I've seen plenty of great action movies, and not even my top ten are done by that hack (again IMO).

This is true. They even mention this in the Documentary.

Michael Bay is still awesome. And makes the best action movies.
And blows at everything else? :dunno
If I sit down and watch one of his Transformer movies expecting ONLY cool action crap, I'd still be disappointed.
Is he really that great if all he can do is make "mindless action movies" anyway?

I'm not trying to be a ******, but come on.. Don't you think you're exaggerating just a LITTLE?

From what I know of him, he reminds me of an older, more experienced version of the Strause Brothers.

well see, call me crazy but I thought Alien 3 was way Worst than Alien resurrection, and I dont love alien 4 by any means, but, if someone gives me the option between alien 3 or 4, I would rather watch 4, I liked the alien creature in 3 but I kinda hate that movie, it only makes it worst coming right after aliens, alien3 had to be one of the biggest disappointments for me, that was bad for me,
anyway, Alien4 sucks, and doesnt have the greatest acting, but, I kinda like it, I will agree that the ending is weird and that the newborn was freaky as hell, (I hated him so bad) but, the movie is watchable i guess... alien 4 kinda goes in par with avp and avpr, I dont know, I understand the hate for alien 4, I thought it was a "whatever" movie, Do I want to see figures of alien 4 Hell No!!
would I like figures of Avp from neca, that would be cool, but I rather have the 1/4 P2, than a bunch of 7 inch avp preds, I know that makes no sense since they are different sizes, what I meant is, I wish Neca put their energy into making P2 as soon as possible

My priorities from NECA would go like this.

1) 1/4 P2 (multiple variants)
2) 8" Predator 2s including Lost Clan
3) Aliens Queen Alien
4) Alien 3 Dog Alien

Well actually 2-4 are equal really. I'm also assuming theres no chance of Aliens USCMs or any humans from the Predator films which I would absolutely buy if made.

5) AVP Preds and Aliens
6) Alien resurrection

^These two I don't really care if they don't happen. But I know other people do and would be all over them.

And more Terminator stuff goes without saying for me.

Well, since 1/4-ish P2 is more likely than not a no-go, I'm just awaiting the 8" P2 and Lost Tribe figures. We at least know for sure they're supposed to happen. But now-a-days, you can't believe it until you see it.

Other than these, I picked up a Gears 2 Skorge, and have zero interest in anything other lines NECA is doing.

Just search "NECA lost tribe predators" on google, and you'll see all of they're progress thus far.

That, or just look back through this thread, but that can be a little time consuming.

Back