NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really only collect Alien/Predator stuff...but NECA has my interest piqued with the news that they scored the HALF-LIFE license.

My priorities from NECA would go like this.

1) 1/4 P2 (multiple variants)
2) 8" Predator 2s including Lost Clan
3) Aliens Queen Alien
4) Alien 3 Dog Alien

Well actually 2-4 are equal really. I'm also assuming theres no chance of Aliens USCMs or any humans from the Predator films which I would absolutely buy if made.

5) AVP Preds and Aliens
6) Alien resurrection

^These two I don't really care if they don't happen. But I know other people do and would be all over them.

And more Terminator stuff goes without saying for me.
I stopped by Suncoast before I saw First Class two weeks ago. They had several T-1000's, and T-800 Arnie's, and holy crap the T-1000's looked amazing.
They had an unmasked Mr. Black figure there also, and when you compare the two you can really see how crappy the paint on Mr. Black is.. But I suppose the T-1000's paint scheme isn't anywhere near the complexity of Mr. Black's..

But yeah, twas an awesome figure...

I stopped by Suncoast before I saw First Class two weeks ago. They had several T-1000's, and T-800 Arnie's, and holy crap the T-1000's looked amazing.
They had an unmasked Mr. Black figure there also, and when you compare the two you can really see how crappy the paint on Mr. Black is.. But I suppose the T-1000's paint scheme isn't anywhere near the complexity of Mr. Black's..

But yeah, twas an awesome figure...

Man, the mall by where I live used to have a Suncoast, but it closed :mad:

I went in there because of all the toys they had. It was almost like BBTS in there, or something along those lines. That place freaking rocks :rock

Man, the mall by where I live used to have a Suncoast, but it closed :mad:

I went in there because of all the toys they had. It was almost like BBTS in there, or something along those lines. That place freaking rocks :rock
Yeah, it's an awesome place. I remember walking in there and seeing the chained AvP Queen bust and BD Predator bust from Palisades on top of one of their, erm, weird table/shelf thingys when I was little.
I remember picking up McFarlane's 12 inch Pred there (which is now just a bloody head for my HT Mr. Black :lol), remember getting the McFarlane Scar, Elder, and AvP Alien figures there after watching AvP, and I still have the AvP "Whoever wins..... We loose" poster from there.
Oh, I can't forget Queeny (plush Queen burster), Speedy (plush Facehugger), and Chester (plush chestburster) that I adopted from them..

I'll never forget the time I walked around the corner and saw several DVDs with these wierd bunny covers on them. I had no idea what they were. :dunno
:lol

Such a great place. Wonderful atmosphere... So many memories.. :monkey2

bbts has gotton in the re-release predators series 1 and 2 , painted by the new factory in,
i got a masked berserker today, it has the gray paint scheme like the series 2 unmasked berserker , still with a little tan on arms,legs and inside of hands,looks alot better now,with the better paint scheme.no more pokey dotts at least.
but there is still a little paint slop here and there, so the new factory, can't paint 8 inch figures much better than the old one , in my opinion. checked the joints, they're not stuck, a little loose on the knees.
i hope they do much better on p2 figures.

Last edited:
I asked about the series 1 and 2 figures on twitter, and they said it will be a small re-release, just enough to satisfy vendor re-orders and QC problems with the Tracker.

I'll probably get another set, but truth be told, I don't think that these newer factory figures are going to be the pristine and flawless versions it seems some think they may be.

It's not like they are using different paint or plastic, or anything like that, it's just that the quality control for the paint jobs and figure construction are of a better standard.

A nicely and acceptably painted 1st release Classic Predator is probably what we can except as an example of the new factory produced figures. Say you had a chance to look through like 40 figures, and picked out the best painted one, now all 40 should look pretty good.

Just basically imagine the best 1st release paint jobs you have seen, and that's probably what most of these new factory figures should look like. Basically, this factory is better because they will do thier job correctly and now the figures will have paint jobs and assembly up to par with the best versions of the 1st release figures. But not some ultimate perfectly painted and updated version or anything.

from what i've seen so far the paint isn't much better on the 8 inch figures, then what the old factory did, (some)maybe.
i'm starting to get fed-up with neca, and their china factories.to the point, to just forget collecting neca at all.such great scuplters but,such factory screw ups over and over again, i get the t1 figures tomarrow,but i've done lost hope before i see and get them,that they are painted good.

Last edited:
Yeah I got my new series 1 set in today from BBTS.com, and they are about the same quality of paint apps as my first release ones. Seems like there is a bit more gloss though... anyways, I'm happy with what we got.

With the sheer amount and the complexity of these paint applications, I'm amazed NECA was able to get them to turn out as well as they did. Prototypes and custom paint jobs always look amazing... but sadly that level of attention and detail isn't realisically possible in the way these figures are produced (and definitely not for the price point they are offering these at.) So they are never going to look as nice as the protos.

When they have to churn out so many thousands of figures, get them assembled, painted and ready, and get the factory ready to move onto the next figures to be made in such a short amount of time, I'd say the QC is pretty good. Sure, they could make each figure get a perfect paintjob, but that would raise production (and consumer costs) very significantly.

Plus, there have always been complaints about the paintjobs, there must have been a bit more than just bad paint QC going on behind the scenes as to why NECA threw up their hands after the TRU 2-pack and decided to move ALL Pred production to a new factory.

Unfortunately paint slop, loose/tight joints, etc. are just the things that happen on a mass-produced line like this. NECA has done very well in making these problems less frequent, but like all figure manufacturers, it's always a struggle between getting out the best possible product and making a profit to remain in business.

Figures from other companies have probably on the average less than half of the individual paint apps NECA's figures have, and they still have paint issues, so it's not just an issue with NECA.

I'd recommend sticking with NECA, in my opinion they are the best figure company out there today. The sculpting, accuracy, paint complexity and price point always beat out Mattel, Hasbro, etc. for me. If you love the properties they make the figures out of (Alien, Predator, Teminator, etc.) then stick with 'em. I can guarantee you no other company will ever make 7" scale figures of them as good as NECA will.

Last edited:
SOON...
327926889.jpg

https://twitpic.com/5f8m09

And blows at everything else? :dunno
If I sit down and watch one of his Transformer movies expecting ONLY cool action crap, I'd still be disappointed.
Is he really that great if all he can do is make "mindless action movies" anyway?

I'm not trying to be a ******, but come on.. Don't you think you're exaggerating just a LITTLE?

From what I know of him, he reminds me of an older, more experienced version of the Strause Brothers.

Not even a little bit. Bad Boys is so entertaining. As is The Island, which is totally underrated. I dig Armageddon, like Bad Boys 2, and i have to say Transformers is his best.

People who hate his movies lack the ability to have fun. Get over yourselves. He doesnt make movies to move you. He makes flicks to entertain you, and make ____ explode. He rules.

hope elder actually is that good in the stores.
supposedly, Series 3 is from the "new factory". so, if nothing else, they'll be noticeably better than the first 2 series we got. the 1/4 pred was done by the new factory too, so i'm cautiously optimistic these will turn out pretty well. we'll find out next month and we'll see how far all the tough-talk from NECA goes.

supposedly, Series 3 is from the "new factory". so, if nothing else, they'll be noticeably better than the first 2 series we got. the 1/4 pred was done by the new factory too, so i'm cautiously optimistic these will turn out pretty well. we'll find out next month and we'll see how far all the tough-talk from NECA goes.

i just got series 1 re-release berserker predator, painted by the new china factory, and it's not a much better job, than the old factory, only a better color, has a stuck elbow joint, loose knee joints, and paint slop too.
i hope the new factory improves on the other predator series.

i just got series 1 re-release berserker predator, painted by the new china factory, and it's not a much better job, than the old factory, only a better color, has a stuck elbow joint, loose knee joints, and paint slop too.
i hope the new factory improves on the other predator series.
at least it's the right color this time. people need to post some comparison pics of these re-releases. for science.

Back