NECA Django Unchained 8" Pose-able Action Figure Dolls

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to start a company and get this license for the sole purpose of making D'artagnan chew toys. :lecture

I agree, and that's the point; that is insensitive, and, compared to the Django figures that came out, things could be a lot worse...:lecture

I do think that people should toughen up a little bit, though.

There's a difference between history and fiction. Just to put things in perspective, I cite the new The Dark Knight Returns movie, and the DC Collectibles box set. In that story, The Joker kills lots of children, yet I don't see the parents of the Sandy Hook victims calling for those things to be pulled from the line-up and burned. It's an extreme example, yes, but it's really not that different.

Yeah, I figured I'd shock first and answer questions later. That being said, that was a very difficult scene to sit through. :lecture

Do you really think people are going to buy them at their listed Amazon prices right now?

Probably; people will buy into the media craze, only to be disappointed when their $400 investment turns out to be a dud.

Do you really think people are going to buy them at their listed Amazon prices right now?

just like the twinkie craze, people will. Seems like people are willing to spend hundreds on something that cannot be purchased later. The figures could go up to a Thousand dollars and I could see people buying them just because of the hype.

I, as a simple and optimistic man, feel certain that they're going to be easily available to all again within four or five months. It's just this feeling I does got.

I remember when I bought Django the lady was trying to sell me the rest of the set for only 75.00 saying these would probably not be available again, then i remember thinking yeah whatever lady, boy was she right, wish i had picked up the rest.

As much as I love Kerry Washington, and NECA is a good company for what they specialize in generally, but dang these dolls are ugly.

I just hope Enterbay can get their figs out and maybe see fit to do their own Broomhilda...yeah, I know Broomhilda is never going to happen now... :(

My belief is that theese figures from NECA got pulled mainly because they look so god damn ugly! They really makes the characters look cheap and cartoonish, and i can see why people get offended by just looking at them. The Enterbay figures are more a homage to the actors and their respective character, and not some ugly toy doll that kids can buy at toys r us.

The irony of the situation makes me laugh..haha. There is nothing racist about a company making dolls from a film. However, NOT making figures from this film because of the subject matter or the main character, when today, almost every film gets a line of action figures, that right there is racist. Remember, it's about EQUALITY!! Great job Weinstein Co.!!! HAHAHA

Have you seen the prices of these figures lately??? I'm so annoyed. I'll never own them now. They were on sale for 30$ a piece two days ago...but ever since they got discontinued YESTERDAY..people have been listing them for $7999.00. RIDICULOUS. [ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B009I7884G/?tag=marchysale107-20[/ame]

Back